• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's pretty crappy that achievements are disabled if you choose to play a revolter or released nation... *sigh*

Playing Cherokee gives me mixed feelings. In a way, I would want the Europeans to show up as quickly as possible so that I can westernise and catch up with tech, but in a way, I hope that they would appear as late as possible (late 1600s would be the perfect date), then I would westernise and wouldn't have to worry about surviving. But since Portugal is already colonizing Massachusetts, I think they'll be here soon. I have all my provinces fortified, and I just annexed Shawnee to fortify that place too.

E: Finally my 3 ADM ruler died. Now I have a proper 6-ADM ruler. Now I just need the Europeans.

Last edited:
Fail. You need 7 ADM to reform government and reform military. I'd re-roll if I were you. Now or on the next monarch. For military you also need full centralisation (but the decision will move you back to admin republic's -3 so no bad events or overextensions will come from this).

Finally Portugal colonised Santee in 1543. Now I'm in muslim tech group and only a few months later Brittany declared war on me.
Does AI get naval attrition, or are they still cheating with that?

AFRICAN POWA BABY!

Goddamn. Had to play till 1710 this time! That crazy Mamelukian empire took me 5 imperialistic wars to finish. They had ports over all the place (and i couldnt demand cairo!)... so be my guest and try to guess what i had to do. :D

It was a wild game. Songhai was ahead of tech in all fields. That cultural idea (liberte, egalite, bleh bleh) is really good for hyperteching.

What the...
I just started the game to continue my Cherokee game, and when I logged in to Paradox Connect (to check if the savegame is fine), it says I completed "World Discoverer". What's that supposed to mean? I've only played 2 proper games: one as Spain, where I have discovered parts of India, entire Central America, Japan and Europe. Nothing else. And in the Cherokee game, I have barely discovered my surroundings.

Anyway, whatever happened, I'm now 15 PP closer to the next place in the highscores.

Also, I'm having trouble in my Creek game. No matter what I do, Brittany declares war on me and with just 4,000 soldiers, defeats my army of 24,000.

The trouble is you're playing as a coastal nation, so any European that has discovered you can and will just come in and conquer you. Huron or Iroquois would be easier.

I just got some courage and started a cherokee game.

Gonna reach land tech 3 by 1503. I supose this is the usual stuff?

Its not even 1550 and i am already fully westernized. Just need to do military/government reform. Playing as Cherokee is a joke after all.

Songhai isn't tribal I believe. That's why everyone is doing this as Songhai.

- Annex everything
- Enforce Unity on coastal provinces so they lose competition "shields"
- Release everything as vassals
- Wait till westernized and/or able to build Forts
- Prep cash, magistrates and diplo-annex.
- Immediately move armies in to secure provinces where you are building.
- Repeat

Its not even 1550 and i am already fully westernized. Just need to do military/government reform. Playing as Cherokee is a joke after all.

Yeah the Cherokee one looks the easiest of the 'hard' ones. You just need to survive the initial bump. You can secure your borders, westernise, etc, set the game to very fast and afk.

Sure it's touch and go for 20 years but it's no Ryuku WC :)

Yeah the Cherokee one looks the easiest of the 'hard' ones. You just need to survive the initial bump. You can secure your borders, westernise, etc, set the game to very fast and afk.

Sure it's touch and go for 20 years but it's no Ryuku WC :)

You can't *actually* AFK 'cause you're still pagan, and countries will declare on you even when your army is larger. Spain actually gave me a fright at one point (although I stopped it before it could get anywhere), but the others were a sad joke.

i think paradox should give a life-time of acces to any paradox games to the one that can first prove that he conquered the world as ryuku whitout cheating

I must at least try :D so far I've accrued over 100 ducats and have 5 merchants in every trade center besides Malacca. Playing as Ryukyu is surprisingly fun.

I played with Songhai like this:

1º recruited about 3k men
2º hired 2 mercs
3º waited for mali to have problem with rebels (this should happen in the first or second year of gameplay)
4º attacked mali
5º while mali is busy fighting the rebels in a huge battle, i took all the provinces
6º demanded about 4-5 provinces (one was still owned by rebels so i couldnt annex)
7º quickly attacked hausa and bornu
8º rebels were messing around but they werent a problem as long as they dont own the province for a long period of time
9º go for mali again and annex the bastards
10º then you play like till 1470 killing only rebels (shouldnt be hard with the amount of men you are able to field - i had 2 regiments of 10k each all the time)
11º go for oyo and benin afterwards (the separate tribesmen to the south)

I didnt waste magistrates in order to get rid of enemy cores. Its useless. I wasted it on countless temples, forts and armouries. Before that, i used them to get higher cultural points for better advisors. After forts were built, i started converting. Castile or Portugal gets an early settlement nearby by 1500 so by 1550 you should be fully westernized and with european units before anyone even attacks you.

Remember to pick colonial ventures... you need it to colonize the coast in order to avoid silly europeans. Its probably good to get it by gov 9 or gov 11. But not before. Just dont overdo colonization - those provinces are piss poor and worthless, and if you overdo colonization you might face an early overextension or it could be a burden to your economy. Personally i only go for the coast.