+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Oman into space ?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Can Oman into space ?

Welcome to my 3rd attempt at making an AAR, I hope you enjoy it !

all the options are normal but no lucky nations

Chapter 1: Building the desert

On 14th of October 1399, Mahzum of Oman felt that a change was needed, the Omanis were different from the rest of arabs by being good traders and lived in villages instead of a nomad life, sadly, the arabian peninsula had scarce resources which meant Oman is deemed to have a low population, but this didnt stop him from reforming the sultanate, outside the arabian peninsula, Oman was unheard of, and was viewed as a desert filled with nomads like the rest of arabia.
    Mahzum's sultanate had a weak economy, barter was widespread outside muscat and the whole economy was depending on tax and fishies, fertile soil was rare so there was limited farming in Oman :

For a start, Mahzum needed to control his sultanate, as he currently only ruled muscat and its surroundings, as expected, the local rulers were unhappy :

Mahzum also needed to gain legitimacy, he arranged royal marriages with Haasa and Sind, however, this diplomatic move annoyed the sultan of Yemen who wanted to put Oman under his sphere of influence

The Omani army was defeated by the pretender at the first battle in Suhar, this pushed Mahzum to make a military reform by introducing mongol tactics into Oman and mixing them with infantry and he decided to lead this army :

After defeating the pretender and killing him in a duel, Mahzum became the effective sultan of Oman, the ruler of Hedjaz realised this and offered an alliance

Thep problme of succession was solved when Mahzum's wife bore a child, this made him confident to arrange more royal marriages, the sultan of Yemen realised that Oman was growing to become a regional power, which made him change his plans

Mahzum felt that the Omanis trading skills could greatly aid Oman's economy, Omani traders were sent to Persia for a start

Mahzum couldnt rule Oman alone, so he employed great persons to aid him rule the nation

Oman was now popular in some muslim courts

Mahzum listened to his people and respected their opinions at the cost of his own prestige

However, this didnt mean he didnt have enemies, the sultan was blamed of something he hadnt done, and was excuted, a regency council was created for his little son

Last edited by garudamon11; 21-12-2010 at 16:13.

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the StarsMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    That sounds rather extreme. How will you get out of this one?
    All hail Richard XI, King of the Mod, Grand Duke of Simcity 4, and Tsar of All the Awesomes - The_Shepherd

Master of Procrastination ScarcticCG's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    Lead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Wow, that's an unlucky start! Here's hoping you can turn things around!

Subscribed.

SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by King_Richard_XI View Post
    That sounds rather extreme. How will you get out of this one?
    Its actually better than my typical Oman starts

Quote Originally Posted by ScarcticCG View Post
    Wow, that's an unlucky start! Here's hoping you can turn things around!

Subscribed.
    Well I wasnt planning to expand now anyway

Thanks for reading, King_Richard_XI and ScarcticCG

Chapter 2: 1409-1417

After Mahzum's death, the nobles of Oman who made the regency council felt that they needed to defend Oman from forein threats, because Oman had a very young sultan it was prone to civil wars and foreing interventions, a cog and a large ship equipped with cannons were ordered to be built

The Omani traders now had a large market in Persia, but that was not enough to keep Oman powerful economically, the Omani traders who were searching for a close market found and exotic market at Zanzibar, the regency council was more than happy to establish a trade between Africa and Persia, bringing Oman large wealth

In 5th may 1410, the regency council noticed an increasing decenteralization with some regions rejecting or delaying to respond to orders from the regency council, the regency council voted on sending the army to crush a powerful tribesman in Qawasim to teach those who dare think about seceding from Oman a lesson

The Omani traders decided to extend their trade to India as well

On 12 September 1414 the regency council voted on building a new carrack from money gathered from the nobles of Oman to defend the Omani traders from any threat

In the same year, Oman offered an alliance to Persia, who was a growing shi'ite power, Persia accepted it because it gave Persia a powerful maritime ally, and it gave Oman a powerful continental ally

On 26 May 1415, Barakat became the sultan of Oman, on the same day he crowned his brother as the heir to the throne, Barakat sought to expand Oman's boundaries, should he get the chance to

Ottoman empire saw that islam was under the threat of foreign attacks, and saw Oman as a juicy prey for europeans, so it decided to expand its influence in Oman should it get attacked by a european colonial power, however, Omani diplomats succeeded in turning this into a defensive alliance

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the StarsMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

Blog Entries
    Doing well economically, and you got a king pretty quickly. Hope you get attacked so you can use your Persian and Ottoman clubs.
    All hail Richard XI, King of the Mod, Grand Duke of Simcity 4, and Tsar of All the Awesomes - The_Shepherd

Very interesting, keep 'em coming ! :P
    I made war, I annexed, and now I'm contained

Doing well economically, and you got a king pretty quickly. Hope you get attacked so you can use your Persian and Ottoman clubs.
    I hope Najd attacks me

Quote Originally Posted by SorbieGrent View Post
    Very interesting, keep 'em coming ! :P
    Thank you

Chapter 3: 1419-1421

Barakat I, who's name meant "blesses" in arabic, was a true bless to Oman, he wanted to create an european-style government in which the sultan is the absolute ruler and, realising that Oman is very weak economically and militarily, he created a large web of royal marriages in hope that he could claim the throne of another country

He thought this will take alot of work and time to do .. but it only took a matter of days

After acheiving his goal rather early, he moved on to focus on the economy, Oman was clearly dependent on trade, tax came in second and fish came in third

In southern India, a large hindu state appeared and annexed muslim rulers of deccan, this was a huge blow to islam in southern india, Barakat I was looking in worry at the map his merchants have drawn upon their arrival to India

In order to become the absolute ruler of Oman, Barakat I had to defeat the tribesmen who kept appearing from time to time hoping to break Oman and get something out of the power vaccum that will follow its breakup

Sulayman Jomaa, Oman's earliest well-known general, was a very loyal man. He defended the sultan's interests and defeated anyone who dared to rise up against Oman because he felt that Oman could do something special, something that will make it a respectable and well known nation in the world ... he felt that Oman can into space!

On 13 February 1423, Algiers formed a defensive alliance with Oman, the two nations shared warm relations and royal marriages

Last edited by garudamon11; 22-12-2010 at 09:28.

Blog Entries
    Liberate India, and steal their Space Program!

Interesting. I hope 'Umar has better stats than Mahzum and Barakât, though.

Liberate India, and steal their Space Program!
    I will when I get the chance to, if I declare war now I risk getting annexed, and theres no way to defeat Vijayanwhatever now
    Quote Originally Posted by Zvetiki View Post
    Interesting. I hope 'Umar has better stats than Mahzum and Barakât, though.
    I forgot to check but I think hes good

Thanks for reading and ... please post more cause otherwise it will take alot of time to scroll down in pages

EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae Victis

Crush them, crush them all!

Looks good, last revolt looked like the general pulled a bad maneuver but those revolts should give you some nice tradition for a better general if they keep happenning. Was it Centralization that caused all of them?

/subscribed

Quote Originally Posted by the_lanninator View Post
    Crush them, crush them all!

Looks good, last revolt looked like the general pulled a bad maneuver but those revolts should give you some nice tradition for a better general if they keep happenning. Was it Centralization that caused all of them?

/subscribed
    Yes, all my rebellions are from centeralization moves

Thanks for reading

Chapter 4: 1421-1424

Barakat I decided to fire his current MoM (not his mother) because he was bad at his job and because he found someone better

By July 1422 the Omani merchants have discovered new areas of land and new centeres of trade

Under the rule of Barakat I, the Nabhanid family was transformed from an unheard of family to the Habsburgs of the muslim world

In September 1423, the economic success of Oman had caused neighbouring shi'ite provinces to revolt, seeking to get annexed by Oman and leave their nomad life

On the same year, Omani merchants discovered Samarkand, Oman accepted their proposal to expand its trade to there

On 13 October, 1423, Sulayman Jomaa had passed away, sadly he didnt live to see Little Oman secede to Oman from Najd, but we are sure hes watching Oman from space now

Shi'ite zealots captured the Najdi fortress of Beni Yas, and moved on to seige the fortress at Liwa

Eventually, the rebels succeeded to capture Liwa but they didnt move further into Qatar for unkown reasons, probably hoping to spark conflict over it between Najd and Oman

Last edited by garudamon11; 23-12-2010 at 14:10.

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

I'd figured you would have laid a beat down on Yemen. interesting.
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

I was FOTW 11/25/09 and 9/12/10

Master of Procrastination ScarcticCG's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    Lead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Interesting so far; I would personally have aimed for conquest, but that's just me . Good going!

Quote Originally Posted by blsteen View Post
    I'd figured you would have laid a beat down on Yemen. interesting.
    If I defeat Yemen, I will get ugly borders

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Hopefully these two provs will defect to you, although they're dirt poor I think.
    PU with Swahili, well pity it's not Yemen.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarcticCG View Post
    Interesting so far; I would personally have aimed for conquest, but that's just me . Good going!
    Im going to do a rather peaceful AAR, Oman has a very low manpower so its a risk to declare war on someone because if someone stabs me in the back I will not be able to fight back, Im aiming for a trade empire

Hopefully these two provs will defect to you, although they're dirt poor I think.
    PU with Swahili, well pity it's not Yemen.
    Im glad it was with Swahili, that way I get their lands before Vijayawhatever does

Thanks for reading everyone !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast