• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
best/quickest way to do the roman achiev

Can anyone tell me how to get the "One league to rule them all"? I logged in at 24 members as England (I play offline), then got to 27 members by releasing vassals and having them join, still hasn't fired. What am I doing wrong? Do vassals count?
I just restarted and tried kicking out a member to go to 23, then back up to 26, nothing.
I have quit and restarted, relogged, let a couple of months pass, nada. I can't figure it out.
I won't be able to sustain it for very long, a lot of them are from peace deals from my last war with Genoa, and they're gonna leave pretty fast...

Can anyone tell me how to get the "One league to rule them all"? I logged in at 24 members as England (I play offline), then got to 27 members by releasing vassals and having them join, still hasn't fired. What am I doing wrong? Do vassals count?
I just restarted and tried kicking out a member to go to 23, then back up to 26, nothing.
I have quit and restarted, relogged, let a couple of months pass, nada. I can't figure it out.
I won't be able to sustain it for very long, a lot of them are from peace deals from my last war with Genoa, and they're gonna leave pretty fast...

One League to rule them all - Get 25 members in your trade league.
Code:
#'One League to rule them all.' - Get 25 members in your trade league.
ONE_LEAGUE = 
{
	possible = {
		government = merchant_republic
		NOT = { num_of_league_members = 25 }
	}

happened = {
		num_of_league_members = 25
	}
}
Probably easiest to do as Hansa or another league that already have a few members. I guess you need to be the actual leader of the league so England would be tricky. Unless you became a merchant republic (which is also a requirement for the achievement).

I am the leader of my Merchant Republic as England. I built it mostly by conquering all the french provinces, releasing them and having them join "MY" Trade League. Wasn'T that hard, but didn't work, and I don't know why. Is there some hidden setting that states you have to start in 1399 with a Merchant Republic?

I was going great with the African unification one, managed to westernise with mali in the late 1500s, however i didnt get a 7 admin leader till 100 years later which has pretty much killed any attempt to westernise my army in time to start attacking and gaining the rest of africa (which of course, Castille owns most of and just happens to be the most powerfull nation in my game)

Are achievements enabled on your save game? You can tell in the 'pick a country' screen. You don't have to start as a Merchant Republic in 1399. you don't even have to start in 1399.

Of course they are. I have 42 out of 50 achievements, not my first BBQ. And I still haven't figured out why this one won't trigger. Anyway, I have given up for now, have others to do.

Of course they are. I have 42 out of 50 achievements, not my first BBQ. And I still haven't figured out why this one won't trigger. Anyway, I have given up for now, have others to do.

If you want to make sure, just start as Venice in 1399. I got 25 members in a couple months.

of course they are. I have 42 out of 50 achievements, not my first bbq. And i still haven't figured out why this one won't trigger. Anyway, i have given up for now, have others to do.
if you want to make sure, just start as venice in 1399. I got 25 members in a couple months.
Yep, it's actually a really fast achievement to get. Like most others that aren't about conquering the world or bugged (or both). Hansa or Venice should be able to complete it really fast.

Are you sure they're still activated for the current game? Sometimes EU3 just decides you won't get any achievements on your current campaign for no reason.

The only problem I can think of then, that would break it 100% would be if the achievement conditions I posted earlier means.
Only possible whan starting out as a merchant republic AND without 25 members already.
Which isn't entirely impossible I guess. . . Seeing as the not already having 25 members should definitely be a starting condition it wouldn't be a stretch that you might also need to start out as a merchant republic. Weird, but it wouldn't be the first "feature" when it comes to the achievements.

Yeah, would be nice if the game let you know in advance. And ability to check what is missing during play would be a good improvement.

Can someone post a link to the thread where it was explained how to do the Jihad achievement? It's glitched, so you have to do something like move your capital to North America and convert to a different religion, but I don't remember the exact methodology.

One of the last few I need....

Can someone post a link to the thread where it was explained how to do the Jihad achievement? It's glitched, so you have to do something like move your capital to North America and convert to a different religion, but I don't remember the exact methodology.

One of the last few I need....

Save before doing a slider move.
Move slider to Narrowminded.
Hope that you get the event "Heresy", and it targets a province in the Americas.
Incite that province to revolt somehow.
Surrender to the religious rebels once they take a province.