+ Reply to Thread
Page 430 of 659 FirstFirst ... 330 355 380 405 420 428 429 430 431 432 440 455 480 505 530 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,600 of 13170

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by _anomaly View Post
    Was still a fun game; kicked the Europeans out of America and managed to keep my culture as the overwhelming majority (90%+),
    That would not be the case if you had conquered more in India and China instead of vassalising :P
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanow View Post
    I think 99% of europeans, aren't aware of existence of andorra. Or they think it is somewhere in asia/africa/americas/oceania.
    Nah, I am pretty sure most people are thaught about the microstates in europe (Luxemburg, Monacco, Papal States/Vatikan and Andorra) in 4th grade of elementary school here in Germany. I cant imagine that the education in the Rest of Europe is that lacking tbh.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

I knew about Andorra and also Liechtenstein, but i'm an exception here

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Lama43 View Post
    I knew about Andorra and also Liechtenstein, but i'm an exception here
    Yeah, whoops, Liechtenstein, totally forgot about that one, oh the irony

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

If this is unmodded you're definitly Korea

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLead and Gold
    MagickaMount & Blade: Warband500k club

Quote Originally Posted by _anomaly View Post
    Roger that.

Still just under 100 years to go, I'm gonna try to solidify my hold on South England/North France, the Bosphorous Sound, Sinai, Rome, and the Baltic Sound (maybe). At this stage I'm so far ahead in tech and income that there really isn't going to be an 'end game boss', so unfortunately it looks like I'm just gonna have to coast on through to the end, which is unfortunate because for a while there Portugal (who got owned by Burgundy), Burgundy (who got owned by me), and Bohemia (who got owned by themselves) looked like they would be worthy foes; I even baited the Oirats into taking a nice line of provinces for me to perma-occupy to protect me and my vassals from Blobhemia. Was still a fun game; kicked the Europeans out of America and managed to keep my culture as the overwhelming majority (90%+), kept the Europeans out of East Russia / Oceania completely, and took all of the 'key locations' of Eurasia: An Indian trade port, Thrace, Cape Town, Singapore, Gibraltar, Dover + all the little islands in the Atlantic/Pacific/Indian Oceans (bar 3).
    I'd take japan and call it a day

50 games registered

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Iron CrossLead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by stnikolauswagne View Post
    Yeah, whoops, Liechtenstein, totally forgot about that one, oh the irony
    And San Marino :P Not sure if Malta counts.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

There is also the building owned by the Knights of St. John which still counts as sovereign territory. Of course, most of the micro-states are also monarchies, of which Europe still has twelve.
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

My Holy Roman Empire in 1820 (formed by Lithuania):

Things of note:
    - Great Britain, England, Scotland and Wales all exist.
    - Portugal has been booted out of Europe and is now in Africa.
    - Naples and Brittany had also been kicked out of Europe but have reappeared in Malta and Norway/Scotland respectively.
    - Mega Iraq.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Semper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Edlar89 View Post
    My Holy Roman Empire in 1820 (formed by Lithuania):

Things of note:

- Portugal has been booted out of Europe and is now in Africa.
    How historical! When there is a large European power, the King of Portugal moves his court to Brazil!
    Nationality: Texan
    Ideology: Liberal
    Issues: Laissez-Faire, Anti Military, Secularized, Free Trade, Limited Citizenship
    Militancy: 0
    Consciousness: 10
    Literacy: 100%

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Moose View Post
    How historical! When there is a large European power, the King of Portugal moves his court to Brazil!
    They're is South Africa and Mozambique.

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Update on my Epic Russian game:

As requested, i have cleaned my borders. Everything around me is either guaranteed or warned. I have royal marriage with all European powers, including Habsburgs in Austria and Brandenburg. I have excellent relations with Milan, England and France.

Ottomans have started colonizing eastern Africa.

Milan is about to form Lombardy, just need 1 more province.

N.America is being colonized by Portugal and England. Portugal has reached the great lakes. England is focused on Canada.

Ottomans are POWERFUL, i cant take beat them without getting myself in a BAD position.
    Clinically diagnosed russophile and scourge of self righteous westerners.

"Do not ask what Russia can do for you, but what you can do for Russia"

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindEuropa Universalis IV

dat font...

Awesome Russia! But that annoying Ottoman blimp in Crimea hurts my eyes..
    Former Fan of the Week

1 Aristocrat
    Nationality: South Andean
    Religion: Catholic
    Ideology: Conservative
    Rebel type: Reactionary
    Issues: Pro-life

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Destroy somehow ottomans and make Jalayarids replace them
    Please

Quote Originally Posted by thekinguter View Post
    dat font...

Awesome Russia! But that annoying Ottoman blimp in Crimea hurts my eyes..
    I think that font looks much better than vanilla, but that could be just me, i guess.

Unfortunately, there is little i can do about Ottomaniacs right now, since they would pretty much beat me at this point, as they are allied to half of the Muslim world that is only a few land techs behind me. And compared to vanilla tech per tech they have roughly the same quality units as westerners (as i do i for the most part).

Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    Destroy somehow ottomans and make Jalayarids replace them
    Please
    I would but they refuse to fight each other >.< It started with Ottomans joining Jala led gang bang vagon on GH, and from then to right now theyve been best buddies.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by stnikolauswagne View Post
    Nah, I am pretty sure most people are thaught about the microstates in europe (Luxemburg, Monacco, Papal States/Vatikan and Andorra) in 4th grade of elementary school here in Germany. I cant imagine that the education in the Rest of Europe is that lacking tbh.
    Well the fact it is teached, it does not mean people learn this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanow View Post
    Well the fact it is teached, it does not mean people learn this.
    Yep, its not that they dont teach us, god knows they try, its just that we dont really care that much about things that dont matter in our lives. For example, someone living in Germany will have a pretty good understanding of countries around Germany, because thats the sphere of influence of their culture. At the same time average person will know locations of couple of cities in Russia (rough at least) and their names, but still most of Russia will be "here be dragons" in their mind, much the same as average Russian will know most cities from Moscow to Vladivostok with names of capitals of most former Soviet republics (all the -stans around them), while their knowledge of Europe (specially west) will probably be restricted to capitals and cities that have good football clubs. Its a normal thing i think.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by DieMuecke View Post
    If this is unmodded you're definitly Korea
    Yep, unmodded

Quote Originally Posted by Mods View Post
    I'd take japan and call it a day
    Of course, Japan! I forgot about them, because earlier on I was hoping Minamoto would form Japan, and from there they would be much easier to conquer ~_~
    Gaijin

Finished off that Brandenburg -> Prussia -> Germany game. For the most part, anyway.

World View...

Vassal View...

I also finished up an Ottoman Empire game I had sitting around. Nothing too spectacular, though the new world is... well, you'll see.

About the same size as the RL Ottoman Empire at its greatest extent, or in that general area, I think. Thanks to an Alliance from a blobbing HRE Bohemia and Hungary--the latter of which is also my ally(!?)--I wasn't able to make much headway into Europe.

World view...

Yes, that's Bohemia in Scandinavia. They got that far not by relying on military conquest, but by relying on marital conquest--that is, they inherited almost everything between them and where Finland used to be, except for Finland itself, which they conquered.

And that new world... seriously. Quebec in the midwest, Canada in the Caribbean, Cuba in Florida... it's a freakin' madhouse over there. Anyway... vassal view...

My vassals include...

Sardinia, the Papal States (they own those territories in Africa and Newfoundland), Florence, Persia, and Moldavia.

+ Reply to Thread