• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sure you can; the easiest way would be to form Malaysia

Have you actually completed Three Mountains (world conquest with Ryukyu) ? The achievement.txt file clearly says that no nation can exist but Ryukyu. Which means that you can't complete the achievement if you form Malaysia.

I am not saying that I am 100% certain that you can't switch tags, but I would require some proof before changing my mind.

nope. I am speculating on the possibilty to change tag and release Ryukyu, then sell all provinces to Ryukyu - thus losing the game. However, since the only country left would be Ryukyu, you might get the achievement.

nope. I am speculating on the possibilty to change tag and release Ryukyu, then sell all provinces to Ryukyu - thus losing the game. However, since the only country left would be Ryukyu, you might get the achievement.

I think you will run out of diplomats, since the chance of the AI accepting a province that is of the wrong culture and religion and which it has no core one, is very unlikely at best.

And why bother? :) A WC with Ryukyu is not that much harder than any other WC. You will still have to conquer the world to sell all provinces to Ryukyu.

Looking for some advice on Poland into Space. I've failed it a couple times so far. Mycurrent game, I'm trying to keep myself to under 20 provinces and vassalizing as much of the world as I can. I'm HR Emperor and I've passed all of the reforms up to actually forming the HRE. I'm full on free trade and have done the found East Indian Trade Company decision so I've almost got a monopoly in every CoT in the world.

So, would it be better to formt he HRE and just build all of the level 6 trade buildings I can? Or should I stay small and keep going as I am?

I had thought that once I passed the vassalize decision maybe I could change govt to a republic so i could have the 10% tech discount. But, doesn;t look like I'm allowed to switch out of a monarchy at this point.

Any tips would be appreciated.

So, would it be better to formt he HRE and just build all of the level 6 trade buildings I can? Or should I stay small and keep going as I am?

When you have lots of vassals to defend you, you can actually reduce yourself to a OPM by deliberately losing wars and giving away provinces. Or by simply selling provinces for 0 gold to your vassals. Move your capital to the riches province you can find on the map and lose everything else.

If you have free trade, full centralization, free subject and innovativeness your will make it with ease.

Forming the HRE and building trade buildings everywhere may also work. But I am not certain.

What I did for the Polandball achievement was form Germany, annex all the states + release them as vassals. Then become an OPM trader.

Worked pretty fine. While the vassal income is not that much, they do provide you with a buffer to prevent annexation.

As for the Norway achievement, I am pretty confused. The country has limited forts, no income, hungry neighbours, and constant stability problems. Any suggestions?

Byzantine achievment

I'm working on the Basileus achievment but I thought I had all the provinces needed now. Do I have to own only those provinces required or am I allowed to own more as long as I own the ones I need? Can anyone tell if I need any more provinces except the ones I have right know, and in that case, which ones?

Attachments

• Byz_1621_1.bmp
    Byz_1621_1.bmp
    494,5 KB · Views: 205
Hi
I have been trying to get the "It's all about luck" achievement lately, but all my attempts have failed so far. So I was just wondering if anyone has a good strategy or advice for this particurlarly one?

I'm working on the Basileus achievment but I thought I had all the provinces needed now. Do I have to own only those provinces required or am I allowed to own more as long as I own the ones I need? Can anyone tell if I need any more provinces except the ones I have right know, and in that case, which ones?

Here is a list of the necessary provinces from the achievement file (translated from province numbers to names) in the order they appear in the file.

Corfu, Albania, Janina, Morea, Athens, Larissa, Macedonia, Edirne, Bulgaria, Thrace, Silistria, Crete, Naxos, Kaffa, Bithynia, Bursa, Smyrna, Antalya, Rhodes, Cyprus, Anatolia, Konya, Karaman, Kastamon, Angora, Sinope, Sivas, Trebizon, Burgas, Achaea, Nis, Yazgod, Hamid, Kozani

I immediately noticed you don't have Albania.

Ba'alzemon
d%#n typos!

I think you also need Albania, so have fun with Austria ;-)

Has anyone noticed that achievements can be cheated now? At least I think they can. I started a normal game of EU. With achievements and all that. Then I quit and started a game with miscmods running. Achievements were still online.

Maybe it's worth looking into?

Well, it's been possible, even easier, to cheat the system earlier. I reported one way that would have allowed anyone to get any achievement really easily.

I'm having some problems with the achievements. I was doing the Trail of Tears one and decided to tag along some other ones as well. The one where you have to core a province in Asia and Caribbean I managed to get as soon as I met the criteria; however I had to restart the game a couple of times before getting the main Cherokee one and having one province on every continent (and even then it only triggered in the main menu), since the game wouldn't register me completing them. And despite having over 7 army/navy morale for over 70 years in game now, I'm still not getting the corresponding achievements.
Any ideas what's happening?