+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: DW First Impressions.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    But of course!
    Good, I wouldn't otherwise buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    Yes, check Darkrenown's dev aar for a screenie!

EDIT: ultra-emu'd, but I still gave more information!
    I found it in Captain Gars Novgorod AAR.

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    Isn't there a tooltip?
    what tooltip? :\

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by esk1m0 View Post
    Good, I wouldn't otherwise buy it.

I found it in Captain Gars Novgorod AAR.
    Dammit!
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Blog Entries
    Quick question: How do I take land from the horde? Manchu just grabbed the entirety of the hordes to my north, playing as Ming, but I could not demand any provinces from the hordes in my two wars against them...
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

For my 700th post, I would like to say...."Brilliant improvements overall and well worth the wait"

Crusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
    Quick question: How do I take land from the horde? Manchu just grabbed the entirety of the hordes to my north, playing as Ming, but I could not demand any provinces from the hordes in my two wars against them...
    It's a bug. The AI can take provinces from the horde where you have to colonize them.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Al. I. Cuza View Post
    It's a bug. The AI can take provinces from the horde where you have to colonize them.
    Bugger. And I can't fix it myself anymore, since that will turn off the achivements. I really don't like their implementation...
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Normally I dont`t whine about the Balkans or any strangely drawn provinces, but the new Croatia is even worse than the version in vanilla EU2...
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

First Lieutenant
    Crusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Normal agressivity is more agressive than previously,
    playing castilla et being excommuniated, France, then Portugal declare war to me.... aaaargh.
    When I took a country from HRE, I got a "nice" diplomatic message from the emperor, asking me if I would be nice to give them that territoriy back... or they would have a casus belli against me...

Buildings are more difficult to build

But the graphisme is nice, I like Swiss with more provinces, and Bohemia with two italians provinces.
    I play EUIII-Divine Wind, Victoria II, HoI3, East India Company, Crusader Kings, Rome
    Once, Navarra had more provinces in Africa than in Europa
    Once, Ottomans was master of Europa
    Once Portugal was a reformed theocracy
    Sorry if I make mistakes in English, it is not my mothertongue

First game as Venice:

First impression: all the promised features are there, nice. Map's a bit funky, what with Croatia, Portugal and Ireland all needing a fix.

Second impression: Why are there so many huge wars going on in Europe, and why is Austria getting free provinces that aren't being released?

Third impression: Nations are blobbing out of control. Golden Horde is holding its own and making life tough on Aragon(!) in Kaffa; not sure how Genoa's supposed to deal with the Horde. Still big wars going on; I think I'm going to restart this on low aggression or things are going to spiral into WWI before 1600.

EDIT: Oh, and THANK YOU Paradox for the new Terra Incognita look.
    Last edited by Aulus; 14-12-2010 at 20:03.
    1 Clerk............................................. ........................1 Angestellte
    Nationality/Culture: Yankee /
    North German...............Nationalität/Kultur: Yankee-Amerikanisch / Norddeutsch
    Religion: Orthodox.......................................... ..........Religion: Orthodox
    Ideology: Reactionary....................................... ........Ideologie: Reaktionär
    Issues: Protectionism (Mercantilism), Pluralism.............Probleme: Protektionismus (Merkantilismus), Pluralismus
    Current Work: Student (Germanistik / Linguistics)......Arbeit: Student (Germanistik / Allgemeine Sprachwissenschaft)
    Cash Reserves: Low, but steady..................................Geldreserv en: Niedrig
    Revolt Risk: 7.5%.............................................. ........Revoltenrisiko: 7,5%
    Militancy: 3.00 (-.01).............................................. ....Militanz:
    3,00 (-,01)
    Consciousness: 7.00 (+.02).........................................Bew ußtsein: 7,00 (+,02)

First Lieutenant
    Crusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
    Bugger. And I can't fix it myself anymore, since that will turn off the achivements. I really don't like their implementation...
    Even without fixing, achievements refuse to open, saying that something was changed... maybe the rest of the beta patch for HTTT?
    I play EUIII-Divine Wind, Victoria II, HoI3, East India Company, Crusader Kings, Rome
    Once, Navarra had more provinces in Africa than in Europa
    Once, Ottomans was master of Europa
    Once Portugal was a reformed theocracy
    Sorry if I make mistakes in English, it is not my mothertongue

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

My first impression after looking at the map was : My panda eyes wont disappear soon :P

The game is now alot better ! the AI now tries to save its armies which is simply amazing !

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

I like the new addtions.

What changed with the HRE? The Emperor seems to be eating up all the OPMs.

Quote Originally Posted by James The 1st View Post
    What changed with the HRE? The Emperor seems to be eating up all the OPMs.
    My understanding from reading other threads is that unlawful territory can be demanded by the Emperor, and anyone who refuses gets hit with -1 Stability. I really think that should be changed to either go into the Demesne (MM solution) or just be released outright as a free principality. Higher Authority is more than enough reward for the Emperor without new territory or a new vassal on top of it.
    1 Clerk............................................. ........................1 Angestellte
    Nationality/Culture: Yankee /
    North German...............Nationalität/Kultur: Yankee-Amerikanisch / Norddeutsch
    Religion: Orthodox.......................................... ..........Religion: Orthodox
    Ideology: Reactionary....................................... ........Ideologie: Reaktionär
    Issues: Protectionism (Mercantilism), Pluralism.............Probleme: Protektionismus (Merkantilismus), Pluralismus
    Current Work: Student (Germanistik / Linguistics)......Arbeit: Student (Germanistik / Allgemeine Sprachwissenschaft)
    Cash Reserves: Low, but steady..................................Geldreserv en: Niedrig
    Revolt Risk: 7.5%.............................................. ........Revoltenrisiko: 7,5%
    Militancy: 3.00 (-.01).............................................. ....Militanz:
    3,00 (-,01)
    Consciousness: 7.00 (+.02).........................................Bew ußtsein: 7,00 (+,02)

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Having 20000 Scots show up in 1400 when France DoW'd me (in a test game as England) was rather a rude surprise.

Too bad it didn't help them one darn bit - just took me longer. They did occupy 4 provinces before I could drive them out, though. Wow.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Aulus View Post
    My understanding from reading other threads is that unlawful territory can be demanded by the Emperor, and anyone who refuses gets hit with -1 Stability. I really think that should be changed to either go into the Demesne (MM solution) or just be released outright as a free principality. Higher Authority is more than enough reward for the Emperor without new territory or a new vassal on top of it.
    More helpfully, it should probably be returned to the previous rightful owner, which was the other, most common solution in MM. I'm very sad to see that's how the Empire works now. Basically encourages the Emperor to let others take chunks out of what it's supposed to be defending.

I heard they are increasing the population of merchants/diplomats/etc, you can have to 10. Is this true? (for those with game, or dev)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Scotland sure got tough, England is turning Yellow!

I heard they are increasing the population of merchants/diplomats/etc, you can have to 10. Is this true? (for those with game, or dev)
    They changed it to 9 for a while then put it back to 5.

Quintus Fabius Cunctator e_quality's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

Compared to HTTT the amount of manpower is stunning. In my ENG -> GBR test game, Great Britain, with National Conscripts NI had nearly 100k manpower in 1600. Now that’s a lot!

Also, I counted to 28 map zoom levels while scrolling with the mouse wheel. I for sure don’t mean to complain, but, again, that’s a lot!
    "Dead battles, like dead generals, hold the military mind in their dead grip."

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    No, that change was reverted back to the old maximum of 5.
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast