+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: DW First Impressions.

The map is absolutely gorgeous, makes the game look and feel more polished than ever before.

Didn't quite get around to completely unify Japan yet, but it definitely does feel more historical now. Alliance system is of course not much of a factor in my game, so can't really say anything about that one; performance seems to be pretty much the same as ever I'd say, too.
    Would like some tweaks anyways - small ones like Settus populace, not too big ones like more sea provinces around Japan (blocking like 15 ports with 1 ship is a bit...), I'd also say the travel times need a bit of adjusting (makes the AI walk through the Tachibana islands from Settsu to Nagato, instead of just staying on the main island...) and of course more to do as Shogun...I wouldn't complain about Japan being more HRE like; maybe 8 or 10 factions or something. Though that one might just be me.

It is already an improvement, but I'd like an improved improvement some day (from what I read there seem to be enough other issues anyways...)

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Dt3r View Post
    I had a similar problem, but more amusing. England declared a crusade on the Creek... in 1399. Pretty sure no one knows the sea zones to get there..
    There's a range limit on crusade, if ENG can call a crusade on Creek in 1399 you likely need to clear your map cache.
    Relentless madman.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Jajusha View Post
    My only dislike is how easy it is to amass Cultural tradion is now. Just spam paintings, no cost besides Magistrates, and they are fairly easy to generate.
    Now? That decision hasn't changed.
    Relentless madman.

Quote Originally Posted by Checco View Post
    There is a strange behaviour I wanted to ask about: more often than not, enemy units in a war are faster than mine (even comparing same stacks types -inf, inf+cav-) even when my general has better maneouver or they lack a general whilst I have one.

This leads to the annoying feature of your killing stack moving and the cursor saying 'arriving 5 december' while after a while, the enemy small stack moves just in time to leave the spot 'on 4 december', just one day before its ultimate and well-deserved doom, and repeating it as long as they are not cornered or decide to stop.

A honest question: is this a cheat to favour AI? Because if it is, I ask anyone knowing how to disable it, it's incredibly annoying, frustrating, and useless as the AI ends losing anyway, just in a more boring time.
    No, it's just some provinces are closer to others, so while it might take 10 days to go from X to Y, it only takes 6 days to go from Y to Z.
    Relentless madman.

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    It has happened!

- March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Dt3r View Post
    I had a similar problem, but more amusing. England declared a crusade on the Creek... in 1399. Pretty sure no one knows the sea zones to get there..
    The same thing happened to me when I played as Austria.

The cascading alliance system is really annoying me now, as Sweden I declared war on Denmark who was guaranteed by Norway. Fine up to there, but after 5 months of warfare I was at war with England, Scotland, Norway, Denmark, Novgorod, Pskov, Muscowy, Lüneberg, Brunswick, Austria, Tver, Ryazan, Poland AND Pommerania.

I alt-f4 out of the game out of rage.

Seems from the comments, that it's like Vicky 2: The lag all over again. It seems to be related to graphics unfortunately. You guys can try setting it to only use core 3, or 2 on your processor, it might help.
    ...And that's why multicore support is more and more needed as paradox games move forward.

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovg View Post
    Seems from the comments, that it's like Vicky 2: The lag all over again. It seems to be related to graphics unfortunately. You guys can try setting it to only use core 3, or 2 on your processor, it might help.
    ...And that's why multicore support is more and more needed as paradox games move forward.
    Lag? I get no lag when playing.. Same speed or faster than httt.

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

83 games registered

Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    Lag? I get no lag when playing.. Same speed or faster than httt.
    I also have had no lag whatsoever. I even had to slow down from max speed since it was going to fast!

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

It's odd, DW runs so fast for me I don't really like using speed 5 anymore. I run it through the debugger to slow it down a bit.
    Relentless madman.

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrenown View Post
    It's odd, DW runs so fast for me I don't really like using speed 5 anymore. I run it through the debugger to slow it down a bit.
    *sigh* what kind of pc you have, me wants too

I got win 7 with 4 gigs of ram and quad core CPU and still its at least 20% slower than httt
    Clinically diagnosed russophile and scourge of self righteous westerners.

"Do not ask what Russia can do for you, but what you can do for Russia"

Quintus Fabius Cunctator e_quality's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Lag I have not. Paradox Connect doesn't work, perhaps due to the "_" in my user name, but no worries there, I don't care for achievments anyway. But the cascading alliance system is a bit worrying. My War of English Imperialism against Scotland found me at war with pretty much the entire HRE + Poland with vassals. And France's colonial war on Shawnee just turned into global conflict on a massive scale...
    "Dead battles, like dead generals, hold the military mind in their dead grip."

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    *sigh* what kind of pc you have, me wants too

I got win 7 with 4 gigs of ram and quad core CPU and still its at least 20% slower than httt
    My gaming pc at home is a 3 year old winxp, dual core, 2gb.. my work pc is win7, 4 gig, quad core..

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by e_quality View Post
    Lag I have not. Paradox Connect doesn't work, perhaps due to the "_" in my user name, but no worries there, I don't care for achievments anyway. But the cascading alliance system is a bit worrying. My War of English Imperialism against Scotland found me at war with pretty much the entire HRE + Poland with vassals. And France's colonial war on Shawnee just turned into global conflict on a massive scale...
    I tried a game and set the AI aggressiveness to Low and it seemed to help, or I lucked out on the alliance wars.

I have no lag or speed issues at all. It's noticably faster than HttT.

Playing as Taira. Its 1448 and I'm a good way towards unifying Japan. I think some of the Shogun decisions could use a bit more explanation in-game (the difference between the various titles, and also the icons that appear beside each Daimyo's flag in the imperial screen), but I really like the new system and it's made Japan incredibly fun to play. I'm sticking within my infamy limit but I should have it done by 1470 or so. AI does seem more aggresive but not ridiculously so.

Checking the world map on loadup I was surprised to see Scotland had conqured almost almost all of England. Delighted, but surp[rised nonetheless, but I understand this is a known issue. Ming isn't going crazy in my game as it is in some people's. There are a few unrealistic things like a dismembered Dai Viet sailing down to Malaysia to attack minors there, but all in all no huge problems.

Map is beautiful. When I saw it initially I thought "that'll be nice" but didn't realise it makes a really big difference to the game. don't think I could go back to the previous one for anything now.

If anything Id like a speed level between fastest and just one notch below now Max speed is just too fast, definitely faster than HTTT. Obviously, it slowed down on SOME rigs tho, thats strange.

Anyhow... Im fairly happy with DW overall. But there's a bunch of small issues adding up, from Ming to the HRE, that suggests it'll be a much better game after the first patch. This brings me to my question... I'm hoping that we can expect a Beta patch in the coming weeks? Early patches sure helped HTTT alot!

Im just cautiously optimistic, because I've read recently there may not be betas anymore I hope thats not true! Would definitely be great if we had a patch sometimes during the Holidays fixing the most obvious stuff... Mostly because I have you know, two weeks off to play with this baby

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alerias View Post
    If anything Id like a speed level between fastest and just one notch below now Max speed is just too fast, definitely faster than HTTT. Obviously, it slowed down on SOME rigs tho, thats strange.

Anyhow... Im fairly happy with DW overall. But there's a bunch of small issues adding up, from Ming to the HRE, that suggests it'll be a much better game after the first patch. This brings me to my question... I'm hoping that we can expect a Beta patch in the coming weeks? Early patches sure helped HTTT alot!

Im just cautiously optimistic, because I've read recently there may not be betas anymore I hope thats not true! Would definitely be great if we had a patch sometimes during the Holidays fixing the most obvious stuff... Mostly because I have you know, two weeks off to play with this baby
    Don't believe forum rumors, Johan will save us all, have faith. If you buy it a patch will come.

Quintus Fabius Cunctator e_quality's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by SAS View Post
    I tried a game and set the AI aggressiveness to Low and it seemed to help, or I lucked out on the alliance wars.
    OK, I'll try that.
    "Dead battles, like dead generals, hold the military mind in their dead grip."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast