+ Reply to Thread
Page 401 of 659 FirstFirst ... 301 326 351 376 391 399 400 401 402 403 411 426 451 476 501 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,020 of 13170

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Nice, if only you could reform into Dushan's Empire, that would be some, Serbian Empire instead of Byzies.
    Clinically diagnosed russophile and scourge of self righteous westerners.

"Do not ask what Russia can do for you, but what you can do for Russia"

Dat Murom, trolling GH.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

wow never seen england not implode.
    Fellow infected Zombie member

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post15689715

"We wants moaaaar icooooooons! *groan*"

Quote Originally Posted by mejla View Post
    wow never seen england not implode.
    It doesn't as much in D&T. Who's that in Sweden?
    -Ruanek

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSengoku

Quote Originally Posted by Ruanek View Post
    It doesn't as much in D&T. Who's that in Sweden?
    He is. (Serbia)

Quote Originally Posted by Chlorna View Post
    He is. (Serbia)
    Ah, I didn't make that connection.
    -Ruanek

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    It's for this reason that I wish deep down that D&T would add a Yugoslavian nation.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSword of the StarsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by ZomgK3tchup View Post
    It's for this reason that I wish deep down that D&T would add a Yugoslavian nation.
    while it would be good to be able to form a cultural union for South Slavic countries it should not be named like that... you know... not quite successful (and very "20th century" like) try.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vasziljevics View Post
    while it would be good to be able to form a cultural union for South Slavic countries it should not be named like that... you know... not quite successful (and very "20th century" like) try.
    Well, Yugoslavia is literally "Land of the Southern Slavs," so it's somewhat difficult to find a better name.

Russia already exists for Eastern Slavs, and Jagiellon is technically a union of the major Western Slavic nations. All that's missing is a South Slavic union.

But I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomgK3tchup View Post
    D&T has Illryia, I think. It should be in that area.
    -Ruanek

Darkest Hour

My Swedish campaign year 1516, playing with a no vassals rule =)

Ottomans imploded (rare in my games at least), Prussia formed early and is a powerhouse, as is Austria, Castille, France, Bohemia and Yemen, you cant see it on this SS but they own the southern Arabian peninsula and the land down to (and including) Swahili, i guess they inherited the mamelukes without me noticing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruanek View Post
    D&T has Illryia, I think. It should be in that area.
    Yes it does. And it's the south balkan culture union.

My latest game as TO -> Prussia -> Germany.

Definitely one of the more fun games I've played so far, and my first time playing as either TO, Prussia, or Germany at all. I originally planned on simply forming Germany without becoming HRE, but we all know that never works. It's just too easy.

Most of my warring in this game was done opportunistically through missions, up until the point when I formed Germany and could pretty much do whatever I wanted. It's pretty amazing to go from such a vulnerable start to being the sole superpower on Earth. I probably wouldn't have survived at first if it weren't for Novgorod, who faithfully allied with me for about 300 years and protected me from pretty much every threat. They conveniently disowned me after I didn't need them anymore, so I didn't hesitate to beat them up when I got a mission against them.

Austria was HRE for the first half of the game and so they were my biggest opponent, but I was able to take them out of commission (when I was still Prussia) by concentrating my relatively small army on their heartland and conquering their richest provinces or force-releasing countries from them. After I did that, the show was all me.

After I became HRE I decided to bring as much of Europe as I could under my control, so I attacked France and then force-released and diplo-vassalized a couple minors. If I had time to finish the job I would have taken out Spain next.

The only bad thing about having so many vassals is that you have to babysit the big ones sometimes if you want them to remain powerful, and I definitely learned that from this game. Burgundy was a pretty big power under my command, but for some reason they started having stability problems in the late 1700s, their revenue and army size shrank, and they failed to crush Mexican and UPCA revolutions. Their stab was at -3 for over a decade. I wanted to protect them because they were my single most powerful vassal, so I had to build a transport fleet and ship 40,000 troops across the Atlantic to put down the Mexicans and Central Americans for them, give them back the provinces, and hunt rebels until their stab recovered. It was pretty pathetic.

Other than that, it was a very successful game overall, and I'm very happy with how it went. I've got an army of 1.4 million, which is the largest I've ever had, so that's a nice personal accomplishment. Pretty fun stuff.

And here's another recent game as England -> GB using the Death and Taxes mod.

This has got to be my favorite game of all time. It was also the first time I used the D&T mod, which was pretty interesting but also pretty imbalanced. The tech rates are so out of whack that some Asian countries ended up getting guns before I did.

Nevertheless, this game was extremely successful and fun. Basically my goal with this game was to make Great Britain reach its full historical potential, by being the unparalleled naval power of the world. So I did exactly that. By the end of the game I had over 1200 fully up-to-date combat ships. 400 on the British Isles, for use in European wars, 400 in North America, and 400 throughout the Indian Ocean. I figured if it was worth doing, it was worth overdoing.

This game also taught me a lot about the naval aspect of the game that I never knew before. Even though I created a colossal navy, I eventually learned that good admirals are way more important than how big your navy is. I realized that by putting a perfect admiral on a 25-strong fleet, I could obliterate a 300-strong fleet without a scratch. So I focused on NI's that would give me more naval tradition (I really like the overhauled NI's in this mod). Eventually in the 1700s I got to the point where I could recruit one usually-perfect admiral every four years, and by endgame I had about 5 or 6 perfect admirals at my disposal. (Would've had more if they didn't die so dang fast!)

A lot of times I just used my massive navy for no strategic gain whatsoever, but simply to have fun trolling other countries. For example, one time I DOWed Ming just for the pleasure of obliterating their 300-strong galley fleet, blockading them 100%, and watching their WE go through the roof and revolts pop up everywhere. It goes to show that naval power can be almost as deadly as land power. The only catch is, being a naval power is kind of a full-time commitment. Through experience I've learned it's much harder to build a powerful navy, keep it updated, and supply it with good admirals than it is to do the same with an army, and doing both is pretty much out of the question. Even at the endgame--taking into consideration that Ming's troops are still halfway-decent at the endgame in Death and Taxes--if I were to build an army worthy of challenging Ming, the maintenance costs would probably destroy me.

Another thing I wanted to do with this game was kind of RP a little bit and make Britain more politically glorious than it was in real life by taking over the the entire modern-day US and Canada, and as rich as possible by taking over India, the Caribbean, and Indonesia. My income is a couple thousand ducats a year, but it would be ridiculously higher than that if my army wasn't twice the size of my force limit. (That's what you get for going full naval and quality!)

It took a while before I was able to do a lot of conquest though, because of the disproportionately strong tech of the Asians. Hindustan was a massive, solid power for a very long time (with guns almost as good as the Euros), and I only managed to break them by jumping on them when they were at war with a bunch of Europeans, and blockading them 100%. Then I was able to start taking bites out of India. Indonesia had to be taken piece by piece as well, accelerating only in the 1700s as my tech lead got larger and larger.

I also focused a lot on trade. I'm at full free trade and I have monopolies in most of the big COTs of the world. I own four COTs, one of which serves both the British Isles and all of my North American colonies combined, so it's worth over 3000 ducats.

And yes, that is the Inca empire thriving in South America. Just goes to show how imbalanced (albeit interesting) the mod is.
    Last edited by xShadowLordx; 14-05-2012 at 03:22.

Yeah I got a random PU on Sweden and kept it until I inherited, then released Gotland and Finland (who I forgot to list as my vassals).

I might turn into Illryia depending on what color they are. I need to diploannex Croatia and Venice before I can do that though.

Quote Originally Posted by xShadowLordx View Post
    And yes, that is the Inca empire thriving in South America. Just goes to show how imbalanced (albeit interesting) the mod is.
    I wouldn't say the mod is imbalanced if it gives non-Western powers a better chance to resist Europeans. The mod basically makes it more difficult for the player to advance in economy and technology, yet the rewards of such are much better.

That is an interesting map you have as Great Britain by the way . Byzantium in Kamchatka and Sakhalin, Sweden in Egypt, implosive Bohemia and France, and landlocked Austria in Hokkaido . Maps like these are just part of the fun.
    How many boards would the Mongols hoard if the Mongol hordes got bored?

Quote Originally Posted by MrQwerty View Post
    That is an interesting map you have as Great Britain by the way . Byzantium in Kamchatka and Sakhalin, Sweden in Egypt, implosive Bohemia and France, and landlocked Austria in Hokkaido . Maps like these are just part of the fun.
    Actually that's Ethiopia in Egypt and the Papal State in Hokkaido. Still equally weird though.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty 2Rome: Vae Victis500k club

Aachen's decision to move from the ancestral homeland to the Middle East has taken a detour deeper into Asia. And Africa. And, uh, back towards the ancestral homeland.

The Aachener people have decided to have their leader become the Holy Roman Emperor (after having previously left the Empire ), and so have converted to a kingdom. Current -1 stability is due to that. It's going to take like a decade to get it back up.

We currently have one province - Zaporozhia - bordering an HRE province (Podolia, of Bohemia). To rejoin the HRE as a nation, we'll need to have provinces all the way from Zaporozhia down to Sinai (our capital) individually join. Unfortunately a joining province has to be a core, and we just got Zaporozhia in 1580, so we'll have to wait until 1630 to start joining.

In the meantime, there's a lot more of Asia

Click image for larger version

Name:	FqnDh.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	582.1 KB
ID:	54260

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

I am almost sure, you got overextension.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty 2Rome: Vae Victis500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanow View Post
    I am almost sure, you got overextension.

I don't remember the last time I didn't have it.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Aachen is the new Byzantine Empire.
    Even has the same colour.
    You're an irreplaceable human soul, with your own understanding of what it means to suffer.

+ Reply to Thread