• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't think I ever had 90% naval in my entire life. :p AI is easily scared back to ports. Spread of discoveries prevents me from finding any lands unless I am immediately capable of colonizing them. Just not the way this game is played, I guess.

I'll do this one with England and I think I'll be able to do this by taking NIs related to it.

Yay! I'm # 700 and something with 10 (yes, TEN! points) . Go me. :D

Frankly speaking: when running into the "altered or other user" message and seeing I didn't get the 8/8/8 king achievement for France while starting with a 8/8/8 king in the Grand Campaign, I decided those achievements can go to some other place. (hint: It's very dark and hot in there :p )
I'll run PC when playing the game, but I'm not going to try to get at 1st spot within a week.
So perhaps it's a good idea to run a contest for those who don't have that many points as well?? Because I'm sure there's a lot people like me who'd like to play this game for relaxation and fun, instead of doing a WC in 48 hours.

Thorin :)

48 hours? You kidding me? I can make a full game in one day, and i find plenty of time to waste elsewhere.

Delra, just wait till i get 2-3 achievements once i finish this English game. :p

Does the "traditional player" achievement require you to have 90% CT, 90% Army tradition and 90% Naval tradition at the same time, or is it enough to once get 90% CT, then later in the game (or perhaps in a new game?) get the other traditions?

At the same time :)

Delra, just wait till i get 2-3 achievements once i finish this English game. :p

Hah. You better fire up that Najd game already, I'll get to Germans soon. ;-p

At least you can have fun of earning them again. :)

"Enforce religious unity as China". What exactly does that mean? Become the HRE and enforce religious unity during the reformation?

"Enforce religious unity as China". What exactly does that mean? Become the HRE and enforce religious unity during the reformation?

No, you just need to enforce your state religion on the last three or four provinces in the south.

It's a short game, you need to promote Temple into power and convert all the provinces that aren't Confucian. It's a training achievement which teaches how to play Ming more than something you'd have to play an extended game to achieve.

It's a short game, you need to promote Temple into power and convert all the provinces that aren't Confucian. It's a training achievement which teaches how to play Ming more than something you'd have to play an extended game to achieve.

Sounds like something I can play, considering that the game is slowing down in the later years.

I actually liked that one a lot. It gives you a good taste of the country and the feature associated with it - but doesn't overburden you like Norwegian Wood, World Discoverer or the most annoying so far, horde-fighting century to get Mother Russia. :) After you convert Yunnan, you have to bring back Bureaucrats to power, build all the 1st level buildings and then switch to colonization and trade - which means a lot of work needs to be done on Eunuchs (they are based on two sliders).

Still you don't want to go to crazy with them because eventually you'll want to build 2nd tier buildings and this means Bureaucrats again. I wouldn't bother much with Temple aside for the achievement, there isn't all that much to conquer around Ming.

One thing that irritated me was Manchu annexing the Hordes which kind of breaks the whole plan to colonize lowering my +colonist amounts (bordering many horde provinces boosts colonist gain quite a bit). I will revisit this campaign when it's fixed. Or maybe try to get those Hordes into my SoI to farm colonists off them?

One achievement that doesn't register for me is "All about luck" where you have to beat a 6/6/6 leader with an army without a general. GH had such a guy and I roughed him up a few times but didn't get the points. Anyone having any particular tips how to complete this one?

That achievement is definetely bugged, buddy.

As Austria, i kept fighting 666 french dudes, without any general at all, but it never fired.

I tried to fire it up multiple times by reloading the game - i made a save just a few days before the engagment. Never worked.

Just finished "Sweden is not overpowered" achievement. Man, that was a time-consuming one.

Anyway where can i see who is in first, etc? Is there some sort of stats page?

Just finished "Sweden is not overpowered" achievement. Man, that was a time-consuming one.

Anyway where can i see who is in first, etc? Is there some sort of stats page?

There's a high score list of all achievements, but not much regarding stats for individual achievements I think..

I had a strange thing where I was playing as Castille then decided to switch to the Burgundy game I had going. I resigned from Castille, loaded up Burgundy and when I got elected HRE I got the Spain is the Emperor achievement?? Not complaining, but kind of odd.