• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tuore

Caramelised Utopian
76 Badges
Mar 16, 2009
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Island Bound
  • 200k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
I noticed there's no such thread, and thought it would be good if there was one, so here's the megathread to EU3 achievements. Ask and discuss about anything related to achievements, be it boasting, questions, funny stuff or anything else.

I'll start by saying that the Grand Army achievements is ridiculously easy to get by starting a game as a small OPM and building one mercenary unit.

I think that the achivement ''Napoleon wasnt this good'' is almost impossible, you have to vassalize big prussia, bet it takes over 100% in warscore. you have to fight all of europe and you start whit one 46,000 army and 1 1,000 and you have to build new armies fast, also for me the NI revolution-counter revolution doesnt take away the -2 stab hit whitout casus beli

The three mountains achievement is redicoulosly hard, conquer the world as ruyku(Okinawa), I don't even know how you would do it without cheating. Also the jihad achievement is really cool,conquer Europe Africa and Asia as Najad and convert them too Sunni.

I asked this somewhere else, but If i was to turn off achievments, the right before i would get the achievment, log back on to Paradox Connect, would i still get the achievment. I ask this because achievments hurt game speed tons, but i still want them.

What would be the best nation to get the 5 monopolies achievement with? My general plan is to start very late, so I can just mint like crazy and only focus on the achievement. What nation has really good sliders/existing monopolies?

What would be the best nation to get the 5 monopolies achievement with? My general plan is to start very late, so I can just mint like crazy and only focus on the achievement. What nation has really good sliders/existing monopolies?

Probably Netherlands.

I got the achievement by starting with Holland in 1399. If you go for free trade it's quite easy to get the monopolies needed as soon as you reached the required trade tech.

I asked this somewhere else, but If i was to turn off achievments, the right before i would get the achievment, log back on to Paradox Connect, would i still get the achievment. I ask this because achievments hurt game speed tons, but i still want them.

Yes. Your game logs when you made an archievement. And when you log in, it sums up your score. However, you won't know you have done the right thing to get the archievement until you log in, because that is when you are going to get the message 'You got X archievement!', etc.

I would have hoped it was similar to Steam's system (which is actually quite decent), where the game just syncs whenever you get an internet connection again.

You wanna play netherlands or navarra :)

How would one go about getting the peace with GBR in the US War of Independence? No matter what I try, their big stack always comes from Canada and captures the valuable provinces.

Will the game count nation-specific achievements if you change country tags? For example, in my Poland game, I'm about to unite the HRE. Will the achievements still recognize that it is Poland that can into space?

I first destroyed their initial forces to the north, then split up in lots of 3000 infantry groups and took all provinces in north america. Every colony i could grab from them were taken. In the end i had taken everything before a big 50k and 25k stack landed. I was then able to negotiate a peace giving back their colonies and some ducats.
If you want to take them more headon i would imagine you need more artillery and cavalry.

Maybe they seized one of your colonies.

Yep. Oh well, got it now.
There's a nice exploit with Sem' de lis oir'. You just peace out of a war and renounce all your claims and BAM, you get it.
Now there are only the time-consuming achievements left for me. I'll install a 64-bit OS tomorrow for other reasons, I hope it fixes the lag issues I am getting (a month takes 12 seconds, while in HTTT it took 4).

Last edited:
i stopped trying to get achievements for now, well i stopped playing all together. after it corrupted my france game, says i have modified the file or that it is another users. Same happend to my Japan game and im not quite sure if it is because i load up a autosave.