• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 8: And so; Svip wept

ULM.png

(And so this update will be presented in Comic form in honor of Svip)

(Real text update will come soon)

Damn you and your low resolution!

Chapter 9: Transference into an Empire

(Well this AAR is almost at a close. It was good while it lasted and the last post will have a special preview)

As the years move on in Salzburg the people grow weary. They are slaves to the pope and feel that wealth only belongs to those whom are found 'worthy' of ecclesiastical positions. The Archbishop hears this and agrees with their pleas; the Cardinals that surround him are corrupt and heinous in their sins most foul (always wanted to say that). So on a bright September morning he began a speech that would soon go down in history as the single most strangest thing a German Archbishopric has done.
He steps up to his pedestal: he was wearing simple clothing, and carrying a simple staff. But this young man could pull it off, for he had already become accustomed to his position as a leader. Despite him being used to standing in front of large crowds and bellowing out in his late-pubescent voice (that seemed to crack on occasion) he was expectantly nervous for his announcement. The Young Archbishop (nicknamed "The Growing Skink" by rival nation's ruling parties) took a deep breath, exhaled and began his address, "Dear people! I, the Archbishop of this nation have an announcement." The Crowd drew quiet as he continued, "This nation is rife with corruption in our leading government! So I have routed out the problem efficiently and with due haste." A mild cheer broke out in the crowd. "I have not made the same mistakes as my predecessors and I plan to keep it that way, So I have decided we shall ascend from the shackles of our Archbishopric." He signals the Army to stand more alert to the crow in preperation for his announcement, "From now on we shall be known as the Kingdom of Salzburg." An resounding cheer broke out from the mob (probably an excuse to use in order to go insane and maybe damage a few things while they were at it) and to the surprise of the Archbisho- no the King they began to belt out the names of their provinces of origin. But one problem still remained: Whom will succeed the kingdom when the current ruler dies?

EU3_21.jpg

But unfortunately not all news was as great. Kingdoms up north had begun to convert to the heretical religions. Mecklenburg and Scotland were the first; they had each turned to Reformed and Protestantism disrespectfully. It is in full view what we must do; but they have allies and we are not ready to forcefully bring them back to the light of god. So Salzburg shall wait.

EU3_24.jpg

On other religious news the Emperor of Austria has sent the King two formal requests in the past year. He had refused it twice before but this new one proved that our need for independence must take priority over pride. So Ulm is handed over to Austria with an ill-gotten attempt at tricking Ulm the status of Vassal before the King would reply. It was unfortunate it had not worked out as now the Austrians almost surrounded Salzburg. But the recent French-Austrian war had brought most delightful changes. Tirol had become it's own state under the watchful eyes of France and Salzburg took this opportunity to it's fullest advantage. Relations were immediately raised via gifts to the king in order to secure it's flank. The two nations obviously find kinship in that they were both freed from bondage by brave soldiers.

EU3_26.jpg

Chapter 10: Corrupt Save and Aftermath

So on February 19th 2011 at 12:35PM my save file for Salzburg became corrupted.
That means that I shall provide this last update in a completely OOC format.
For this is truly the end.

EU3_24-1.jpg

Surprised? I was planning on continuing this AAR after the end of the contest but since I can't now I'll just show off my kick ass empire pic.

Basically I took a note from the book of Svip and Spammed Pretender rebels EVERYWHERE!!! it took about a year or so of Minting and my inflation is through the roof but still I did it.

After the Pretenders seized the countries to me I released them all except for my Salzburg and Augsburg. I did get warred by Bohemia but I quickly released a few vassals around him (including Bavaria) and since he couldn't get passed them because they refused access to him he quickly asked for WP....
Which I denied.
I spammed mercs and invaded Bohemia and Mazovia and quickly released them as vassals.

Unfortunately I still have some lands outside of my range of side (since the rebels took them for me after my conquest) so I don't know how large my empire is. But I still have contact with Asia considering how a bunch of lands my vassals never had cores on.

mass.jpg

SHEPARD IS NOT AMUSED AT CORRUPTED FILE

Anyways I've been looking into my savegame error through an editor and it turns out that some kind of Error embedded in the scripts. So I have no Idea how to fix it. Basically I crash whenever I start.

But eventually I was planning on invading China and India but it seems I'll never achieve that feat.

So without delay.

THE END

Well since this was my first AAR I hate it. So Once the competition is finished I will start up a HOI2 Mod AAR.

I'm not gonna get you guys to vote but I would like a few names of some good Mods to do it with.

I have MDS, the Fallout Mod, and KR

Good New Everyone!

I have a new AAR up! It's a Kaiserreich one about the Japanese puppet state of Fengtien.

Link is in my Signature.