• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Save before doing a slider move.
Move slider to Narrowminded.
Hope that you get the event "Heresy", and it targets a province in the Americas.
Incite that province to revolt somehow.
Surrender to the religious rebels once they take a province.

FYI, you don't actually have to mess with the Americas. I didn't when I got this achievement. This will get you there a little easier:

Conquer and convert everything except one Shiite province (conquer it, but don't convert yet).
Place Missionary in Shiite province, reduce Missionary upkeep to zero.
Wait until Shiite province revolts, let rebels take province.
Accede to their demands (converts you to Shiite Islam)
Place Missionary in Sunni province that neighbors Shiite province.
Wait until Sunni province revolts, attack rebels with small force and drive them into Shiite province.
Let rebels take Shiite province (automatically converts it to Sunni).
Achievement.

So has anyone gotten the shogunate disbanding to work? I managed to get rid of Japan in a really convoluted way but I'm wondering if there's something faster.

1. Sell a province with a core of a releasable nation to the emperor.
2. Attack them and force them to both give up Kyoto and release the nation (you need to stabhit them for them to accept). But this glitches things and the daimyos will remain unattackable, so
3. Release Japan. It is now still the emperor but is also your right-religion vassal.
4. Wait 10 years and then diploannex it. This gets rid of the shogunate and makes the daimyos attackable.

So has anyone gotten the shogunate disbanding to work? I managed to get rid of Japan in a really convoluted way but I'm wondering if there's something faster.

2. Attack them and force them to both give up Kyoto and release the nation (you need to stabhit them for them to accept). But this glitches things and the daimyos will remain unattackable, so
3. Release Japan. It is now still the emperor but is also your right-religion vassal.
4. Wait 10 years and then diploannex it. This gets rid of the shogunate and makes the daimyos attackable.

The three times I've done it so far I did it the exact same way: capture Kyoto, let them start sieging it, sponsor a bunch of patriots, and just wait 3 years. If I remember correctly, I had to stay at war with Japan for the entire three years (otherwise the patriots would just defect to Japan instead of one of the daimyos, achieving nothing).

For my WC achievement as Ryuku, i just conquered every province until they were all OPM and eventually the shogunate will just disbanded. If it spams a million messages a day about them disbanding like it happened to me, just wait about a year and it'll actually disband.

The three times I've done it so far I did it the exact same way: capture Kyoto, let them start sieging it, sponsor a bunch of patriots, and just wait 3 years. If I remember correctly, I had to stay at war with Japan for the entire three years (otherwise the patriots would just defect to Japan instead of one of the daimyos, achieving nothing).

Was different for me. They would not start sieging as long as i had control of Tokyo, since they were friendly to me, and when i ended the war, they sieged, but defected back to tokyo. Tokyo breaks instantly once the rebel siege is complete, since it only has one province. What finally did the trick was having them besiege the other provinces, which strangely enough defected to tokyo, too (Maybe there is some randomness involved here, too). This meant that i could demand them in peace deals, and more importantly, apparently the shogunate actually disbands if there are 2 or less daimyos alive.

Was different for me. They would not start sieging as long as i had control of Tokyo, since they were friendly to me, and when i ended the war, they sieged, but defected back to tokyo. Tokyo breaks instantly once the rebel siege is complete, since it only has one province. What finally did the trick was having them besiege the other provinces, which strangely enough defected to tokyo, too (Maybe there is some randomness involved here, too). This meant that i could demand them in peace deals, and more importantly, apparently the shogunate actually disbands if there are 2 or less daimyos alive.

That's why you need to wait for the Japanese to start resieging Tokyo. If you do that, the rebels will fight them upon spawn, and they'll then get confused and siege your provinces too.

I've done it twice. The first time, Fujiwari vassalized the other three daimyos, which made them available in peace deals with Kyoto. Then Fujiwara disbanded from Kyoto in the next war.
The second time, one daimyo was annexed by the time I got there. All wars lead to the message spam, so I took territory from the central daimyo (Fujiwara had a core on its territory) and waited until Fujiwara annexed it. With two daimyos, the disbanding worked properly for me.

So, at the moment I am trying to get the "three Mountains"-achievement, playing on easy difficulty (I regret it even now, seeing as money and WE are absolutely no concern).
I managed to bcome a Sunni-Malayan State with the capital in Johore (just south of Malacca). At the moment I am holy warring the fragmented states of the Peninsula, I have allready taken Tibet, Cabodia and Malacca, but I am now unsure how to progress. Should I try to become Catholic and just go the typical way of PU-->HRE-->Profit or should I stay muslim and expand. For expansion I have two ways: West into India or East into China, or both at the same time. Also, since Malayan Culture does not offer anything as long as I can't form Malaysia I wonder which culture I should take, is there any culture with exceptionally good boni somwhere in Asia or is it not worth the trouble?

So, at the moment I am trying to get the "three Mountains"-achievement, playing on easy difficulty (I regret it even now, seeing as money and WE are absolutely no concern).
I managed to bcome a Sunni-Malayan State with the capital in Johore (just south of Malacca). At the moment I am holy warring the fragmented states of the Peninsula, I have allready taken Tibet, Cabodia and Malacca, but I am now unsure how to progress. Should I try to become Catholic and just go the typical way of PU-->HRE-->Profit or should I stay muslim and expand. For expansion I have two ways: West into India or East into China, or both at the same time. Also, since Malayan Culture does not offer anything as long as I can't form Malaysia I wonder which culture I should take, is there any culture with exceptionally good boni somwhere in Asia or is it not worth the trouble?

You can't get the achievement if you form any other country; you have to stay as Ryuku the whole game. Sorry :/.

You can't get the achievement if you form any other country; you have to stay as Ryuku the whole game. Sorry :/.
I did indeed know that, thats why I asked whether there is a culturegroup in east asia that has a very good decision or something like that, this is my first real game as a far eastern nation that is not in India/China/Japan, so I am a bit unexperienced in that regard.

I did indeed know that, thats why I asked whether there is a culturegroup in east asia that has a very good decision or something like that, this is my first real game as a far eastern nation that is not in India/China/Japan, so I am a bit unexperienced in that regard.

Oh, oh, sorry, I thought by "Malayan state" you meant that you formed Malaya.

The best culture group to be in would've probably been your original Eastern Asian: that lets you force a PU on Ming and gets you full cores. I doubt it's worth the huge stab costs to culture-switch out of Eastern Asian after you inherit China.

If you can become Catholic, yeah, the HRE can get you some nice cores. But by that time you won't really need them that much; cores on China in the early game are far more important than cores in Europe in the late game.

The best culture group to be in would've probably been your original Eastern Asian: that lets you force a PU on Ming and gets you full cores. I doubt it's worth the huge stab costs to culture-switch out of Eastern Asian after you inherit China.
Is there an actual way of forcing a PU while not having their religious group? Or did you mean that I should have changed my religion to something in Mings group (in which case I probably would have a non-eastern Asian culture), got back Okinawa, converted it, exile myself to there and bankrupt my way into Eastern asian again? That seems like a lot of trouble since I'd lose the only good CB I can get my hand on until around 1610. Anyway, thanks for the tips, I will probably just stay malayan and conquer the world with the sword and not with the Tongue.

Been trying the Austria 3 PU achievement. I'll get 2 PU's then the monarch dies and I inherit. back to square one. Do the inherited thrones count towards the total, or does it have to be 3 active PUs?

Been trying the Austria 3 PU achievement. I'll get 2 PU's then the monarch dies and I inherit. back to square one. Do the inherited thrones count towards the total, or does it have to be 3 active PUs?

They have to be active. The best way to avoid inheriting is to launch a "shadow war" and call your allies-you can't inherit a nation that is at war (horde vs civilized doesn't count). Just DoW some nation you can't really reach or that can't reach you and let the white peace clock run out...

You should be able to get 3 PUs right at the start of the game if you're quick. In addition, keep your relations negative and the PUs will break when your monarch dies, giving you a CB to re-PU them (thus making it easier to get 3 if you're having trouble).

Just (hopefully) a quickie for the Spain related achievements, do I need to unite Spain or can Castille do them just as well?

Is this true? My experience has been otherwise - I play with my friend online all the time, and I've never seen an achievement unlock while in multiplayer, even easily testable ones like having a 6/6/6 ruler using France in 1793 and historical leaders.

that achievement is still bugged, i think