• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

El Dingo Grande

Second Lieutenant
8 Badges
Jun 24, 2004
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
So, I had this event pop up where the Emperor was telling me, hey bud, how bout you give me that land you took. Of course I promptly tell him no, and find I lose stability. I'm not sure why I, as a foreign power, have to give anything to him or suffer a stability hit. If its such a big deal to retain the borders of the HRE, then have him bring his armies and take those lands if he wants. Also, if this is a repeating event, it should really be changed. Its amazing to me how uniting Germany gets progressively harder with every patch-expansion. Its near impossible now without a huge amount of luck and many many many years of waiting.

How many years did it take in real life? Didn't Charlemagne's father make a start on the process, back in the seventh century?

Just live with it: if youre not a HRE member and you really want that province, the cost is 4 badboy (-modified cb%) and -1 stability hit. -1 stab hit is not really that much.

Try Magna Mundi. ;)