• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Didn't quite get around to completely unify Japan yet, but it definitely does feel more historical now. Alliance system is of course not much of a factor in my game, so can't really say anything about that one; performance seems to be pretty much the same as ever I'd say, too.
Would like some tweaks anyways - small ones like Settus populace, not too big ones like more sea provinces around Japan (blocking like 15 ports with 1 ship is a bit...), I'd also say the travel times need a bit of adjusting (makes the AI walk through the Tachibana islands from Settsu to Nagato, instead of just staying on the main island...) and of course more to do as Shogun...I wouldn't complain about Japan being more HRE like; maybe 8 or 10 factions or something. Though that one might just be me.

It is already an improvement, but I'd like an improved improvement some day ;) (from what I read there seem to be enough other issues anyways...)

I had a similar problem, but more amusing. England declared a crusade on the Creek... in 1399. Pretty sure no one knows the sea zones to get there.. :rofl:

There's a range limit on crusade, if ENG can call a crusade on Creek in 1399 you likely need to clear your map cache.

There is a strange behaviour I wanted to ask about: more often than not, enemy units in a war are faster than mine (even comparing same stacks types -inf, inf+cav-) even when my general has better maneouver or they lack a general whilst I have one.

This leads to the annoying feature of your killing stack moving and the cursor saying 'arriving 5 december' while after a while, the enemy small stack moves just in time to leave the spot 'on 4 december', just one day before its ultimate and well-deserved doom, and repeating it as long as they are not cornered or decide to stop.

A honest question: is this a cheat to favour AI? Because if it is, I ask anyone knowing how to disable it, it's incredibly annoying, frustrating, and useless as the AI ends losing anyway, just in a more boring time.

No, it's just some provinces are closer to others, so while it might take 10 days to go from X to Y, it only takes 6 days to go from Y to Z.

It has happened!

eu31f.png

The cascading alliance system is really annoying me now, as Sweden I declared war on Denmark who was guaranteed by Norway. Fine up to there, but after 5 months of warfare I was at war with England, Scotland, Norway, Denmark, Novgorod, Pskov, Muscowy, Lüneberg, Brunswick, Austria, Tver, Ryazan, Poland AND Pommerania.

I alt-f4 out of the game out of rage.

Seems from the comments, that it's like Vicky 2: The lag all over again. It seems to be related to graphics unfortunately. You guys can try setting it to only use core 3, or 2 on your processor, it might help.
...And that's why multicore support is more and more needed as paradox games move forward.

Seems from the comments, that it's like Vicky 2: The lag all over again. It seems to be related to graphics unfortunately. You guys can try setting it to only use core 3, or 2 on your processor, it might help.
...And that's why multicore support is more and more needed as paradox games move forward.

Lag? I get no lag when playing.. Same speed or faster than httt.

Lag? I get no lag when playing.. Same speed or faster than httt.

I also have had no lag whatsoever. I even had to slow down from max speed since it was going to fast!

It's odd, DW runs so fast for me I don't really like using speed 5 anymore. I run it through the debugger to slow it down a bit.

*sigh* what kind of pc you have, me wants too :(

I got win 7 with 4 gigs of ram and quad core CPU and still its at least 20% slower than httt :(

Lag I have not. Paradox Connect doesn't work, perhaps due to the "_" in my user name, but no worries there, I don't care for achievments anyway. But the cascading alliance system is a bit worrying. My War of English Imperialism against Scotland found me at war with pretty much the entire HRE + Poland with vassals. And France's colonial war on Shawnee just turned into global conflict on a massive scale...

*sigh* what kind of pc you have, me wants too :(

I got win 7 with 4 gigs of ram and quad core CPU and still its at least 20% slower than httt :(

My gaming pc at home is a 3 year old winxp, dual core, 2gb.. my work pc is win7, 4 gig, quad core..

Lag I have not. Paradox Connect doesn't work, perhaps due to the "_" in my user name, but no worries there, I don't care for achievments anyway. But the cascading alliance system is a bit worrying. My War of English Imperialism against Scotland found me at war with pretty much the entire HRE + Poland with vassals. And France's colonial war on Shawnee just turned into global conflict on a massive scale...

I tried a game and set the AI aggressiveness to Low and it seemed to help, or I lucked out on the alliance wars.

I have no lag or speed issues at all. It's noticably faster than HttT.

Playing as Taira. Its 1448 and I'm a good way towards unifying Japan. I think some of the Shogun decisions could use a bit more explanation in-game (the difference between the various titles, and also the icons that appear beside each Daimyo's flag in the imperial screen), but I really like the new system and it's made Japan incredibly fun to play. I'm sticking within my infamy limit but I should have it done by 1470 or so. AI does seem more aggresive but not ridiculously so.

Checking the world map on loadup I was surprised to see Scotland had conqured almost almost all of England. Delighted, but surp[rised nonetheless, but I understand this is a known issue. Ming isn't going crazy in my game as it is in some people's. There are a few unrealistic things like a dismembered Dai Viet sailing down to Malaysia to attack minors there, but all in all no huge problems.

Map is beautiful. When I saw it initially I thought "that'll be nice" but didn't realise it makes a really big difference to the game. don't think I could go back to the previous one for anything now.

If anything Id like a speed level between fastest and just one notch below now :D Max speed is just too fast, definitely faster than HTTT. Obviously, it slowed down on SOME rigs tho, thats strange.

Anyhow... Im fairly happy with DW overall. But there's a bunch of small issues adding up, from Ming to the HRE, that suggests it'll be a much better game after the first patch. This brings me to my question... I'm hoping that we can expect a Beta patch in the coming weeks? Early patches sure helped HTTT alot!

Im just cautiously optimistic, because I've read recently there may not be betas anymore :( I hope thats not true! Would definitely be great if we had a patch sometimes during the Holidays fixing the most obvious stuff... Mostly because I have you know, two weeks off to play with this baby :D

If anything Id like a speed level between fastest and just one notch below now :D Max speed is just too fast, definitely faster than HTTT. Obviously, it slowed down on SOME rigs tho, thats strange.

Anyhow... Im fairly happy with DW overall. But there's a bunch of small issues adding up, from Ming to the HRE, that suggests it'll be a much better game after the first patch. This brings me to my question... I'm hoping that we can expect a Beta patch in the coming weeks? Early patches sure helped HTTT alot!

Im just cautiously optimistic, because I've read recently there may not be betas anymore :( I hope thats not true! Would definitely be great if we had a patch sometimes during the Holidays fixing the most obvious stuff... Mostly because I have you know, two weeks off to play with this baby :D

Don't believe forum rumors, Johan will save us all, have faith. If you buy it a patch will come. ;)