+ Reply to Thread
Page 402 of 659 FirstFirst ... 302 327 352 377 392 400 401 402 403 404 412 427 452 477 502 ... LastLast
Results 8,021 to 8,040 of 13170

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

Speaking of the Byzantine Empire, here's a Byzantium that I've been working on since... friday-ish. Had the weekend off, and I ended up playing a wee bit too much EU3. I rolled back the tech group changes I made so that they're all at the 'default' rates. Mostly because I wanted to get the Basileus achievement.

My western-most provinces used to belong to Morroco, but I snagged 'em during one of the dozen or so wars against me they involved themselves in for whatever reason. They seemed to have it out for me in the early & middle parts of the game--actually, they probably still do, given that they jump into every war I get involved in--but they've long since ceased to be anything resembling a threat.

Italy... securing my Italian provinces was a nightmare. Great Britain had annexed Naples (!?) a century before, and had been digging in that entire time. Conquering the provinces themselves wasn't difficult--they had an army there, but it was only of moderate size. No, what was difficult was preventing a superior naval power from getting into the Mediterranean long enough for them to decide that Italy wasn't worth it. Had to exceed my naval force limits, and they eventually still broke through, but they caved at the last moment and haven't been back since.

Curiously, about half of my leaders have been female, and pretty much every single one has possessed high (7-8) diplomatic and administrative ratings, with middling military ones. Because of this, I've gotten quite a few claims on my rivals' provinces. My most recent King, Demetrios I Palaiologos, bucks the trend by having a 7 in military skill, though he's still got great (8) administrative abilities. His heir is basically identical, except with military & administrive flipped, and slightly better diplomacy (4 vs 5).

As far as military power goes, I'm... either first or second in land, and second in navy. Austria, when they're the HRE, exceeds my land limit by a moderate (~70k) amount, and Great Britain has a better navy. I'm at peace now, so I've cut my army down to about 120,000, which is roughly half my landforce limit. Most of them are busy maintaining order in my newest acquisitions--namely, the western coast of the Arabian Peninsula.

Westernized, oh... late 1560's/early 1570's, and switched to administrative monarchy some 20 years later, and then to absolute monarchy in 1656. Wanted the extra magistrates & discipline. I'm slightly above-average as far as tech level goes, though I'm only the highest when it comes to land tech, I think.

Anyway, enough ranting. Here's the world view...

Funfact: Castille was almost entirely pushed out of Iberian Peninsula and now has their Capital in South Africa. Little Karoo, I think.

And world view w/just Byzantium & her vassals...

Oh, speaking of Byzantium (again), I've got an old Byzantium game that I completed several months ago but was too lazy to post here. But hey, what better time than now?

Basically my goal in this game was one thing and one thing only: Crusading. Crusading, crusading, crusading. Crusading as far east and west as possible, within reason. Obviously I avoided worthless areas such as the steppes and the Himalayas, as you can see, but other than that it was just killing spree after killing spree for the whole game.

And you can't be a crusader without being highly religious, so almost all my provinces are Orthodox at this point. I also Restored the Pentarchy a while ago (conquered the Italian provinces through missions).

This was from a 1401 start because I wasn't anywhere near good enough to handle Byzantium from 1399 (probably still not good enough ). Obviously it's not nearly as good as what other people have done with a warmongering Byzantium, but I'm pretty happy with it myself.

You might notice I own a big chunk of Japan. That's because the daimyo's DOWed me in the late 1700s, so I decided to teach them a lesson and just eat a piece of Japan for the sheer novelty of it.

And here's another really old game as Denmark -> Scandinavia.

This was also a pretty conventional game. Starting as Denmark I just had to keep the Kalmar Union together, which proved a little bit of a challenge at first, but once I inherited Norway and Sweden it got a lot easier. I decided to do some RPing with this game, colonizing only areas that were geographically similar to the Scandinavian homeland, meaning Iceland, Greenland, Canada and the NW United States (I had no interest in Siberia). Other than colonization, another goal was to make the Baltic my private lake, which was a fun challenge.

This game taught me firsthand, for the first time, how worthless the far northern provinces are. Only after getting my hands on some Canadian fur did I begin to rake in some decent amounts of cash.

I originally planned to stay out of HRE politics, but as was the case with my Germany game on the previous page, it was impossible. In the very early game, alliances and small mission wars around the Baltic inevitably brought me into conflict with several of the HRE minors to my south, which were easy pickings for force-vassalization. And of course, a few vassals = more power = more war = more force-vassalizing = vassal electors. Also, as happens pretty often, when other electors got eaten, a couple of my vassals got chosen as new electors. So becoming HRE was pretty much automatic by 1500, and following it through to Revoking the Privilegia was just irresistible.

Also, note the monster Persia. It's been like that for almost the entire game, so I'm pretty proud of it, because it's not every day you see the AI create a stable, powerful Asian empire.

Quote Originally Posted by xShadowLordx View Post
    Oh, speaking of Byzantium (again), I've got an old Byzantium game that I completed several months ago but was too lazy to post here. But hey, what better time than now?

<snip>

Basically my goal in this game was one thing and one thing only: Crusading. Crusading, crusading, crusading. Crusading as far east and west as possible, within reason. Obviously I avoided worthless areas such as the steppes and the Himalayas, as you can see, but other than that it was just killing spree after killing spree for the whole game.

And you can't be a crusader without being highly religious, so almost all my provinces are Orthodox at this point. I also Restored the Pentarchy a while ago (conquered the Italian provinces through missions).

This was from a 1401 start because I wasn't anywhere near good enough to handle Byzantium from 1399 (probably still not good enough ). Obviously it's not nearly as good as what other people have done with a warmongering Byzantium, but I'm pretty happy with it myself.

You might notice I own a big chunk of Japan. That's because the daimyo's DOWed me in the late 1700s, so I decided to teach them a lesson and just eat a piece of Japan for the sheer novelty of it.

<snip>
    *whistles* That's a mighty fine Byzantium you've got there. Makes mine look, well, puny. Nicely done.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

How do you post the maps on this thread? I'm a little computer retarded.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by bighemp View Post
    How do you post the maps on this thread? I'm a little computer retarded.
    You need to upload your images to a site like imageshack.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiyoukai Ramza View Post
    *whistles* That's a mighty fine Byzantium you've got there. Makes mine look, well, puny. Nicely done.
    I actually thought mine was pretty puny myself. Mostly it just looks big because it's thousands of miles long and goes in pretty much a straight line. But thank you.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindRome Gold500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Ragusa!Not much,but i'm proud of it.It was hard to expand in the begining.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I like it how there's Scandinavia, Denmark, Norway and Finland at the same time.

Burgundy looks like it's eating France, also nice Novogorod and Hindustan. Oh, and nice Ragusa >

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Heres my current game:

So far, GH is falling apart as i want (slowly but steadily) and my influence is increasing. All bigger neighbours, except for Lithuania, have been beaten at least once, to keep them in check. I need to "liberate" couple more provinces from Novgorod and Russian minors and then i will take on Lithuania which is struggling due to religious and cultural problems. Ive reduced Crimea from about 20 provinces in size to the current size of around 10, and plan to finish them off soon.

Funny thing is, somehow, being of Luxemburg dynasty, ive managed to form PU with Two Sicilies (my guess is that it has something to do with the fact that their last ruler was also Luxemburg). I have no plans to keeping it though, as Italian possessions right now would complicate my strategic situation, so ill either let them go or release vassal if i inherit.
    Clinically diagnosed russophile and scourge of self righteous westerners.

"Do not ask what Russia can do for you, but what you can do for Russia"

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourLead and GoldMajesty II CollectionSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    Continue of our DAO Lite 1.0 Multi; the year is 1510

20 years later:

I am fighting against Great Britain - France - Russia - Castille coalition.

Corporal Cannonfodder Killerflood's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    20 years later:

I am fighting against Great Britain - France - Russia - Castille coalition.
    No offense to you CanOmer (your empires are awesome), but I'm hoping you lose.
    My own quotes:
    "Everything is possible with time and imagination, time just hasn't caught up with our imagination."
    "A stagnant brain is a very bad thing. Try keeping your head open to allow fresh air in but not open enough for your brain to fall out."

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."
    -Altair

EU3 CompleteDivine WindEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Killerflood View Post
    No offense to you CanOmer (your empires are awesome), but I'm hoping you lose.
    not likely, Russia seems to be down. Better to wait till westernization and strike

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    How the heck are you so successful? Weren't you the smallest starting player besides Denmark?

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Size isn't everything (), and this mod seems to be centered on the ottomans, anyway.
    Want a Record? Come on over to the Europa Universalis 4 Hall of Fame!

Check out my States Mod. In progress though, so it won't be done for a long while.

My Inkwell: Link Here

Feel free to add me on Steam to talk, play, or whatever

The Ottomans start in a fairly good position. And the mod adds a lot of provinces in or near their area, which may tip things in their favor in MP.
    -Ruanek

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by andriy.gerasika View Post
    not likely, Russia seems to be down. Better to wait till westernization and strike
    Russia seems to be in pretty good position right now. I know, i saw russia being down. Almost no provinces taken, so he can rebuild any lost armies.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Click image for larger version

Name:	TehWURLD.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	54465

Name:	Vijayanagar-.png
Views:	73
Size:	876.6 KB
ID:	54466

Name:	Vijayanagar-LandVassals.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	54467

My first real game of EUIII as Vijayanagar. I plan on forming Hindustan and playing until the end of hte game, and maybe even converting to Vicky 2.

I am a noob, so this is on normal difficulty, I've been playing it off-and-on, but things have been getting really interesting recently. First, all those meany-pants Muslims to the north kept bullying Sind, so I beat them down, but did not take any land from them. Next thing I know, Sind annexed Rajpunta. Then I beat down Delhi, made them release Rajpunta, hoping they'd be Hindu. No luck, but Sind annexed them... Again. Then Bihar, who used to be the second strongest power in India next to me, had 2 territories I needed to form Hindustan. They were having an.. Odd... war against Delhi, where they sat in one occupied province, and left the capital undefended. I supported 4 rebellions in their territory, and declared war, bringing only my vassals into the war. We crush Bihar, and I demand Bengal's release alongside the two territories, suddenly, Orissa, Nepal and Delhi either rose up or got their land back from Bihar, leaving it a 2pm after 1 war. Then Sind began got into a war with Bundle-something, which I vassalized, but Sind kept fighting. A poor vassal does not give me money, so I went to war against Sind, taking Kutch for myself, letting a newly independent Rajpunta take their cores, plus letting Malwa (Lesser partner PU) take a territory. Now Sind, who was eating up Muslims a little while ago, is a 1pm in, once more, one war. Now, I am the only significant power in India, and just have to wait for regions to core up before I form Hindustan.

Pretty fun so far.
    Prince Eugene of Savoy

[Amateurish Plotter]

Quick, Kind, Paranoid, Honest, Proud, Chaste, Just, Content, Charitable, Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanow View Post
    Russia seems to be in pretty good position right now. I know, i saw russia being down. Almost no provinces taken, so he can rebuild any lost armies.
    It's not just that. There are a lot of Ottoman armies in Russia, and they apparently had little trouble with the previous Russian defenders. That can point to the Ottoman armies being better.
    -Ruanek

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Ruanek View Post
    It's not just that. There are a lot of Ottoman armies in Russia, and they apparently had little trouble with the previous Russian defenders. That can point to the Ottoman armies being better.
    Well Russia should use their general winter instead of fighting ottoman armies, and maybe he does. If he does not, then well, i think he sucks. But still figthing in russia will drain his resources independant of that. And he still need to watch for english and spanish landings, plus french army.

+ Reply to Thread