• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Okay, no-one has bragged here on the forums about it then! ;)

Has anybody got the Jihad achievement yet? Legitimatly, of course.

How can you tell whether it's legit or not?

Safferli, I think the "hole" in the achievement system, which allows cheating, hasn't been fixed. Is there someone I can report it to? (I know how to cheat the achievements, that's why I'm not playing with them on anymore)

I'm sure that many people have come up with many different ways to cheat the achievements. Whether Paradox can track all of these happening is another matter, and since the achievements are an honor system type of situation I guess those cheaters will have to live with it themselves.

Safferli, I think the "hole" in the achievement system, which allows cheating, hasn't been fixed. Is there someone I can report it to? (I know how to cheat the achievements, that's why I'm not playing with them on anymore)

No idea if this is the best way, but you could PM artfox. A number of "holes" are already known, but he should know if yours is new.

can we...

can we reset achievement to default for fresh start? or is it associated with out accounts and can not be erased once we achieve it?

so my bro can play without having achievements already achieved.

I don't know about specific achievements... but I once vassalized Great Britain and conquered/colonized all of North and South America, most of the South Pacific, and virtually all of habitable Africa with Spain.

Right now, I've conquered the entire Middle East, North Africa, the east African coast, and much of southeastern Europe as the Mamluks.... And I've maintained an honorable reputation.

My biggest excitement came from the total annihilation of France as England in the early 15th century. Felt so good....

Najd is the sexiest nation in the Muslim tech group

I'm giving the Jihad achievement an honest and legitimate try and have taken control of all the Arabian peninsula, portions of the levant, and the the Horn of Africa. Much of this is through vassals however, as the tribal government means that my country collapses every 10 years or so.... I'm at government 9 though and should be able to become a despotic monarchy by the early 16th century. The tribal governments do have an upside though, the casus bellis are great and provide for easy vassalization of heathens, heretics, and neighbors.

The Ottomans have failed to conquer Europe for the glory of Allah and now face the same fate as the Byzantines they conquered and then released as Sunni muslims later. India has also agglomerated into several megastates as well, and how well balanced they are is rather surprising. The Catholics are doing extremely well on all fronts.

My immediate plans are to annex all my vassals (Hedjaz, Yemen, Ethiopia, and Adal) and then move on to what's left of the Mamluks and Funj. Iraq and Syria are next, although Syria is my ally now. I don't even want to think about Asia Minor, with both Naples and Castille having footholds there.... Besides that, Europe is business as usual. England united, France blobbing, Castille controlling most of Iberia save a few English exclaves. Poland, being between Uberlithuania and Hungary, cannot into space.

A map of my voluptuous realm is attached.

Attachments

• gloriousnajd.png
    gloriousnajd.png
    20,9 KB · Views: 80
Ever since the beta patches rolled out, I haven't played vanilla DW. Kudos for doing so, keep us posted on your achievement. I only have the boring ones left that take ages to complete :(

Only a masochist would give up on 400 fixes introduced in beta patches to get achievements at this point.

And yes, I say that only because I don't want to be pushed further away from my deserved and earned top3 spot outside of top30 which slowly happens. :)