• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Though you conquered no land,you have brought glory to your name! Go spread Omani awesomeness to the 4 corners of the square globe!
I will once I get rid of this horrible poverty :)

Nice progress, I'll be following.
Thanks for reading

I'd eye the Indian subcontinent for a weak prey, there are so many rich provs there...

If only that massive Vijayanagara wasnt guaranteeing everyone ....

Chapter 10: 1449-1463

Omani merchants discovered new goods and new areas

eu316.jpg

OMG

eu317.jpg

The number of smugglers increases in Oman, Barakat finds it too expensive to stop them and decides to do it later

eu318.jpg

Persia declared war on Baluchistan and asked Oman to enter the conflict, Baluchistan is joined by Jalayrids and Mamelukes who saw themselves as the protectors of the sunnis

eu319.jpg

eu320f.jpg

The mamelukes were too much for Persia, so Persia allowed Mamelukes to take Tabouk which was the first step by the Mamelukes to annex the muslim holy land

eu321.jpg

The persian and omani navies made a joint defense for Muscat against Baluchistani attacks, Baluchistan was hoping to annex Oman and then turn to fight Persia, this plan was doomed to fail

eu322.jpg

Oman accepted peace with Baluchistan and Omani traders were now allowed to acess Baluchistan's markets

eu323.jpg

In 22 February 1463, Barakat fell ill and he decided to give more power to rich tribesmen, he hoped this will be temporary

eu324.jpg

If only that massive Vijayanagara wasnt guaranteeing everyone ....
Don't let that stop you :p

Get military access from one of Vij's neighbors and ship over your army there. DOW them and drag persia with you into the war and then sink their navy while they're transporting over troops *nodnod*

Or if you're feeling cautious you can do the same thing but keep the troops home and aim for a white peace (with the small detail that you dow some of their tasty weak neighbors before you sign the peace) :D

Don't let that stop you :p

Get military access from one of Vij's neighbors and ship over your army there. DOW them and drag persia with you into the war and then sink their navy while they're transporting over troops *nodnod*

Or if you're feeling cautious you can do the same thing but keep the troops home and aim for a white peace (with the small detail that you dow some of their tasty weak neighbors before you sign the peace) :D

Or, alternativly, you could declare war on Vijayanagara itself; GUTS AND GLORY LADS!!! :D

*by "DOW them" I meant DOW Vij and not the country where you had landed a bunch of troops :p

Even better!

I'll do that if I felt like ending the campaign

I don't understand why you are going decentralised again. Your early slider moves went towards centralisation. At 3 stability, I would have taken the -1 from the other option.

Im sick of losing stability, I cant invest in techs because I keep losing stability each time I regain it, and it doesnt make sense to give more power to the army when the king becomes sick anyway

Asking just out of curiosity, why don't you upgrade your troops?

I think muslim archers are better because they have fire attack

I think muslim archers are better because they have fire attack
Wait, are you talking about "Muslim archer" or "Muslim cavalry archer"?

Because muslim archer look like: 0/0 1/0 1/1 and has no fire at all...
and the cavalry version look like: 1/0 2/0 2/1 ... once you've checked this, go to your military tab and check how affective fire is at your tech level. Infantry should have about .05 fire multiplier and .8 shock multiplier whilst cavalry has a 0 fire multiplier and a 1.6 shock multiplier. Translation: fire is completely useless at your tech level. >.<

Wait, are you talking about "Muslim archer" or "Muslim cavalry archer"?

Because muslim archer look like: 0/0 1/0 1/1 and has no fire at all...
and the cavalry version look like: 1/0 2/0 2/1 ... once you've checked this, go to your military tab and check how affective fire is at your tech level. Infantry should have about .05 fire multiplier and .8 shock multiplier whilst cavalry has a 0 fire multiplier and a 1.6 shock multiplier. Translation: fire is completely useless at your tech level. >.<

didnt know that, thanks for telling me, but in the next few updates it will be still un-upgraded cause I prepared the images 1 week ago

Chapter 11: 1463-1471

After recovering from his illness, Barakat wanted to regain his control but the nobles opposed him as expected, so he was ready to defeat them

eu31e.jpg

eu33s.jpg

eu34.jpg

While sultan was trying to hunt a deer, he was stung by a scorpion when he got off his horse and died, Barakat was shocked to hear these news, the sadness made him forget that he now has no heir at all, the aging Barakat was afraid that should he die without a heir, not only Swahili will become independent from Oman but Oman would be overrun by pretenders

eu32w.jpg

Barakat named his cousin's son the heir to Oman's throne because he felt his cousin was healthy and smart enough to be able to train a ruler who can rule Oman successfully

eu35n.jpg

Oman's prestige had granted Nabhan's house powerful claims on other nations, Barakat felt that his dream had finaly come true

eu36.jpg

His happiness was disturbed by another comet, he tried to convince his people that they should make a wish when they see one but that caused them to think hes a heretic

eu37iz.jpg

After his wife's death, Barakat entered a period of deep sadness and died as a result, Sultan was too young at this time so a regency council was formed, Swahili was supposed to be annexed by Oman at this point but Swahili nobles resisted this and succeeded in keeping the personal union, greatly weakening Oman's prestige ... at the same time, Delhi was in trouble again

eu38b.jpg

Subscribed. I've always wanted to try Oman, even had a few (less than one decade) attempts. Very difficult nation indeed.

Chapter 12: 1471-1477

The call form delhi was rejected, Oman flet that it was pointless to aid Delhi any more since it was dying and there was no chance to restore the glory of Delhi sultanate

Meanwhile, the pretender and his army were easily defeated, restoring order to all of Oman

eu39.jpg

However this didnt last long, after new laws were added the reactionary bedouins rebelled claiming that only the sultan should have the choice to do such a thing

eu310.jpg

eu311s.jpg

The Jalayrids, encouraged by the rebellions in Persia, declared war claiming that Persia is rightful mongol land and the Jalayrid sultan is a descendant of Genghis Khan, Oman accepted to join this conflict against this upstart illigetimate mongol

eu312.jpg

Oman's plan was to land troops in Persia and crush the rebels there so Persia can regain its stability and power, however, Oman was shocked to find that Yemen was allied with the Jalayrids in this conflict, the yemeni army was bigger than that of Oman but the Yemeni plan was to invade Hedjaz instead since Oman was too weak to invade Yemen and because Jalayrids can provide support in the Hedjazi front, which would give Jalayrids and Yemen a quick victory

eu313s.jpg

The mongol ruler signed a selfish treaty with Hedjaz, giving no land to Yemen

eu314.jpg

Oman was dealt a major defeat, the yemeni sultan was an able and smart commander and heh ad that dream of becoming the sultan of Oman, Yemen and Swahili ...

eu315.jpg

Chapter 13: 1477-1480

Jalayrids fail to restore mongol empire and decide to take a little bit of land instead

eu316j.jpg

Baluchistan felt powerful and decided to take something out of the dying tiger, but they forgot that the tiger is still not dead and it has a cat to help him

eu317.jpg

eu318.jpg

Oman's opportunity to gain new lands was somehow ruined again, but now it has an opportunity to gain land from Najd should Persia decide to not use Oman's glory as hers

eu319.jpg

Oman got swift victories and a much needed boost to her prestige

eu320k.jpg

eu321.jpg

eu322.jpg

And Oman is turned down again (this gives me a new rage idea)

eu323.jpg

Oman still could gain something out of the war, prestige and Baluchi lands

eu324.jpg

Sultan finally became the effective ruler of Oman, he asked the Swahili diet to intergate form a premanent union between Oman and Swahili, and claling it Omani-Swahili commonwealth, but the Swahilis turned him down and sticked with a mere personal union as they felt that Swahili was more powerful than Oman and therefore should keep its sovereignty, Sultan was disappointed but refusing would mean losing Swahili, just as Sultan left the Swahili nation, a pretender rebellion broke out there but the Swahili forces crushed it and regained order

eu325.jpg

Chapter 14: 1482-1484

An interesting war between Bohemia who has inherited Burgundy and France

eu31n.jpg

The highly successful Omani merchants faced discrimination from envy but stupid rich traders, those traders created problems and blamed it on the Omani merchants and they succeeded in causing the country to kick out the Omani merchants, this could've been a big blow to Oman's economy should Sultan not have bribed the ruler of that country

eu32z.jpg

Persia draws Oman into another conflict with Yemen, this time Oman wasnt so looking forward to give Persia glory so Omani forces were ordered to not go too far inside Yemen

eu33.jpg

eu34d.jpg

The Omani navy alongside Hedjazi fleet attacked the Yemeni vessels, the Yemeni fleet eventually retreated without losing any ships making the battle an indecisive victory for Oman

eu35o.jpg

The 3 navies met again in another battle but this time it ended in a decisive Omani-Hedjazi victory, after the Omanis routed the Yemeni navy, the Hedjazi fleet blocked its way and destroyed it, the victory didnt change the course of the war but Oman gained naval superiority over Yemen and gained large prestige

eu36m.jpg

Sonn after the Yemenis heard of the crushing of their fleet, the province of Mahra surrendered to Omani forces

eu37k.jpg

Hedjaz was defeated and became a vassal of Jalayrids, removing Oman's only ally in arabia and gaining a new ally on their side

eu38.jpg

Soon after Hedjaz left the war, Persia followed them and gave away Luristan, Oman was now diplomatically isolated because its too hard for Persia to fight some 1000 - 4000 men armies of rebels and hordes and instead lay seige to their captured provinces

eu39.jpg