+ Reply to Thread
Page 399 of 659 FirstFirst ... 299 324 349 374 389 397 398 399 400 401 409 424 449 474 499 ... LastLast
Results 7,961 to 7,980 of 13163

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

Here's my Colonialist Korea, 1660:

I started out by colonizing Taiwan and Hokkaido, then the wastes North of Manchuria, which I proceeded to annex with Japanese help. I continued the colonization efforts in the North, and am now securing the most that I can get from the overextending Barbarian hordes. Then, I went into colonizing the Pacific Islands and South-East Asia. Soon, I'll be able to get Alaska before the Castillians work their way up from California.

I am very eager to get Westernization done though, before the Europeans start picking on me.

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

That Korea is the best Korea for sure!
    Там тебе привольней, песня
    Ты туда и улетай!

Quote Originally Posted by Persigny View Post

I started out by colonizing Taiwan and Hokkaido, then the wastes North of Manchuria, which I proceeded to annex with Japanese help. I continued the colonization efforts in the North, and am now securing the most that I can get from the overextending Barbarian hordes. Then, I went into colonizing the Pacific Islands and South-East Asia. Soon, I'll be able to get Alaska before the Castillians work their way up from California.

I am very eager to get Westernization done though, before the Europeans start picking on me.
    How did you get that many colonists?
    -Ruanek

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Xnaop View Post
    Wooooooo, the capital of Aachen is now in the Sinai Peninsula!

No! It really should be Jerusalem!
    "Don't start a fight when there is nothing to win."
    - Erwin Rommel, The "Desertfox"

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Why Sinai?

Edit - hey that rhymes

Quote Originally Posted by Ruanek View Post
    How did you get that many colonists?
    Patience and choosing a colonial Idea early on.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

One-upmanship time!!!

Here's my colonial Korea, 1605:

Westernised and modernised a fair while ago, currently working on securing the American coastline from the European colonisers. Here are a few in-game screens:

Religious mapmode of Eurasia (notable features, massive protestant Bohemia, massive Confucian Vijayanagar [my doing]):

The many formless blobs of Europe:

Tech map mode of me vs my European enemies:

I haven't touched this game in a while, but I might continue it and finish it off. If I was to keep playing, I'd like to move my capital to the Americas and finish colonising them, inherit Vijayanagar (probably release for moar vassalz) and then go and stomp the Europeans or something.
    Gaijin

First Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

The main portion of Aachen (still says "Aachener Asia", but I imagine that will change come next month):

The ancestral homeland is looking lonely

Full size images here, here, and here.

I practically begged my neighbors (in Europe) to go to war with me so that I could get rid of the one province (Koln) that was attached to the old capital, but they just wouldn't take the bait. And nobody wanted to buy it, I couldn't release it, etc. Finally I got a trade dispute against Burgundy, and so went to war with them and then intentionally lost. I've got a core on Koln, though, and I intend to take it back
    make the jerusalem kingdom and take good care of it.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Or you can lose a war on purpose , say to Algiers , and offer to release Cologne in the deal , if they still got their core on it
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

Quote Originally Posted by _anomaly View Post
    One-upmanship time!!!

Here's my colonial Korea, 1605:

Well fiiiiiine...
    Though I'll note you haven't colonized the North really. You've just vassalized China is all.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Yeah I prioritised the Americas; have to get the land there while it's easy. Siberia isn't going anywhere :P
    Gaijin

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty 2Rome: Vae Victis500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchemperor View Post
    No! It really should be Jerusalem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlar89 View Post
    Why Sinai?
    The capital must be a core. Sinai is a core. The other options were, I think, Al Jawf and Asir.

EU3 CompleteDivine Wind500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Persigny View Post

It would have been great if you had one of these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtle_ship

The Turtle ship, also known as Geobukseon or Kobukson (거북선), was a type of large warship belonging to the Panokseon class in Korea that was used intermittently by the Royal Korean Navy during the Joseon Dynasty from the early 15th century up until the 19th century.

The First Ironclad ship...
    Last edited by PiriReis; 17-07-2013 at 04:05.
    "I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep" ~Charles Maurice de Talleyrand

"We do not surrender, we win or die" ~Omar Al-Mukhtār

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

The Principality of Austria, 1404. Started in 1393. (with a lot of vassals in the HRE)
    Screenshot of Europe:
    GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
    Participate in the ranking of every EU3 nation from easiest to hardest!
    Post your Tahiti games!
    Post your Always vWar Mod progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...r-Mod-Progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...s-War-progress!

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Well and this is why the ships should be other for each of tech groups.

Quote Originally Posted by PdoxNewbie View Post
    Started in 1393.
    How? Is there some way to start earlier than 1399?

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Phase one of my empire is complete.

I turned the Ottoman Empire into a pure Gazi state - conquering and converting into Europe, then releasing converted vassals behind me to keep infamy down, owning just the frontline provinces, plus Constantinople. The Castillans must have been mighty surprised to find a new Muslim reconquista starting from the north just as they were taking over Granada.

All of Europe has been converted and is my vassal, with Brunswick being my northern border and Poland my eastern. Then, I moved my capital to Granada and formed Al-Andalus.

I should go.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourLead and GoldMajesty II CollectionSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Continue of our DAO Lite v1.0 multiplayer:

Today we were 7 people. All strong countries were human. Also todaya I was under heavy press. GB keeps me blockading that gives all coastal provinces -75% tax. Nearly all countries became hostile to me. Even Spain, my natural ally against France and GB, declerad war on me. I invaded Russia and took some lands.

Quote Originally Posted by sprites View Post
    Or you can lose a war on purpose , say to Algiers , and offer to release Cologne in the deal , if they still got their core on it
    Cologne's core on Koln is long gone - I removed it long before this insane dream of moving to the Middle East was hatched. I couldn't release it, I couldn't convince anyone to buy it. I potentially could have given it away to the Emperor as unlawful imperial territory, since I didn't have a core on it, but you're not allowed to do that if the Emperor is at war. Which he was. For, seemingly, ever. I got a core on it before the Emperor was at peace.

So then I thought my only option was war. I didn't have any casus belli on any of my neighbors, so I insulted them all (including the Emperor) down to -200, but they wouldn't bite. I even left the Empire and then put Koln (but not my nation) back into it, so that the Emperor would definitely have a CB on me. Still nobody bit. For years. It was like they were all scared of me and my armies that were all thousands of miles away from them.

Finally Burgundy issued a trade ban on me, which gave me a CB on them, which I happily took.

Even then, they've got like 18000 men sieging Koln, get it up to like 87%... and then they just leave! Ugh.

Thankfully some vassal of Burgundy's - Utrecht, I think? - marched a thousand guys in and finished the job.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

How? Is there some way to start earlier than 1399?
    I play with a mod which stretches game play out all the way from 1399-1821 to 11-2010 (albeit with a lot of bugs.)
    GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
    Participate in the ranking of every EU3 nation from easiest to hardest!
    Post your Tahiti games!
    Post your Always vWar Mod progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...r-Mod-Progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...s-War-progress!

+ Reply to Thread