• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Quick question: How do I take land from the horde? Manchu just grabbed the entirety of the hordes to my north, playing as Ming, but I could not demand any provinces from the hordes in my two wars against them...

Quick question: How do I take land from the horde? Manchu just grabbed the entirety of the hordes to my north, playing as Ming, but I could not demand any provinces from the hordes in my two wars against them...

It's a bug. The AI can take provinces from the horde where you have to colonize them.

It's a bug. The AI can take provinces from the horde where you have to colonize them.

Bugger. And I can't fix it myself anymore, since that will turn off the achivements.:( I really don't like their implementation...

Normal agressivity is more agressive than previously,
playing castilla et being excommuniated, France, then Portugal declare war to me.... aaaargh.
When I took a country from HRE, I got a "nice" diplomatic message from the emperor, asking me if I would be nice to give them that territoriy back... or they would have a casus belli against me...

Buildings are more difficult to build

But the graphisme is nice, I like Swiss with more provinces, and Bohemia with two italians provinces.

First game as Venice:

First impression: all the promised features are there, nice. Map's a bit funky, what with Croatia, Portugal and Ireland all needing a fix.

Second impression: Why are there so many huge wars going on in Europe, and why is Austria getting free provinces that aren't being released?

Third impression: Nations are blobbing out of control. Golden Horde is holding its own and making life tough on Aragon(!) in Kaffa; not sure how Genoa's supposed to deal with the Horde. Still big wars going on; I think I'm going to restart this on low aggression or things are going to spiral into WWI before 1600.

EDIT: Oh, and THANK YOU Paradox for the new Terra Incognita look.

Last edited:
Bugger. And I can't fix it myself anymore, since that will turn off the achivements.:( I really don't like their implementation...
Even without fixing, achievements refuse to open, saying that something was changed... maybe the rest of the beta patch for HTTT?

What changed with the HRE? The Emperor seems to be eating up all the OPMs.

My understanding from reading other threads is that unlawful territory can be demanded by the Emperor, and anyone who refuses gets hit with -1 Stability. I really think that should be changed to either go into the Demesne (MM solution) or just be released outright as a free principality. Higher Authority is more than enough reward for the Emperor without new territory or a new vassal on top of it.

Having 20000 Scots show up in 1400 when France DoW'd me (in a test game as England) was rather a rude surprise.

Too bad it didn't help them one darn bit - just took me longer. They did occupy 4 provinces before I could drive them out, though. Wow.

My understanding from reading other threads is that unlawful territory can be demanded by the Emperor, and anyone who refuses gets hit with -1 Stability. I really think that should be changed to either go into the Demesne (MM solution) or just be released outright as a free principality. Higher Authority is more than enough reward for the Emperor without new territory or a new vassal on top of it.

More helpfully, it should probably be returned to the previous rightful owner, which was the other, most common solution in MM. I'm very sad to see that's how the Empire works now. Basically encourages the Emperor to let others take chunks out of what it's supposed to be defending.

Compared to HTTT the amount of manpower is stunning. In my ENG -> GBR test game, Great Britain, with National Conscripts NI had nearly 100k manpower in 1600. Now that’s a lot!

Also, I counted to 28 map zoom levels while scrolling with the mouse wheel. I for sure don’t mean to complain, but, again, that’s a lot! :)

I heard they are increasing the population of merchants/diplomats/etc, you can have to 10. Is this true? (for those with game, or dev)
No, that change was reverted back to the old maximum of 5.