+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: EU3 Achievements Megathread

Recruit
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Hello,

I love EU3 but I have a problem with achievements. When my Nation changes name (like Castille to Spain) the achievements get switched off. When I load a game it says that the save file has been modified and achievements are switched off. This means that my effort at the Castille HRE achievement is now screwed. Is this right? If so, is there a fix?

Thanks EU3

Welcome to the forums sparklig. Your problem belongs in the bug report forum. Please register your EU3 game to get access to this forum.
    Register your games for access to Tech Support and Bug Report forums, aswell as beta patches ## Read the sticky before reporting a bug ##
    Do you need EU3 help? Most common problems & fixes ## Quick questions / Quick answers mega thread ## Search the foums ##
    Europa Universalis III Wiki, it's like an online manual that ANYONE can update!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    Only a masochist would give up on 400 fixes introduced in beta patches to get achievements at this point.
    I knew there was something wrong with me
    Imageshack should just die...

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Al. I. Cuza View Post
    On Paradox Connect there actually are people who have the achievement. Though I can't tell if it's legit or cheated.
    Go in Highscores page, enter anyone of the first 4 or 5 profiles and hover your mouse over some of their achievements. You will see that their achievements has been done within 2 or 3 ninutes diference one from another, ( We are talking about TIME CONSUMING achievements and not the quick ones )

Recruit
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Duskey View Post
    Welcome to the forums sparklig. Your problem belongs in the bug report forum. Please register your EU3 game to get access to this forum.
    Thank you Duskey. I have had a problem registering EUIII. I bought the three (or four) pack off steam and went through the process of entering the keys etc. It accepts my keys for DW and HTTT but not for the others (Vanilla I believe). I'll put my issue in the bug page.

I love games with great communities. Thanks for your kind reply.

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by sparklig View Post
    Thank you Duskey. I have had a problem registering EUIII. I bought the three (or four) pack off steam and went through the process of entering the keys etc. It accepts my keys for DW and HTTT but not for the others (Vanilla I believe). I'll put my issue in the bug page.

I love games with great communities. Thanks for your kind reply.
    There seems to have been some problem with your registration: you're listed as a "guest". Please send an email to forum_admin@paradoxplaza.com with your registration details (not the password), and they can probably help you.
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Forum's #1 Irishman Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

That can be to do with the user's age sometimes, but there was also a bug with it too.

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan100 View Post
    Someway he must have hacked PI, but that would be almost impossible? And look, he got almost all achivements in two seconds!

I hate hackers.
    On PSN or Xbox Live you would get banned for that ^^.

I have yet so see a single cheat/glitch-free ranking on virtually any game on every platform I've checked so far, so I somehow doubt that
    Then again, I'm not much of a ranking person. I'm not even logged in while playing EU3 - even though I currently play a plain 5.0 game ^^;

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

That you can not get achievements in the beta patches is a major fail considering how long it is taking.

Patch 5.1 and achievements are back, yay!

Personally I haven't been into the late stages of the game in Divine Wind so no idea what that's like. Therefor I decided to go for the England, 30 Three-Decker achievement. I'm currently only taking cores and vassal/PU'ing my way through western Europe. France and Burgundy lies and ruins and most of the small kingdoms are my vassals. A PU with Portugal/Castille/Aragon will be my next target, aswell as continuing peaceful vassalization of small german kingdoms.

Any thoughts?
    Register your games for access to Tech Support and Bug Report forums, aswell as beta patches ## Read the sticky before reporting a bug ##
    Do you need EU3 help? Most common problems & fixes ## Quick questions / Quick answers mega thread ## Search the foums ##
    Europa Universalis III Wiki, it's like an online manual that ANYONE can update!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Duskey View Post
    Patch 5.1 and achievements are back, yay!

Personally I haven't been into the late stages of the game in Divine Wind so no idea what that's like. Therefor I decided to go for the England, 30 Three-Decker achievement. I'm currently only taking cores and vassal/PU'ing my way through western Europe. France and Burgundy lies and ruins and most of the small kingdoms are my vassals. A PU with Portugal/Castille/Aragon will be my next target, aswell as continuing peaceful vassalization of small german kingdoms.

Any thoughts?
    You don't have to start from 1399, in case you don't know...

Second Lieutenant Gen. Andersen's Avatar
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by il_loco View Post
    You don't have to start from 1399, in case you don't know...
    Except for this one you do...

For many other achievements, you are right though.

Podcat's Cat Wrangler T.j. Arnold's Avatar
    50 games registered

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: WarshipsLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesV2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Has anyone gotten the one where you must have twenty nations in your COT?
    Seems almost impossible...
    "Telling people "how it's done" is rather condescending, especially if you have no idea what their background is." - Had a dad

How to install and play Darkest Hour on a Macintosh computer!

Don't lose your cool. This is a great forum, and there is no point in getting worked up over something pointless. There are two sides to everything.

Arsenal of DemocracyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by T.j. Arnold View Post
    Has anyone gotten the one where you must have twenty nations in your COT?
    Seems almost impossible...
    Got that one as Hansa and it's fairly easy. Just use your trade income to bribe your way across the HRE. Should not take more than 10-15 years if you can keep BB down. Tradewars should be done as well ofc.

/rend
    Armageddon was yesterday - Today we have a serious problem!
    ------

Govenor of Earth in "The Paradoxian Federation" - Aurora Forum Game II - YOUR PLANET NEEDED YOU!! - Died due to Computer Crash

Games Archive and Active Games: Link

Come and play Werewolf with us! We Bite and Growl and are looking for more meat! Link

PAY ATTENTION WHEN DRIVING!

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Rendap View Post
    Got that one as Hansa and it's fairly easy. Just use your trade income to bribe your way across the HRE. Should not take more than 10-15 years if you can keep BB down. Tradewars should be done as well ofc.

/rend
    Yep, did the same.
    It can take a bit of time to bribe and get diplomats etc. but in the end its just a matter of time.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Does anyone know whether tag changes are allowed for achievements like "conquer the world as Ryukyu", get techsavvy as Poland, Form Germany as the TO, become trade leader in Naval supplies as Norway, etcetera?

Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

They are, or at least should be, in my TO game achievements are still enabled even after Tag switching to PRU, so it should be no problem.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by stnikolauswagne View Post
    They are, or at least should be, in my TO game achievements are still enabled even after Tag switching to PRU, so it should be no problem.
    Sure, but is it enabled for the TO-specific achievement?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamertu View Post
    Sure, but is it enabled for the TO-specific achievement?
    For that, you have to check the achievements.txt file in the achievement folder. In most cases, it's allowed to tag switch -- I got "An Early Reich" by going TO -> Prussia -> Germany for example. A noteworthy exception is Ryukyu, where the trigger is:
    Code:
    	happened = {
    		NOT = {
    			any_country = {
    				NOT = { tag = RYU }
    				exists = yes
    			}
    		}
    Which basically means that Ryukyu has to be the only nation remaining.. obviously that means you cant get it if you changed tag!
    'Whoever conquers a free city and does not demolish it commits a great error and may expect to be ruined himself.'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast