+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 ... LastLast

Thread: EU3 Achievements Megathread

The Smiling Knight Boris ze Spider's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by tuore View Post
    Yep. Oh well, got it now.
    There's a nice exploit with Sem' de lis oir'. You just peace out of a war and renounce all your claims and BAM, you get it.
    Now there are only the time-consuming achievements left for me. I'll install a 64-bit OS tomorrow for other reasons, I hope it fixes the lag issues I am getting (a month takes 12 seconds, while in HTTT it took 4).
    Turn off achievments, itll make things faster.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Boris ze Spider View Post
    Turn off achievments, itll make things faster.
    I've tried it, didn't help. I've tried every solution on these forums, none make it faster (turning off ParCon makes it a second or two faster).
    1914-1964 - the Ultimate Strategy Game

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Have you seen http://connect.paradoxplaza.com/ ? It's online since today!

EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

Pigglet82 seems to be the number one, with all the achievements done. How is that possible? The second one only has 580 PP.
    His last activity was also on December 12th, before DW was released.

Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

The papal influence achievement doesn't seem to be working. In my France game I have more than 33% papal influence, but it doesn't fire.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Pigglet82 seems to be the number one, with all the achievements done. How is that possible? The second one only has 580 PP.
    Cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by ashbery76 View Post
    Cheating.
    But how?

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIRome Gold
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Obviously a hacker, the only explanation....because wc as ryuku is impossible....as long as noone cna proove they have made it

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVWar of the VikingsCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Hey, i am 3rd on achievements.

You want tips? For the monopolies, i played as Spain in order to perform multiple achievements.

As Spain you can unlock a shitload of achievements.

If you get elected HRE, you get one. If you discover america before anyone else, you get another. If you colonize all of the caribean, you get another. If you conquer Mexico and the Incas, another one.

Then i went on and conquered Indian COTs. That gave me another achievement. With all the COTs i had, i could get easy monopolies and that gave me an achievement as well. I also explored the entire world (which gives you an achievement), and am close to obtain a core in america and asia, which gives me yet another achievement.

So, yeah, play Spain.

EDITED: I forgot that after colonizing so much territory in america also makes you the trade leader of a shitload of goods easily!
    Last edited by BurningEGO; 20-12-2010 at 18:31.
    "If a man does not strike first, he will be the first struck" - Athenogoras of Syracuse
    "Force is the most effective and efficient means to do something and the virtuous prince will employ its leverage." - Machiavelli
    "Men should either be treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injures - for heavy ones they cannot" - Machiavelli
    "It is best to be both feared and loved, however, if one cannot be both it is better to be feared than loved." - Machiavelli
    "A prince must be a lion, but he must also know how to play the fox." - Machiavelli
    "I'm the lord of lords, not the server of servants." - Joo II of Portugal

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVWar of the VikingsCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Derahan View Post
    I think that the achivement ''Napoleon wasnt this good'' is almost impossible, you have to vassalize big prussia, bet it takes over 100% in warscore. you have to fight all of europe and you start whit one 46,000 army and 1 1,000 and you have to build new armies fast, also for me the NI revolution-counter revolution doesnt take away the -2 stab hit whitout casus beli
    Its very easy. Just muster a lot of men, and go for the capitals of the electors and of the emperor. Its what i did. There is also one elector that will basically invite a lot of people you need to take care of. I believe it was Cologne.

You dont need to vassalize anyone - all you need to do is to take the capitals.
    "If a man does not strike first, he will be the first struck" - Athenogoras of Syracuse
    "Force is the most effective and efficient means to do something and the virtuous prince will employ its leverage." - Machiavelli
    "Men should either be treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injures - for heavy ones they cannot" - Machiavelli
    "It is best to be both feared and loved, however, if one cannot be both it is better to be feared than loved." - Machiavelli
    "A prince must be a lion, but he must also know how to play the fox." - Machiavelli

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ashbery76 View Post
    Cheating.
    Testing?

Quote Originally Posted by BurningEGO View Post
    Its very easy. Just muster a lot of men, and go for the capitals of the electors and of the emperor. Its what i did. There is also one elector that will basically invite a lot of people you need to take care of. I believe it was Cologne.

You dont need to vassalize anyone - all you need to do is to take the capitals.
    How about the CBs?

Also, I would get a lot of achievements as Castille/Spain, but since the game runs like HTTT on speed 3, I simply can't play for so long. I wish they released that patch or some fix...

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Europa Universalis: Rome500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    But how?
    Someway he must have hacked PI, but that would be almost impossible? And look, he got almost all achivements in two seconds!

I hate hackers.
    Getting back from EUIII is hard.
    __________________________________________________ _______

Paradox QA Paradox Dev Team ForzaA's Avatar
    200k club500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luitzen View Post
    The papal influence achievement doesn't seem to be working. In my France game I have more than 33% papal influence, but it doesn't fire.
    hmm, odd, it did work fine for me..

Quote Originally Posted by BurningEGO View Post
    Hey, i am 3rd on achievements.

You want tips? For the monopolies, i played as Spain in order to perform multiple achievements.
    France is also a pretty good candidate for a number of achievements
    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan100 View Post
    Someway he must have hacked PI, but that would be almost impossible? And look, he got almost all achivements in two seconds!

I hate hackers.

Now, who could possibly have had access to DW before release AND have a reason to get all the achievements?
    Error in war on error on line 1.

Blog Entries
    I was hoping that you would be able to see how many people have completed an achievement on Connect (like you can on Steam)

Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

For the conquer India mission, you don't actually need to be a European nation. It also fires for Hindustan and is rather easy because of that.

How about the CBs?

Also, I would get a lot of achievements as Castille/Spain, but since the game runs like HTTT on speed 3, I simply can't play for so long. I wish they released that patch or some fix...
    As i said, you need to use the cascading alliance effect.

DOWing Saxony for example, will bring in the UK. The UK is defender of the protestant faith and Saxony is protestant. Bringing UK into conflict with France, will mean that the UK will also invite Hannover (vassal) and Prussia (ally).

That reduces the amount of electors you have to beat to 4. Most of the times, there is also a close connection between the other electors - they are often allied or guaranteeing the independence of some crap minor or of each other.

For example, i remember that in one of my tries, Cologne was guaranteeing the independence of Achen, and Achen is a republic and thus an ideological enemy of France, which means you wont pay a single stability hit for the DOW. And in that game, Trier was an ally of Cologne, so apart from DOWing Achen, Bavaria and Saxony, i didnt need to attack anyone else.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLegioLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

How about the CBs?

change the government. If you change to a the lowest on the list (think its a something republic) you go to -3stab however use 1year to build 3xinf in very province and regain the 1stab then you can DoW away as all the electors are kingdoms and you have a free DoW on other government forms. Vassalising Mainz and Cleves is also a good idea that way you do not have to think about their capitals anymore.

Slacker Extraordinaire Zzzzz...'s Avatar
    67 games registered

If the place is comfy to sleep in, yes, you can find me there!
    I got the For Liberty achievement. That's all I can brag for now the others are the normal 5 point achievements
    The list of all my AARs: INKWELL

Current AAR: Golden Sun - A KR Kurdistan AAR - Darkest Hour
    The Policies of Grandeur - Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Poh View Post
    change the government. If you change to a the lowest on the list (think its a something republic) you go to -3stab however use 1year to build 3xinf in very province and regain the 1stab then you can DoW away as all the electors are kingdoms and you have a free DoW on other government forms. Vassalising Mainz and Cleves is also a good idea that way you do not have to think about their capitals anymore.
    I guess I'll DoW the Emperor's capital on day 1 (to avoid alliances), switch government and while waiting for stab, occupy Tuscany's capital and build troops.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 ... LastLast