• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AlHasanAlbaghdadi

Waiting impatiently for VIC3
35 Badges
Sep 7, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
Welcome to my 3rd attempt at making an AAR, I hope you enjoy it !

all the options are normal but no lucky nations

Chapter 1: Building the desert

On 14th of October 1399, Mahzum of Oman felt that a change was needed, the Omanis were different from the rest of arabs by being good traders and lived in villages instead of a nomad life, sadly, the arabian peninsula had scarce resources which meant Oman is deemed to have a low population, but this didnt stop him from reforming the sultanate, outside the arabian peninsula, Oman was unheard of, and was viewed as a desert filled with nomads like the rest of arabia.
Mahzum's sultanate had a weak economy, barter was widespread outside muscat and the whole economy was depending on tax and fishies, fertile soil was rare so there was limited farming in Oman :

eu31.jpg

For a start, Mahzum needed to control his sultanate, as he currently only ruled muscat and its surroundings, as expected, the local rulers were unhappy :

eu32r.jpg

Mahzum also needed to gain legitimacy, he arranged royal marriages with Haasa and Sind, however, this diplomatic move annoyed the sultan of Yemen who wanted to put Oman under his sphere of influence

eu33.jpg

The Omani army was defeated by the pretender at the first battle in Suhar, this pushed Mahzum to make a military reform by introducing mongol tactics into Oman and mixing them with infantry and he decided to lead this army :

eu34g.jpg

eu36.jpg

eu310.jpg

After defeating the pretender and killing him in a duel, Mahzum became the effective sultan of Oman, the ruler of Hedjaz realised this and offered an alliance

eu35.jpg

Thep problme of succession was solved when Mahzum's wife bore a child, this made him confident to arrange more royal marriages, the sultan of Yemen realised that Oman was growing to become a regional power, which made him change his plans

eu38x.jpg

eu39.jpg

eu311z.jpg

Mahzum felt that the Omanis trading skills could greatly aid Oman's economy, Omani traders were sent to Persia for a start

eu312.jpg

eu315.jpg

eu316.jpg

Mahzum couldnt rule Oman alone, so he employed great persons to aid him rule the nation

eu313v.jpg

eu318.jpg

Oman was now popular in some muslim courts

eu314.jpg

Mahzum listened to his people and respected their opinions at the cost of his own prestige

eu317.jpg

However, this didnt mean he didnt have enemies, the sultan was blamed of something he hadnt done, and was excuted, a regency council was created for his little son

eu319.jpg

eu320.jpg

Last edited:
That sounds rather extreme. How will you get out of this one?

Chapter 2: 1409-1417

After Mahzum's death, the nobles of Oman who made the regency council felt that they needed to defend Oman from forein threats, because Oman had a very young sultan it was prone to civil wars and foreing interventions, a cog and a large ship equipped with cannons were ordered to be built

eu31s.jpg

The Omani traders now had a large market in Persia, but that was not enough to keep Oman powerful economically, the Omani traders who were searching for a close market found and exotic market at Zanzibar, the regency council was more than happy to establish a trade between Africa and Persia, bringing Oman large wealth

eu32x.jpg

In 5th may 1410, the regency council noticed an increasing decenteralization with some regions rejecting or delaying to respond to orders from the regency council, the regency council voted on sending the army to crush a powerful tribesman in Qawasim to teach those who dare think about seceding from Oman a lesson

eu33c.jpg

eu34.jpg

The Omani traders decided to extend their trade to India as well

eu35.jpg

On 12 September 1414 the regency council voted on building a new carrack from money gathered from the nobles of Oman to defend the Omani traders from any threat

eu36.jpg

In the same year, Oman offered an alliance to Persia, who was a growing shi'ite power, Persia accepted it because it gave Persia a powerful maritime ally, and it gave Oman a powerful continental ally

eu37.jpg

On 26 May 1415, Barakat became the sultan of Oman, on the same day he crowned his brother as the heir to the throne, Barakat sought to expand Oman's boundaries, should he get the chance to

eu38.jpg

eu39.jpg

Ottoman empire saw that islam was under the threat of foreign attacks, and saw Oman as a juicy prey for europeans, so it decided to expand its influence in Oman should it get attacked by a european colonial power, however, Omani diplomats succeeded in turning this into a defensive alliance

eu310.jpg

Doing well economically, and you got a king pretty quickly. Hope you get attacked so you can use your Persian and Ottoman clubs. :p

Chapter 3: 1419-1421

Barakat I, who's name meant "blesses" in arabic, was a true bless to Oman, he wanted to create an european-style government in which the sultan is the absolute ruler and, realising that Oman is very weak economically and militarily, he created a large web of royal marriages in hope that he could claim the throne of another country

eu31.jpg

He thought this will take alot of work and time to do .. but it only took a matter of days

eu32p.jpg

After acheiving his goal rather early, he moved on to focus on the economy, Oman was clearly dependent on trade, tax came in second and fish came in third

eu33.jpg

In southern India, a large hindu state appeared and annexed muslim rulers of deccan, this was a huge blow to islam in southern india, Barakat I was looking in worry at the map his merchants have drawn upon their arrival to India

eu34j.jpg

In order to become the absolute ruler of Oman, Barakat I had to defeat the tribesmen who kept appearing from time to time hoping to break Oman and get something out of the power vaccum that will follow its breakup

eu35.jpg

Sulayman Jomaa, Oman's earliest well-known general, was a very loyal man. He defended the sultan's interests and defeated anyone who dared to rise up against Oman because he felt that Oman could do something special, something that will make it a respectable and well known nation in the world ... he felt that Oman can into space!

eu36.jpg

On 13 February 1423, Algiers formed a defensive alliance with Oman, the two nations shared warm relations and royal marriages

eu37h.jpg

Last edited:
Liberate India, and steal their Space Program!

Liberate India, and steal their Space Program!

I will when I get the chance to, if I declare war now I risk getting annexed, and theres no way to defeat Vijayanwhatever now
Interesting. I hope 'Umar has better stats than Mahzum and Barakât, though.

I forgot to check but I think hes good

Thanks for reading and ... please post more cause otherwise it will take alot of time to scroll down in pages :D

Crush them, crush them all!

Looks good, last revolt looked like the general pulled a bad maneuver but those revolts should give you some nice tradition for a better general if they keep happenning. Was it Centralization that caused all of them?

/subscribed

Crush them, crush them all!

Looks good, last revolt looked like the general pulled a bad maneuver but those revolts should give you some nice tradition for a better general if they keep happenning. Was it Centralization that caused all of them?

/subscribed

Yes, all my rebellions are from centeralization moves

Thanks for reading

Chapter 4: 1421-1424

Barakat I decided to fire his current MoM (not his mother) because he was bad at his job and because he found someone better

eu38z.jpg

By July 1422 the Omani merchants have discovered new areas of land and new centeres of trade

eu39.jpg

Under the rule of Barakat I, the Nabhanid family was transformed from an unheard of family to the Habsburgs of the muslim world

eu310.jpg

In September 1423, the economic success of Oman had caused neighbouring shi'ite provinces to revolt, seeking to get annexed by Oman and leave their nomad life

eu311.jpg

On the same year, Omani merchants discovered Samarkand, Oman accepted their proposal to expand its trade to there

eu312.jpg

On 13 October, 1423, Sulayman Jomaa had passed away, sadly he didnt live to see Little Oman secede to Oman from Najd, but we are sure hes watching Oman from space now

eu313.jpg

Shi'ite zealots captured the Najdi fortress of Beni Yas, and moved on to seige the fortress at Liwa

eu314o.jpg

Eventually, the rebels succeeded to capture Liwa but they didnt move further into Qatar for unkown reasons, probably hoping to spark conflict over it between Najd and Oman

eu315.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting so far; I would personally have aimed for conquest, but that's just me :D. Good going!

Im going to do a rather peaceful AAR, Oman has a very low manpower so its a risk to declare war on someone because if someone stabs me in the back I will not be able to fight back, Im aiming for a trade empire

Hopefully these two provs will defect to you, although they're dirt poor I think.
PU with Swahili, well pity it's not Yemen.

Im glad it was with Swahili, that way I get their lands before Vijayawhatever does :)

Thanks for reading everyone !