+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast

Thread: EU3 Achievements Megathread

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

EU3 Achievements Megathread

I noticed there's no such thread, and thought it would be good if there was one, so here's the megathread to EU3 achievements. Ask and discuss about anything related to achievements, be it boasting, questions, funny stuff or anything else.

I'll start by saying that the Grand Army achievements is ridiculously easy to get by starting a game as a small OPM and building one mercenary unit.
    1914-1964 - the Ultimate Strategy Game

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIRome Gold
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I think that the achivement ''Napoleon wasnt this good'' is almost impossible, you have to vassalize big prussia, bet it takes over 100% in warscore. you have to fight all of europe and you start whit one 46,000 army and 1 1,000 and you have to build new armies fast, also for me the NI revolution-counter revolution doesnt take away the -2 stab hit whitout casus beli

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The three mountains achievement is redicoulosly hard, conquer the world as ruyku(Okinawa), I don't even know how you would do it without cheating. Also the jihad achievement is really cool,conquer Europe Africa and Asia as Najad and convert them too Sunni.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

the three mountains is basically a world conversion , starting with a hard nation
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIRome Gold
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

i think paradox should give a life-time of acces to any paradox games to the one that can first prove that he conquered the world as ryuku whitout cheating

The Smiling Knight Boris ze Spider's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I asked this somewhere else, but If i was to turn off achievments, the right before i would get the achievment, log back on to Paradox Connect, would i still get the achievment. I ask this because achievments hurt game speed tons, but i still want them.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

What would be the best nation to get the 5 monopolies achievement with? My general plan is to start very late, so I can just mint like crazy and only focus on the achievement. What nation has really good sliders/existing monopolies?

The Smiling Knight Boris ze Spider's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by tuore View Post
    What would be the best nation to get the 5 monopolies achievement with? My general plan is to start very late, so I can just mint like crazy and only focus on the achievement. What nation has really good sliders/existing monopolies?
    Probably Netherlands.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I got the achievement by starting with Holland in 1399. If you go for free trade it's quite easy to get the monopolies needed as soon as you reached the required trade tech.

For The Glory

Quote Originally Posted by Boris ze Spider View Post
    I asked this somewhere else, but If i was to turn off achievments, the right before i would get the achievment, log back on to Paradox Connect, would i still get the achievment. I ask this because achievments hurt game speed tons, but i still want them.
    Yes. Your game logs when you made an archievement. And when you log in, it sums up your score. However, you won't know you have done the right thing to get the archievement until you log in, because that is when you are going to get the message 'You got X archievement!', etc.

I would have hoped it was similar to Steam's system (which is actually quite decent), where the game just syncs whenever you get an internet connection again.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

You wanna play netherlands or navarra
    Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. - Murphy's law

The Dream of Dumbarton Watch the rebirth of Strathclyde in my first AAR!

Best Character Writer of the Week: 3/2/13 Fan of the week: 1/6/13

"Fear not what will be, fear what has already come to pass"

Quote Originally Posted by A_Dane View Post
    You wanna play netherlands or navarra
    Played Netherlands, got the achievement.

How would one go about getting the peace with GBR in the US War of Independence? No matter what I try, their big stack always comes from Canada and captures the valuable provinces.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Will the game count nation-specific achievements if you change country tags? For example, in my Poland game, I'm about to unite the HRE. Will the achievements still recognize that it is Poland that can into space?
    Look! It's my new signature!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLegioLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I first destroyed their initial forces to the north, then split up in lots of 3000 infantry groups and took all provinces in north america. Every colony i could grab from them were taken. In the end i had taken everything before a big 50k and 25k stack landed. I was then able to negotiate a peace giving back their colonies and some ducats.
    If you want to take them more headon i would imagine you need more artillery and cavalry.

200k clubA Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and Gold
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2Pirates of Black Cove
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
    Will the game count nation-specific achievements if you change country tags? For example, in my Poland game, I'm about to unite the HRE. Will the achievements still recognize that it is Poland that can into space?
    Afaik, yes. The achievement checks to see who you started as.

Why didn't I get the achievement when I peaced out with the Great Britain by paying them 500 ducats?

Why didn't I get the achievement when I peaced out with the Great Britain by paying them 500 ducats?
    Maybe they seized one of your colonies.

Quote Originally Posted by no7892142 View Post
    Maybe they seized one of your colonies.
    Yep. Oh well, got it now.
    There's a nice exploit with Sem' de lis oir'. You just peace out of a war and renounce all your claims and BAM, you get it.
    Now there are only the time-consuming achievements left for me. I'll install a 64-bit OS tomorrow for other reasons, I hope it fixes the lag issues I am getting (a month takes 12 seconds, while in HTTT it took 4).
    Last edited by tuore; 19-12-2010 at 19:42.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLegioLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

i stopped trying to get achievements for now, well i stopped playing all together. after it corrupted my france game, says i have modified the file or that it is another users. Same happend to my Japan game and im not quite sure if it is because i load up a autosave.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast