• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 47: 1630

The omani army quickly overran Mutapa with ease, the sultan wasnt comfortable about the war however as he had other plans for Oman, his father was reckless in his declaration of war and dismissed the possibility of a portuguese or a persian attack, the sultan feared that Oman was too stretched out and would lose easily to a nation like Portugal or France if it doesnt maintain a modern navy, he knew that army modernization will come eventually when the country is stable enough but naval modernization will take time and effort and is much more important to Oman than a modern army

eu325.jpg

Abu al Hasan I was greatly upset when he learned that Mutapan gold has been spent from this war and there was no way Mutapa could pay currently, the sultan was advised to vassalize Mutapa but he refused for unkown reasons, he decided to force them to cancel their alliance with Songhai instead

eu326.jpg

The only good outcome of this war for the sultan was that he became more popular in the army than the former sultan because he didnt treat soldiers as tools for his goals and ended a pointless war quickly unlike the former sultans who didnt care at all about what soldiers thought, he decided that now is the right time to begin a big modernization of the army with the introduction of a new formal suite for military units that suites the weather, new tactics, new strategies, new recruitment systems and a well-organized training for both soldiers and officers, it was a big step forward in military terms for Oman that touched every aspect of the army, making it considerably better

eu327y.jpg

eu328.jpg

Just read through the entire AAR, a brilliant piece of work, hope you'll continue to update it.

Last edited:
Just finished reading through your AAR, and I have to say, it's fantastic. You're very good at spinning together a story to fit the situation in the game. I'll be watching this one closely...

Well you modernized. Congrats. Too bad Mutapa had no cash.

Yeah, that was a fail :eek:

Such a waste! Pity. At least your military proved its competence.

Its good the AI doesnt know that it was a fail :p

Good luck with relaxing the militant approach to the African minors. If you don't snap them up, Portugal probably will.

Well I dont believe Portugal will do that now, but maybe they will soon

Just read through the entire AAR, a brilliant piece of work, hope you'll continue to update it.

Is it? I thought it was rather amateur .... Thank you very much :)

Just finished reading through your AAR, and I have to say, it's fantastic. You're very good at spinning together a story to fit the situation in the game. I'll be watching this one closely...

Thank you :) I never really thought my writing skills to be above average, I hope you enjoy the next updates :>

Btw sorry for not updating this AAR lately but I assure you that I will try to continue to the end

Last edited:
Chapter 48: 1630-1633

In 1630 the sultan recieved a map he demanded 4 years ago from omani adventurers about Russia, they also gave him basic information about religion, culture, military, trade and clothings in those areas, as well as their kings and nobles; The most prominent of those countries was the powerful catholic Kingdom of Ryazan

eu31i.jpg

The sultan wanted to get a firmer hold over Arabia by expanding his influence, he asked Al Hasa's sultan to come over to his lavish palace in Muscat to discuss important things about Hasa's future, as expected, he was stunned by the beautiful palace of Muscat since he never saw anything like it in his small underpopulated capital, this didnt affect him enough to submit to omani rule, however

eu32.jpg

Sultan Abu al Hasan decided to visit Bahrain to see what the Vijayanagari rule changed there, he was surprised to see that Vijayanagara has spent so much effort on assimilating the Bahraini society, he encountered some villages on his way that spoke some indan language he couldnt understand, and in Manama the muslim population was small and an unknown language was commonly heard in the streets, the sultan was unimpressed by this and asked a rich merchant to take him back to Muscat on his biggest ship, there he went to the largest mosque in Muscat and asked the imam to send a number of arab missionaries to Bahrain

eu33t.jpg

In 1633 France nominated a new viceroy to its south africa, his name was Sebastian and he was a pious catholic man who served as a priest in Nouvelle Paris in the french cape, he has always dreamt of stopping the muslim expansion into East Africa and wanted to expand his rule over the rich omani colonies, after a couple of weeks of organizing his colonial war he sent an official letter to the sultan asking him to cede all his lands south of Sofala to New France, the sultan ordered his viceroy in New Oman to react immediately to this threat by getting a military access from Portugal and joining his forces together, Portugal was unimpressed by France's colonial expansion and therefore accepted Oman's demand of military access happily, Sebastian ordered his 15,000 men-strong army to move towards New Dhofar and fight the enemies of France and christianity there

eu34.jpg

eu35v.jpg

The unprepared fortress of New Dhofar didnt stand long against the large french colonial army and was quickly occupied, the french quickly left the main city and marched north towards New Bahrain

eu37.jpg

By the time french forces reached the fortress of New Manama, omani colonial forces were finally merged in New Doha, from there they began marching south under the leadership of Jomaa, New Oman's famous general

eu38.jpg

Jomaa ordered his infantrymen to stand in 5 deep lines and march sowly towards the french army, the cavalry was ordered to flank the enemies, however, the french forces quickly made a half-cricle formation that allowed them to hit the cavalry, seeing that his plan failed, Jomaa ordered his cavalry to charge the french infantry and his infantry too which would make the french surrounded because of their circle formation, the french general, Francis, ordered his men to charge the omanis immediately after they shot their first volley, the battle then descended into a large, disorganized infantry duel the omanis were clearly losing, luckily for Jomaa a thunderstorm hit the area in the middle of the battle, allowing him and his men to retreat to a nearby town the french havent got on their map, stopping there before going north back to New Doha

eu39.jpg

Oh, the BBB has put an end to your plans...

Do I hear the drum of doom? In my attempts at Oman it was the Portuguese and/or English who ultimately knocked at my door. Even if I managed to chase (or buy) them away initially, they'd come back, stronger and more vicious.

Wish you luck anyway.

And the BBB steamrolls on.
Cliffhangers, cliffhangers.

Oh, the BBB has put an end to your plans...

Cheer up :)

Do I hear the drum of doom? In my attempts at Oman it was the Portuguese and/or English who ultimately knocked at my door. Even if I managed to chase (or buy) them away initially, they'd come back, stronger and more vicious.

Wish you luck anyway.

We'll see what happens, remember that my armies are modernized

Your army had equal number of cavalry and infantry. France usually gets Military Drill as an idea -I don't know if you did. Your attack looks like more of a kamikaze...

Chapter 49: 1633-1636

The sultan was extremly worried, if the french forces moved forward now, the outcome will be disastrous for Oman, Sebastian's victory over Oman would attract european colonial empires to turn Oman into another peice in their major free for all chess game.

After the sultan made sure there are no french navies nearby, he ordered the main omani army based in Muscat to board the navy and head towards New Bahrain colony's main port.

Luckily for Oman, Sebastian didnt include a naval landing from Oman's mainland in his plan so he didnt ask the french king for a navy to not go over his small budget, when the army landed it was joined with the colonial forces to make one more attempt at stopping the french advance and reocuppying the lost territories, and maybe even advancing on Sebastian's colony itself.

The army marched forward towards the sparsely populated southern part of New Bahrain where the french forces made a camp, theo manis had a numeral advantage but some colonial troops lacked weapons or bullets so they were used as foragers, the french sent spies out to disappoint any omani plan for a surprise attack, the spies did succeed in their mission and the french army quickly reformed itself for the upcoming battle, dense forests made the battle quite annoying for both sides and soon both commanders lost any control over their troops who had to spread out in one big line to be able to shoot through the trees, Jomaa decided to rely on steel and ordered his men to charge the cursed invaders, the french, who were not used to fight in the middle of a forest, were soundly defeated by the local colonial omani troops; All the survivors decided to desert and only a few hundreds managed to return home, the rest faced an unknown fate.

eu310.jpg

New Sohar and New Dhofar gave way to the omani troops with very small resistance from occupying french troops.

eu311.jpg

Soon the omani army occupied the poorly populated French Africa including the french cape colony, Sebastian had no choice but to give diplomatic command to the King of France as his last hope of keepig his post, the king however was quite angry and Sebastian narrowly escaped hanging, he was replaced with a new viceroy.

eu312.jpg

The sultan agreed to a rather disadvantegeous peace treaty because he was worried of a real french invasion, he merely renounced military access to Baluchistan but that alone was enough to cause the soldiers to make a small revolt because they were fed up with the reforms.

eu313.jpg

In order to make the soldiers feel better, Jomaa ordered his troops to destroy french settlements on the banks of the Great Karoo so they can let their anger out on their enemies, soldiers were also allowed to keep the loot, this act was hailed by the sultan who saw it as a brilliant move, it did much to sever Oman's relations with France, however.

eu314r.jpg

After this war, the sultan decided to start building a bigger navy, he ordered appoximately 6 new big ships to increase his income from tariffs for now, eventhough he was looking forward to the new ship model his navy scientist promised before making any new big ships.

eu315.jpg

The sultan decided to hire a famous clergyman to help convert the Sunni and Hindu population in Oman.

eu316.jpg

Just rebuild those treaties, France is pacified.

Meh. You should've seized those colonies and Omanize them :D
Are the coastal ones full-fledged cities yet?