+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: EU3 Achievements Megathread

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Matte10 View Post
    But the achievement doesn't say "start in the grand campaign" so I guess you can start at the peak of swedish power (making it quite easy).
    What exactly would that be? 1500s with Gustav Vasa?
    1914-1964 - the Ultimate Strategy Game

Commander: Conquest of the Americas

Blog Entries
    Formal Request makes this Baltic conquest pretty annoying. Riga belonged to Austria, Bohemia, Burgundy and now belong to the Palatinate. Wonder who's next. ;-) I'm short 4 provinces in 1480 and keep getting stupid stab events slowing me down.
    “Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVWar of the Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by tuore View Post
    1610 with Gustav II Adolf. He is a kick ass general.
    "If a man does not strike first, he will be the first struck" - Athenogoras of Syracuse
    "Force is the most effective and efficient means to do something and the virtuous prince will employ its leverage." - Machiavelli
    "Men should either be treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injures - for heavy ones they cannot" - Machiavelli
    "It is best to be both feared and loved, however, if one cannot be both it is better to be feared than loved." - Machiavelli
    "A prince must be a lion, but he must also know how to play the fox." - Machiavelli
    "I'm the lord of lords, not the server of servants." - João II of Portugal

Blog Entries
    I've done it in 1522. It'd be faster if it wasn't for:

- Cascading alliances. One minor DoWs me... and a month later I am fighting all my neighbours.
    - Formal Request and my target lands costantly switching hands to the toughest country on the map
    - Spontaneous DoWs by France and Burgundy. They had no core, no CB at all and yet they decided to beat me up three times. :-)
    - Muscowy being allied and friends with Novgorod after they annexed the hordes together. Haven't seen that before.
    - Hansa being vassalized by the GB and in general GB messing around with them first as allies and then enemies.
    - I decided to not become the HRE but I think I should have started by vassalizing a couple electors.

It's a very tedious experience and the end effect is not really strong strategically having weak borders on all frontiers and antagonized all neighbours. The whole idea of conquering everything around the Baltics was silly. ;-) I think Sweden shouldn't be played like this at all.

Now, any tips for Norwegian wood?
    “Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

You've fallen to position 4.
    Then again, I've fallen from #10 to #15.

Blog Entries
    I don't really mind being outpaced by someone who did Poland Can Into Space. ;-)

I'm still playing the Cherokee game... sigh.

Blog Entries
    No hurry, it's a marathon. In the end we will all sit without WC (I saw those new BB events when doing HRE :-|), Najd and Ryukyu achievements. An exclusive club of 10-15 people who bothered. Birdboy has already run out of achievements to gather. :-p

I still have the land+naval morale achievements. I guess I could do those with England? At the same time, I could make the "core in americas and india" (which I didn't do in my Spain game because it got boring) and the three-decker achievement.

I wonder if it would be possible to combine the Germany and HRE achievements in one game? You'd start as the Teutonic Order, expand to the HRE and vassalize some electors, get elected as the HRE, reform until the vassalization, then just diploannex the required countries for Germany, then form Germany and then form HRE.

I'm progressing very slowly in my Cherokee game because of two things:
    1. I'm saving and reloading when I get "Provinces resist westernisation". I don't want to take the decentralization hit. I've taken the advise and I'm not resigning but alt-F4'ing and restarting the game.
    2. I'm waiting for a new ruler and reloading when he never has sufficient ADM skill for government/military modernization.
    Last edited by tuore; 26-12-2010 at 18:30.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by tuore View Post
    I did it in... 1660 or so. After the thirty years war and during the deluge.

Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    I've done it in 1522. It'd be faster if it wasn't for:

- Cascading alliances. One minor DoWs me... and a month later I am fighting all my neighbours.
    - Formal Request and my target lands costantly switching hands to the toughest country on the map
    - Spontaneous DoWs by France and Burgundy. They had no core, no CB at all and yet they decided to beat me up three times. :-)
    - Muscowy being allied and friends with Novgorod after they annexed the hordes together. Haven't seen that before.
    - Hansa being vassalized by the GB and in general GB messing around with them first as allies and then enemies.
    - I decided to not become the HRE but I think I should have started by vassalizing a couple electors.

It's a very tedious experience and the end effect is not really strong strategically having weak borders on all frontiers and antagonized all neighbours. The whole idea of conquering everything around the Baltics was silly. ;-) I think Sweden shouldn't be played like this at all.

Now, any tips for Norwegian wood?
    Break the PU as soon as possible without warring Denmark, then beat up anyone with naval supplies. Don't be afraid to use mil access for provinces nowhere near you. It's not actually that hard - I got it in around 1430.

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVWar of the Vikings

Well, i am really fucked in my game as Poland. I am teching so fast with oriental tech that i cant westernize! NONE of my neighbours got more than 20 techs than me! I even thought of annexing a minor close to any dutch AI, but even Holand does not beat me in terms of technology!
    "If a man does not strike first, he will be the first struck" - Athenogoras of Syracuse
    "Force is the most effective and efficient means to do something and the virtuous prince will employ its leverage." - Machiavelli
    "Men should either be treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injures - for heavy ones they cannot" - Machiavelli
    "It is best to be both feared and loved, however, if one cannot be both it is better to be feared than loved." - Machiavelli
    "A prince must be a lion, but he must also know how to play the fox." - Machiavelli
    "I'm the lord of lords, not the server of servants." - João II of Portugal

Second Lieutenant Gen. Andersen's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I have been thinking a bit about the Poland into space achievement. I don't have DW yet, but wouldn't it be a good strategy to sell your poor provinces and maybe even become a OPM? It would making gaining tech's easier, but put you in a vulnerable position, if you don't have an army of vassals to protect you from annexation and wars in general.

Your best bet would probably to conquer Treviso next to Venice, since it is outside the HRE? That way you can fall behind, westernize, gain vassals, sell territory and start tech'ing as fast as possible!

BurningEGO: Westernize *then* hypertech. I made that mistake too, but was big enough at that point that I could just abandon CoTs and fall behind. If I were to do it again I'd do innovative/centralised before free trade.

Gen. Andersen: I tried that exact strategy. Joined the HRE too for the tech boost.

I wound up with all techs at level 71, halfway to 72. I did misplay a couple things - forgot about "Formalize scales, weights, and measures" until late-game, had more years than I should have without LEF. So it might be possible, despite my failing at it.

Blog Entries
    It's way better to stay a medium in DW with how SoIs and magistrates work. Also, you need to be summarised 25 techs behind to westernize (so 5 behind in each for example). This means you need to make a push in the 1400s to secure more land (Teuton lands, Crimea, Silesia, Pommerania...), core it by 1500 and at the same time keep moving Centralisation and Free Trade. Patron will deal with Innovative and in mid 1500s you can westernize and start trading for real. Soon cash will be flowing at an insane rate, especially if you ensure global presence to have best CoTs in range.

I've played a couple of games like that in HttT and it's not that hard really. At least not after you get a bunch of vassals to wall yourelf from danger. Egalite is one thing, another is to stop minting entirely for most of the game.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "How SoIs and magistrates work". Do SoIs give a tech boost or something now, or do you just mean the buildings which add to trade income/efficiency?

Second Lieutenant Gen. Andersen's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I am not sure what you mean with magistrates and SOIs. I understand that a lack of magistrates will severely hurt your economy. However expanding in your immediate area seems not to be the best idea with Poland. Sure, it is easier in terms of transportation and warfare, but the area is not really rich in general. If size is important, wouldn't it be better to capture Flanders/Dutch territory.

Going free trade and gaining COTs for monopolies is a no-brainer. Not minting at all might not be the best strategy, but that depends whether or not it is money or magistrates that will be your bottleneck in terms of buying buildings/province decisions. These province improvements might be worth the money.
    Also.. as a minor nation, you will also save a great deal of cash on army (less minting).

Blog Entries
    Bigger country -> bigger and more stable SoI -> more magistrates -> more trade buildings -> more trade eff. and income bonuses.

20 cored provinces with maxed trade = +20% trade eff. and income. If you want to reach tech 72 with a country which doesn't start in the Netherlands, I doubt there's another way, even with Egalite, Liberte, Fraternite.

Second Lieutenant King_Nothing-'s Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

am i the only one who thinks its very stupid that its possible to get achivements on easy/very easy, with no inflation etc?

You can also try to vassalize the world as poland... it may not be that much income from vassals, but it doesn't effect tech cost ... keep rich cot's and let your vassals do the rest ... but there is still the problem of cot spamming, it annoyed me in every trade-heavy game

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast