• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SAS

20+ Years on the Forum
204 Badges
Jan 13, 2002
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Paradox Order
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • March of the Eagles
I would like to say the interface and map is a great improvement. I really like the fog of war now! I was a little uninterested in the whole connect thing but darn it if I don't keep trying to get those achievements. A big thumbs up from me :)

Post your first DW impressions

Mine:

-Lots of provinces added. Wow! Awesome!

-Map looks really cool! Troops look better!

-I am confused how the manpower buildings are supposed to be balanced.

You can get +1500 base manpower per province if you buy all the non-exclusive army buildings. That means that previously manpower-poor countries are now able to field much larger armies (think Sweden, England, Germany).

The original manpower values of the province matters much less once every province has land buildings 1-3 for +1500 base manpower per province.

And I'm not sure the conscription center makes logical sense:
One vs one the province of Finnmark in northern Norway could muster more troops with a Conscription Center than Paris Moscow or Milan without one.

Off the top of my head, instead of +250, +250, +1000, +20%, +30%, +5000(!!!) and +5forcelimits (insane numbers if you ask me) I would do something like:

+50 +5%, +50 +5%, +100 +5%, +15%, +25%, +2500

Not only more or less halve the bonuses, but don't include a base manpower increase at level 1.

Overall: very pleased, this is better than I expected. Definitely gonna have a lot of fun with this expansion, probably more than any other Paradox expansion ever.
I just hope the new magistrates/buildings system is more balanced than I realize :)

Last edited:
My first thought: Oh hey corfu is an island and not a blob! That's only because I was playing as Naples and it was close though. The graphics are definitely improved.

its so pretty
first no-mod EU thats been pretty too!
but the horde cant annex! but it can vassal? hopefully a 1 can be made into a 0 or maybe the other way around in one of those files to fix that without lose the new wonderful uniqueness of hordes.
and oh its pretty

I played for like 15 mins as Austria, then went on to moding spree!

Currently trying to move ireland apart from England, and add new provinces, but this is harder than before. :(

Cascading alliance systems are my only gripe. If you don't know what I mean you will soon.

Apart from that it's a good improvement.

(DW) Fun facts you noticed so far!

Either in game or by looking at game files, share with us stuff that you discovered that wasn't announced as far you as know! Ill be honest, I havent started playing the game yet :D

- If you dont build you unique Tax assessor in your capital, you can never take Mining Act now, and most exotic goods in common/prices still rely on Tax Assessors to build up value, meaning the max value of some tradegoods will have shrunk a bit. Probably oversights.

- Daimyos have a huge slew of events, spy missions and stuff, one of them is a religious decision to convert to Catholicism if they rule over a Catholic province! This means Japan can technically become Westernized and Catholic and Holy Roman Emperor! (Wish there was an achievement for that :rofl:

- Japan has Ninjas. They rock.

- Alot of old events and decisions have been reworked a bit. There's probably an entire patch worth of fixes to old stuff in addition to new content in the initial release.

Hm, thats it for the files.

Stuff I've noticed in-game;

- Croatia ate up Slovenia and most of Istria for breakfast. Tiny Istria is still twice as rich!

- Sadly when you zoom out even moderately, the new sprites vanish (understandable) but so does the nifty new icon underneath the armies showing how many soldiers they have. Would be nice if that was still visible even if you zoomed out further.

- Game is much prettier. The fog of war looks like cloud cover!

Ouch the Scotts are tougher.
I invaded with my 12 K army in 1399 but was sent packing by a huge army appearing from the highlands.

First impression at all: The northern Adriatic sucks lol

Second imperssion: New graphics are gorgeous

Third one: Hell, I'll spend more money on buildings than on mantainement :D

Ouch the Scotts are tougher.
I invaded with my 12 K army in 1399 but was sent packing by a huge army appearing from the highlands.

##################################################
# Some help for scotland in early game
##################################################

scottish_resistence = {
potential = {
NOT = { year = 1500 }
SCO = { exists = yes }
OR = {
tag = SCO
tag = ENG
tag = GBR
}