• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, gave Divine Wind another shot, and had some fun with countries being unwilling to give peace to countries they had conquered. First I saw it with Aragon - for probably over 10 years they had all their mainland occupied by Castille. Of course, since I was playing Brittany, I later got to experience this personally as France held all my mainland provinces but couldn't get my provinces in north Africa. They wouldn't make or accept any peace offers with 78% warscore against me. At this point, I quit; I'll be back when somebody fixes the map and somebody else fixes the AI.

Well, what was the peace deal you offered France?

I started playing EU3 when the Napolean x-pac came out and I thought you guys couldn't possibly do better than that. I've been pleasantly proven wrong, expansion after expansion. Since HttT, I play this game more than all my other games combined. Simply amazing job with this latest addition.

I'm loving the new concepts introduced in the game. The new alliance system has been great so far and has certainly made me think a little bit more about who I declare war on.

Exactly. If you go around declaring war with high badboy, or not considering guarantees, sphere of influence or taking provinces where a third country have cores, you should expect other declaring war on you/helping the defender.

One little thing that took some getting used to was the change in regiment numbers when hovered over with the mouse. What I mean by this is in HttT, you could see numbers in cavalry/infanty/artillery. It is now infantry/cavalry/artillery. Not a big deal, but something I probably should have paid a little more attention to when I created my first units.

Hehe, guilty as charged. This was done on my request as it had annoyed me for years as it didn't match the order shown when actually clicking on an army.

That's actually a good design change...

BTW, have you also changed the monarch stats order? Iirc, there were place where it was ADM/MIL/DIP, others where it was DIP/MIL/ADM and so on.

Bought it today and loving it :D. Started as one of the daimos but I am a bit disapointed how easy it is to unite Japan. I'm curretly around 1460's and I've annexed most of Japan, have the Kyushu island daimo as my vassal and the purple daimo I"m slowly annexing and this is all within the BB limit.

Map looks great although I'm not sure about the buildings needing magistrates now because I'm worried about the increased micromanagement involved although I'm just starting out so I will have to see what happens in the future.

I've noticed no slowdowns (well very little) during x5 speed and a month when fully zoomed in; takes around 3-4 seconds. I'm not sure about having the message pop-ups like Vic2 since they tend to go unnoticed, but the tradeoff being that I don't have to hit enter every month and 20 times when a war occurs :p (yes I know about the right click funtion).

The UI improvement with the peace deals is AMAZING! That alone is worth half the $20 and a very good effort by whoever coded it :D

the AI is very good ,much improved,map is cool,and the other stuff are great but

kinda dissapointed ,i expected to see more diplomatic options,and some new national decisions,maybe a more history accuarate ones

ah and it would be great if:
1.you can merge your armies with the one of you re allies

2.if you could coordinate attacks with your allies

Hehe, guilty as charged. This was done on my request as it had annoyed me for years as it didn't match the order shown when actually clicking on an army.

And auto stacking cavalry at the top of the army is pretty awesome. You obviously know how OCD your customer base truely is :)

You can do that without a special feature

Yep, when I moved to attack a larger army my ally decided to move in on them too. Together we outnumbered them and shortly after destroyed the enemy main force, which would have been too much for either of us had we been on our own.

I really like the AIs new found intelligence so far. :)

Ya, AI was really helpful when fighting an invading Ming as one of the Japanese daimyos; hadn't expected that much help from the others (of course, I wouldn't mind an "attack the guys over there, I'll take the ones over here!" or "focus on defense!" option (similar to Mount and Blade I guess), but it would probably be pretty impossible to balance)

However, I've also seen it "walk cancel walk cancel walk cancel" (basically not moving at all) for months, so it still seems to walk on the thin line between genius and insanity. Which is rather historical, I'd guess, so whatever ;)

Ya, AI was really helpful when fighting an invading Ming as one of the Japanese daimyos; hadn't expected that much help from the others (of course, I wouldn't mind an "attack the guys over there, I'll take the ones over here!" or "focus on defense!" option (similar to Mount and Blade I guess), but it would probably be pretty impossible to balance)

However, I've also seen it "walk cancel walk cancel walk cancel" (basically not moving at all) for months, so it still seems to walk on the thin line between genius and insanity. Which is rather historical, I'd guess, so whatever ;)

Were they trying to cross a straight with an enemy fleet nearby? I've seen that happen all the time with Ottomans because my ally will have thier ships positioned in one of my ports. Ottoman AI sees that the straights are clear and starts to move troops, my ally sees troops moving across the straight and blocks it, Ottoman troops stop and my ally will then pull it's ships back because noone is trying to cross. This process will repeat until that army stops trying to cross the straights.

I don't know if anyone else has posted this but I found a solution to the long save game time. I was experiencing 2 problems: 1) Each time I saved (auto or manual) it took a very long time and 2) when loading a saved game from the main screen it took a long time to pull up the list of saved games.

Both of the problems ceased when I deleted all saved games. As I save new games now the problem hasn't returned.

Update on this. Waking up this morning and playing again, the problem returned. It seems that if you delete your games and start a fresh campaign you can save and reload without problem but, once you quit the game and come back later, saves will take extraordinarily long process times unless you once again delete all your saves and start a fresh game.

Were they trying to cross a straight with an enemy fleet nearby? I've seen that happen all the time with Ottomans because my ally will have thier ships positioned in one of my ports. Ottoman AI sees that the straights are clear and starts to move troops, my ally sees troops moving across the straight and blocks it, Ottoman troops stop and my ally will then pull it's ships back because noone is trying to cross. This process will repeat until that army stops trying to cross the straights.
Naw, though I've seen that one pretty often as well. But I guess I can somewhat understand that one (though I think that the AI should give up after a few tries, especially if there are other things to do with their troops...).
The army in question was following after another AI army into its own occupied territory, but a few days too slow. Afterwards it probably didn't dare moving into the occupied province with the enemy's army at the other side of said province (that's just my guess, didn't actually see what the other AI was doing ...), though it didn't want to give up on its occupied province either - or something like that....watched the whole thing for a few ingame weeks and then quite the game, wasn't getting anywhere myself either ;)

Last edited:
Well, started two files with Divine Wind to get a feel for the game. First as England which i am fully enjoying. I started with my usual plan of conquering Ireland and Scotland. So i invaded one of the Irish minors who called in other Irish minors which i thought was fantastic. even better i thought when Tyrone called in Scotland which to my Horror called in France. no big deal i thought, i will plan every move... so i throw all of my armies at Scotland and was shocked to see they had an army almost as big as mine which was never the case in previous games. but i must admit i enjoyed the challenge. France fell apart due to rebels and wars in Europe and i Conquered Scotland and Ireland.

HOWEVER, playing as the GOLDEN HORDE is no fun at all in my opinion. i really dislike the new Horde system. The Golden Horde was probably my favourite nation to play but in DW i am having no fun and have tried to enjoy them even starting again when i was crushed by Lithuania and every one around me.

I know the Horde was dying out around this time but one of the things i love about EU3 was taking control of a nation and setting my own path. With the Hordes this is not really possible now as you are constantly at war with everyone around you. Timurids as well another nation i use to enjoy a lot. i feel overall the game has great new features which i enjoy but at the same time has taken away the Hordes from me as i cannot enjoy playing with them with the new system. that's Just my opinion.

Well, what was the peace deal you offered France?

I made them the generous peace offer of ceding Finistere, Armor, Maine, Morbihan and Anjou, giving them 25 or 50 ducats and releasing Algiers - this would be a 100% peace score.

I also made them an offer of ceding Finistere, Anjou, Maine and Morbihan, giving them 250 ducats and releasing Algiers - an 86% peace score in case they felt 100% was too much for their 76% war score.

They were unwilling to accept either offering.

Let me start by saying that I am not an EU3 player by nature, having just off-roated from Vicki2. And saying that - Divine Wind is like a silver donut lined with platinum. Beautiful, tasty, and not good for my free time! ;) The only problems I have are the game being slow on my *ancient* machine, and the fact that the font for some countries displays garbled stuff instead of the country name. No clue what causes that. Felt it might be a faulty installation, re-installed, and stuff is still funky. Both of those issues are minor, however. Everything else is cool, interesting, and great fun. Would I like to see even more? Sure! Would I pay for another expansion... Well, my pocket-book is a bit low right now, but... Paradox, my love, my heart. ;) Over-all a great game. Now, I've got to try some other games as well! Ack, my free-time! It's being eaten alive!