• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tuore

Caramelised Utopian
76 Badges
Mar 16, 2009
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Island Bound
  • 200k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Today I made some calculations and gave it a thought, and came to the conclusion that a WC with Ryukyu is impossible.

Have a look at my Ryukyu HTTT AAR: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...re-Not-Gonna-Get-Us-Again!-Another-Ryukyu-AAR

There I got incredibly lucky with the start, horribly exploited game mechanics and even with that, still had a hard time surviving (I ended it when school became too troublesome). I had an army of, what, 3000-5000 men in the end? Most wars will have to be fought by your vassals, since you can't field a proper army and have no cores (thus getting rebels which you can't fight, so your allies will have to do the job).

That said, the proper game (after the surviving period), starts when you get your first core province somewhere else. That's already -50 years from the time you have for a WC. Ryukyu's sliders are also horrible IIRC, so getting ready for westernising will take a lot of time. And in addition, the Europeans take hundreds of years to arrive to the Far East, so you have to fight your way to them.

There is only really one way to make a WC: Vassalise everyone and abuse the current "always accepts annexation" bug. You'll face rebellions, but you'll expand. If you're mega-lucky, you'll make a WC before you collapse. I bet that not even Prawnstar, the one who nearly conquered the world with natives in IN, can't do it.

I end my report with the conclusion that making a WC is an impossibility with Ryukyu. I have a small hope that someone finds a hole in my report that allows a WC, but it's not looking good.

The achievements in overall aren't designed that good. 20 points for World Conquest with any nation. And 20 points for uniting Japan as a daimyo? Really?

The WC will be a possibility after a few patches probably. Getting all the achievements on vanilla 5.0, now that's something I'd call hard and/or impossible.

I think it'd be possible if you did the usual OPM-collapse-turn-another religion trick and then flukily inherited Ming or another large country. You can't possibly plan for that, of course (beyond the first part), but then you just need to wait 50 years for your cores whilst stomping rebels (what happens if you inherit Japan in DW?) and you're in an excellent position to start conquering. Basically you need that sort of massive powerbase to handle the fact you can't really wait for cores anywhere else, and you can't conquer Ming even if you happen to get the chance to nab a huge chunk due to a collapse because you can't handle BB wars. I think a lucky inheritance is your only reasonable opportunity to expand quickly enough early on (inheriting Ming, at least once the horde bug is fixed, will also give you access to much-needed colonists).

Having experienced about 30 years worth of superbadboy events as Japan, I'd say it's possible for an empire with enough momentum to survive them (basically if you're huge and Westernised by 1600-1650 you can just ignore badboy from then on in). It will be increasingly tedious, you'll need to devote most resources to keeping RR down and probably there'll be a few countries that break loose before you can spare the forces to put down rebellions (but then you can annex them no matter what their size in one war, albeit at the cost of losing unfinished core progress), but with enough careful micromanagement and juggling your wars it's probably possible. I can't see it as being very fun, admittedly, but then something that logic-defying is only fun as an achievement. :)

Can't see how you'd do it without a gamey changing of religion or a lucky inheritance, though. I can see a legit conquering of much of Asia by game end with enough strategy and a good dash of luck, but the whole world? Not without another turboannex trick, I think.

They should change it to China and Japan conquest.

Why do you need a core somewhere else? Couldn't you just recruit local troops? I don't understand the 50-year delay.

It might be impossible. I suspect that with the 70 extra provinces and high infamy stab hits any WC is impossible, although I don't know for sure and have no experience at a successful one to begin with.

Why do you need a core somewhere else? Couldn't you just recruit local troops? I don't understand the 50-year delay.

It might be impossible. I suspect that with the 70 extra provinces and high infamy stab hits any WC is impossible, although I don't know for sure and have no experience at a successful one to begin with.

Your income will be less than 5 ducats a year and your forcelimit will be 3 or less. You can't conquer anything. You need cores.
A regular WC isn't impossible, you can stay under the BB limit as, say, France.

I shall try once more, and come back crying.
Paradox just made this achievement to piss off proper eu3 players. And I love it. :cool:
Must... do... a... WC... with... Ruykyu...

Try with Very Easy settings.

very easy, no inflation, no lucky nations... anything is possible.

so far I am so far... hard when easy. :p
EU3_2-1.jpg

Wasn't there a guy that almost did a WC as Rev. France in the Napoleonic wars scenario in HTTT? Who didn't manage to complete it only because he didn't have enough diplomats? Yeah I'd say that with 400 years of gameplay Ryukyu can do a WC. Especially since it doesn't have special mechanics slowing it down like China does.

Wasn't there a guy that almost did a WC as Rev. France in the Napoleonic wars scenario in HTTT? Who didn't manage to complete it only because he didn't have enough diplomats? Yeah I'd say that with 400 years of gameplay Ryukyu can do a WC. Especially since it doesn't have special mechanics slowing it down like China does.

France can field an army stronger than anyone else in Europe... Ryukyu is pagan and can field about 2 regiments. France also has neighbors that are weak in the beginning, unlike Ryukyu, who starts with Ming, Manchu, Korea and Japan hungry nearby.
E: And the author of that AAR said that with the new infamy rules from the beta patch (which are also in DW), his accomplishment can no longer be done.

Interesting discussion, I'm inclined to trust your judgement tuore - then again in IN I can't get Ryukyu beyond about 15 years without being annexed LOL

Rebels and instability are not fun but they are manageable - look at the last Tribal Crisis I had in my current IN AAR - 2 million rebels in 2 years.

How is World Conquest defined? Literally wiping out every other nation?

Rebels and instability are not fun but they are manageable - look at the last Tribal Crisis I had in my current IN AAR - 2 million rebels in 2 years.

But when you have no cores and can field an army of less than 5 units - the rebellion will kill you. Golden Horde can field an army that can beat the rebels, but Ryukyu can't.

How is World Conquest defined? Literally wiping out every other nation?

Yes. When you open your ledger about other nations. No nations except yours should be listed.