+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 656 FirstFirst ... 7 32 57 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 107 132 157 182 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 13112

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

Me, myself and a few felines delling's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleShip Simulator ExtremesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

My first real try as Byzantines, took me 5-6 retries (starting in 1399) before not getting nerfed during the initial expansion.

Feel free to disregard fonts and my attempts at modding country names. I play with inflation turned off. (never could balance a budget)

Early on I got very lucky, the Ottomans was fighting the Timurids, had no allies besides Serbia and Bosnia and had been split up severly on the asian side in earlier fights. They had been in a recent fight with Castille, and had only 1 galley and 1 transport ship left.

I waited for the european Ottoman army to pass ... the Serbian army ... the Bosnian army ... and then brought out my 4 ships, blockaded the strait and annexed most of the european parts of the Ottomans using 4000 men. (2000 sieging and 2000 guys running around to where he was building armies)

After that it was just a question of picking the fights carefully not to cascade into fights with any major power. No reloads. No wars without CB.

I play as an extremely religious nation, taken all the NIs and descisions towards stricter religion, max narrowminded. No tolerence for heretics of heathens here, we burn our witches. Every time i manage to get a bunch of german minors against me, I try to smack as many as I can be bothered with firmly on the head and force-convert them. Hungary and Switzerland embraced the true faith completely after such conversions. (Since I have restored the Pentarchy, there is just one church anyway, people just need to be reminded.)

Recently (the current BB) I also conquered Mecca (took it from the french). I'm slowly working my way north through Italy, the aim is to take all of Italy and connect though Croatia. Also I plan to push Georgia (Sakartvelo) away from the Black Sea, making it my 'Mare Nostrum'. I still want to have them as a screen from the hordes though. Only alliance I have is with my orthodox brethren in Ethiopia, who I protect fiercly.

The four major powers in the world are me, France, Spain and Norway. England got very split up early on, every minor that can be formed on the island was there at one point or other. Denmark had holdings there, Scotland tried to take it over, but France has been the major power since forever.

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    Holy Perfectly Reasonable Borders! :shock:

Is Ethiopia your doing, or did they survive on their own?

Just wanted to share this unique picture of Europe. England going all muslim-style! The great British muslim empire about to come ^^
    Ottomans very powerful, although they lost wars to Norway, Aquileia(!!!), Austria, Bohemia alliance.

I love Aquileia, Muslim England and I loved the chubby chubby Switzerland, until it vassalized Bar, making the screen less pretty with ugly overlapping.
    Austria seems to get powerful often lately with by far biggest manpower (150K early game).

Spain was formed ^^ does not happen that often for me. Hasn't happened in over 10 games, despite Castille often attacking their historical friends Portugal and Aragorn.
    In my last game Muscovy empire fell and it was renamed to Pskov. This time it is renamed to Ryazan.

Aquileia is the extreme in this image. Normally it is vassalized (by me :P) or conquered pretty quickly and somehow Aquileia cores are always lost early in the game. Maybe it's due "Promote Cultural Unity", but I see it happen for Golden Horde cores in Southern Muscovy too, despite not national focus.

Go Aquileia!! Venezia and Zeta are both 800 ducats centers of trades in their hands. Pisa, Ferrara, Tuscany are their vassals, their culture group is Lombard.
    First time ever I would see Italy possibly formed. Have never seen Italy, Germany, HRE (not me ), Mughals, Hindustan, Romania, Westphalia, Scandinavia formed by AI.

Both France and England fell in my last game. Fortunately this time Ottomans stayed whole ^^, although they did not help me much at all.

(click for full screen. Watch mighty Aquileia, chubby Switzerland, islamic England. )

Me, myself and a few felines delling's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleShip Simulator ExtremesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by th3freakie View Post
    Holy Perfectly Reasonable Borders! :shock:

Is Ethiopia your doing, or did they survive on their own?
    lol, the borders are part choice, part that I've never westernized before, so I did not make all the slider moves, and when I had the sliders the lousy line of emperors failed to provide a surviving heir with enough admin for generations. I had to wait for noble republic to do it, and then I needed more slider moves to westernize military, and playing whack-a-rebel from the stab hits. In all there was a century(!) where I did not dare picking a fight with any western country. After westernization it took at least 6-7 tech levels before the 'Neighbour bonus' went below 100. I could have gone east before the whack-a-rebel part, but the roman empire in India - naah. Also the hordes felt so annoying when I touched the Timurs early in the game.

Ethiopia, I think they formed at some point, I found them sitting there, landlocked, when I stole Cairo about 50-odd years ago and thought my brethren in the faith might need some help (against Yemen at the time, then I taught Yemen that I'm serious about my allies. They haven't tried anything since). Flandern has taken the parts bordering Ethiopia now, but I don't expect them to dare move against me.

Forum's #1 Irishman Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ujjain View Post
    Just wanted to share this unique picture of Europe. England going all muslim-style! The great British muslim empire about to come ^^
    Ottomans very powerful, although they lost wars to Norway, Aquileia(!!!), Austria, Bohemia alliance.

I love Aquileia, Muslim England and I loved the chubby chubby Switzerland, until it vassalized Bar, making the screen less pretty with ugly overlapping.
    Austria seems to get powerful often lately with by far biggest manpower (150K early game).

Spain was formed ^^ does not happen that often for me. Hasn't happened in over 10 games, despite Castille often attacking their historical friends Portugal and Aragorn.
    In my last game Muscovy empire fell and it was renamed to Pskov. This time it is renamed to Ryazan.

Aquileia is the extreme in this image. Normally it is vassalized (by me :P) or conquered pretty quickly and somehow Aquileia cores are always lost early in the game. Maybe it's due "Promote Cultural Unity", but I see it happen for Golden Horde cores in Southern Muscovy too, despite not national focus.

Go Aquileia!! Venezia and Zeta are both 800 ducats centers of trades in their hands. Pisa, Ferrara, Tuscany are their vassals, their culture group is Lombard.
    First time ever I would see Italy possibly formed. Have never seen Italy, Germany, HRE (not me ), Mughals, Hindustan, Romania, Westphalia, Scandinavia formed by AI.

Both France and England fell in my last game. Fortunately this time Ottomans stayed whole ^^, although they did not help me much at all.

(click for full screen. Watch mighty Aquileia, chubby Switzerland, islamic England. )
    Jesus wept look at Bohemia

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum View Post
    Jesus wept look at Bohemia
    Look at "tiny" Avignon!
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the StarsMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Baluchistan pulled a Persia on the Middle East.
    All hail Richard XI, King of the Mod, Grand Duke of Simcity 4, and Tsar of All the Awesomes - The_Shepherd

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Penumbra - Black PlagueSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Bohemia expands exactly like this every game of mine.

Hehe, Yes. Bohemia has a tendency to expand eastwards in my last few games! Could be due to re-balancing of the beta patch. In each version of EU3 seems countries seem to have their own distinct tendencies.

e.g. England in Scandinavia is pretty mandatory in Divine Wind ^^
    Bohemia expanding eastwards.
    Empires growing big and collapsing by wicked stupid AI moves, seem to be always same empires. (Not often France though)
    Muscovy has fallen in my last 2 games, maybe typical Beta behaviour, and Lithuania falls often.
    England has fallen many times. Ottomans so-so. Ming falls always.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Penumbra - Black PlagueSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Hehe, Yes. Bohemia has a tendency to expand eastwards in my last few games! Could be due to re-balancing of the beta patch. In each version of EU3 seems countries seem to have their own distinct tendencies.

e.g. England in Scandinavia is pretty mandatory in Divine Wind ^^
    Bohemia expanding eastwards.
    Empires growing big and collapsing by wicked stupid AI moves, seem to be always same empires. (Not often France though)
    Muscovy has fallen in my last 2 games, maybe typical Beta behaviour, and Lithuania falls often.
    England has fallen many times. Ottomans so-so. Ming falls always.
    I think that the golden hord is expanding more than can handle since the change on latest beta patch.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    Look at "tiny" Avignon!
    Someone have a soft spot for Avignon? But that map has a pretty Spain AI formed, Jalayirids in Georgia, the Crimea in the Steppes instead of Crimea, RYAZAN, Aquelia (wonder if they are still a Theocracy?) and the wonderful AI Switzerland. Also, nice Algiers empire I thought it was AI for a second.
    "Gentlemen, if this man [Frederick the Great] were still alive I would not be here,"
    -Napoleon Bonaparte, after defeating Prussia.

NINJA

Sometimes I think about living in different periods of history, and then I realize that there would be no Central Heating, and I stop thinking.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult

I take it the Ottomans/Ottoman State/Ottoman Empire/Turkey is your fav country? :P
    "Gentlemen, if this man [Frederick the Great] were still alive I would not be here,"

NINJA

Sometimes I think about living in different periods of history, and then I realize that there would be no Central Heating, and I stop thinking.

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    The Kings CrusadeRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

I was banned for expressing myself.,Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by jjja494 View Post
    I take it the Ottomans/Ottoman State/Ottoman Empire/Turkey is your fav country? :P
    Im guessing you're reffering to CanOmer?

Quote Originally Posted by gela1212 View Post
    Holy Roman Empire Batman!

They didn't take that second war too well, though.
    Barely any major battles, only huge stack skirmishes at the border.
    But with -3 Stab and capped WE...

Quote Originally Posted by IanDury View Post
    Im guessing you're reffering to CanOmer?
    How'd you guess?

NINJA

El Presidente of Tropico & etc Ivir Baggins's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne

Is that a mega-Hamburg up there?
    "Moab is my washpot, and over Edom shall I cast out my shoe." - Psalm 108:9

I have a YouTube channel!

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    The Kings CrusadeRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

I was banned for expressing myself.,Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by jjja494 View Post
    How'd you guess?
    He's Turkish and he always posts Ottoman screenies?

You would think that coming from Trabzon, he might play Trebizond, or are they completely unrelated?

NINJA

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilius View Post
    Here's my fledgling empire. Don't know if it's the beta patch or the fact that I chose the hard difficulty (with low aggression), but blobbing became really hard. We'll see what will come out of this:

Just how many wars are you in? at least Burgundy , Liege , Savoy , Lorraine , Avignon and Brittany .. at least
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 656 FirstFirst ... 7 32 57 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 107 132 157 182 ... LastLast