• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is the "Can he be trusted?" achievement broken?

I managed to get 100 tradition as Holland in my game where I aim for "The flag is Oranje" thx to constantly getting the mission to have a bigger army than Brabant. Managed to get 90% in one year thx to mercenaries. :D

Anyways, I saved right at the moment I got 100 tradition so I can reload whenever I feel like it and try again. And I've been trying to get the general for half an hour or so now. I did get one 6/6/6 general but the achievement didn't pop up. I'd like to know if the achievement is possible to get before I go back to reloading the game as I don't like wasting my free time. :p

I've got that achievement in like 1405. Hungary, Bavaria and Thuringia. Later Bohemia and Milan joined my slave collection but I haven't inherited last two before Privilegia and they switched from PU to vassal.

I got it in 1402. Started by DoWing Palatinate and forcing a PU, then struck on Ansbach and PU'd, then hit Baden. Sure, I was at war with most of Europe, but it was worth it.

That achievement should work. Easy way to check is to start in 1792 (or 1793) with historical leaders as France. Then wait until June and you get Napoleon and the achievement.

This time I got it. I think it has something to do with the fact I was paused when I recruted the general in my Holland game. Napoleon came when I was unpaused and I got the achievement straight away.

Anyways, thx for the tip! 500 points and place #10 now. ;)

Also, fun fact. I got Master of India after taking One province from Bihar as Spain. One province. The achievements description is misleading.

Also, fun fact. I got Master of India after taking One province from Bihar as Spain. One province. The achievements description is misleading.

Someone else also reported that, but I didn't get an achievement in my Spain game when I conquered a province from Orissa.

I don't have it yet. :) There's a NI for each. Culture is very easy to get, Naval is easiest earned exploring 50 new sea zones, Land while fighting battles with your entire army against comparable enemy force. I requires some effort to reach all three at once though. Especially Naval + Land. If I was planning for it I'd hit 100 culture and navy first (as England or France for example) by exploring and such, then get Commissions, gather my entire army and go conquer HRE or whoever before Naval falls below 90.

1705 as Cherokee... just 95 more years. Fortunately after my epic war against Portugal, Norway and Brittany, I haven't experienced any wars except for the just started Japanese invasion.
I made an awesome move against the Brittany-Norway-Portugal coalition: I forced Brittany to release Aztec and Zapotec, burned their colonies that were next to mine, forced Portugal to pay a bit money and forced Norway to cede a colony. Now Brittany has no land connection to me and hasn't declared war, so Portugal and Norway remain silent and won't do anything.

Triple post in a row, hmh.

I just reached land morale of 7.33 in my Cherokee game, but didn't get the achievement. I tried logging in, saving, quitting, restarting, loading as logged in, but I'm not getting it. And I can't unpause the game with Paradox connect on, because it takes over 10 minutes to progress one ingame day.

The 7.00 morale achievement can be gotten simply by reloading the game after having a save with it. You dont need to be logged to Paradox conenct when you are about to get the 7.00 morale.

If you arent getting it, then something fishy is going on in your game, and i would start worrying about the trail of tears achievement, too (which you should be getting soon).

BTW, currently in my polish game, its 1580 and my income is 350. I am pretty small, but i own 10 COTs.

I got the Poland achievement.

It took me a couple tries. The way I did it was by getting big - 50-provinces or so early game. Went reformed admin republic, maximized trade, hit tech 71. Took LEF and Formalized Scales, Weights, and Measures as early as possible.

Then starting in 1814 I sold all the provinces that releasable nations didn't have cores on, and in 1819 I released all my possible vassals, turned into an OPM, and joined the HRE. Earn like a major, tech like a minor, and Poland can into space!

Tried saving and reloading, no 7-morale achievement. I wonder why? It doesn't report anything that achievements are disabled, and I have 7.42 morale, so it's clearly over the limit.

- Turn off your game
- Turn your game on
- Turn achievements on in the menu. You sometimes get points then.
- If you didn't get points, turn achievements off again.
- Load your save.
- Go to Achievements and log in.
- Unpause and wait a few minutes for a day to pass.
- Pause again and wait a sec for delag. Then you should see the icon.

That's what I did when I couldn't get Wooden Wall. :)

Do you have Military Drill NI? Could be that the achievement is just checking the "morale from tech".

- Turn off your game
- Turn your game on
- Turn achievements on in the menu. You sometimes get points then.
- If you didn't get points, turn achievements off again.
- Load your save.
- Go to Achievements and log in.
- Unpause and wait a few minutes for a day to pass.
- Pause again and wait a sec for delag. Then you should see the icon.

That's what I did when I couldn't get Wooden Wall. :)
Unpausing is exactly what causes trouble. Only rarely it actually goes through a day after 10-15 minutes of waiting, but most of the time it just freezes.

Keep trying tuore. I had the same but it triggered eventually after enough meddling, crashes and lags. :-|

Duskey: I had both NIs, advisors, defender of faith and ruler bonuses on top of my tech morale bonus and received both achievements without trouble. So it only looks at total morale - you can sneakpeek it hovering over stars in your military budget screen. It actually was Defender of Faith that allowed me to trick the completion earlier than you usually get such morale.

Tech forum says (stop reading here whoever doesn't have the game registered!) to prevent big savegame files you need to never "resign" but always quit the game directly when you intend to reload. I'm going to practice that from now on. :)