+ Reply to Thread
Page 395 of 659 FirstFirst ... 295 320 345 370 385 393 394 395 396 397 405 420 445 470 495 ... LastLast
Results 7,881 to 7,900 of 13171

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Acguy View Post

Finally... The Turk has been driven out of Europe. But the crusade shall extend into the Holy Land (when I get my stability back...)

I allied with that disgusting Bohemia just to make sure I wouldn't need to fight it. I don't think I'll ever get used to these ugly horde colonizers
    hopefully they wont form the HRE and break alliance like they did on my successful Knight campaign! :P

EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Acguy View Post

Finally... The Turk has been driven out of Europe. But the crusade shall extend into the Holy Land (when I get my stability back...)

I allied with that disgusting Bohemia just to make sure I wouldn't need to fight it. I don't think I'll ever get used to these ugly horde colonizers

No you don't, I see there a flag of Karaman Beyligi. They are Turks too Still a nice empire for the Knights
    "We do not surrender, we win or die" ~Omar Al-Mukhtār

This game was a lot of fun for me. I fell short in my 3 main goals of restoring Trajan's Empire, getting rid of heresy on the continent(still some small blobs of yellow and blue) and assimilating the middle east to greek culture(as it became a choice between HRE and that). Still, lots of fun.

Damn right that was Byzantine formed. Oddly enough though once I had formed all my everything started taking on German names. Does that usually happen when you form HRE?

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by hank789 View Post
    Damn right that was Byzantine formed. Oddly enough though once I had formed all my everything started taking on German names. Does that usually happen when you form HRE?
    Yes.

52 games registered

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Iron CrossLead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnarr View Post
    hopefully they wont form the HRE and break alliance like they did on my successful Knight campaign! :P
    Yeah, let us hope. Luckily they seem to be pretty unstable, Moldavia revolted successfully from them.

Quote Originally Posted by PiriReis View Post
    No you don't, I see there a flag of Karaman Beyligi. They are Turks too Still a nice empire for the Knights
    Better like this? :P And thanks.

Mecca is mine, but the real prize is in the hands of Castille I think I need to build up a navy if I want to force it out of their hands. Also, the pope left Rome and moved his capital to Africa for some reason :S

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Wow. I could never accomplish that much as the Knights. Well done!
    Want a Record? Come on over to the Europa Universalis 4 Hall of Fame!

Check out my States Mod. In progress though, so it won't be done for a long while.

My Inkwell: Link Here

Feel free to add me on Steam to talk, play, or whatever

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Well actualy knights are in quite good position - wealthy land, good resources... And Western tech if i recall correctly. Try doing something simmiliar with riga.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EU3_MAP_MCH_1468.7.27_1.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	280.8 KB
ID:	53776

Look at Manchuria. I achieved that only through colonisation (okay, I did add colonists through cheats, but pshhht)
    It got even bigger later, but unfortunately I don't have a screen

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by SteveTR View Post
    Attachment 53776

Look at Manchuria. I achieved that only through colonisation (okay, I did add colonists through cheats, but pshhht)
    It got even bigger later, but unfortunately I don't have a screen
    The fact is that you don't even need cheats to get colonists.

Quote Originally Posted by Lama43 View Post
    The fact is that you don't even need cheats to get colonists.
    I know that, I was just really impatient

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuujin95 View Post
    Georgia, 1500AD.

The simple fact that Georgia lives at all in Vanilla is kinda beautiful.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

IMHO georgia should just have :
    Muslim tech group(To stand any chances against hordes)
    Have +100% to forcelimit as long as it have 5 or less provinces.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanow View Post
    IMHO georgia should just have :
    Muslim tech group(To stand any chances against hordes)
    Have +100% to forcelimit as long as it have 5 or less provinces.
    That really doesn't make sense historically, though. Balancing changes should be made to the hordes instead.
    -Ruanek

52 games registered

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Iron CrossLead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the Vikings

Rome, Constantinople, Jerusalem and Mecca are in our hands... The crusade is finally complete. Deus vult!

Just after I had built a huge fleet and planned to attack Castille, a giant revolt occurred in the holy land and it all defected to the Mamluks, and handling them was easy, so I got very lucky :P I might keep playing to endgame just to see how the world develops. Moldavia is my vassal and ally, Bohemia is also my ally (I have never called them for help though, I just keep the alliance to make sure they don't do anything against me). Yemen, Haasa and Najd are also my allies as I just forced Oman to release them. Also, I couldn't move my capital to Judea, it being an Asian province... Maybe I should just keep my capital at Rhodes at this point :P

Quote Originally Posted by homy_dog34 View Post
    Wow. I could never accomplish that much as the Knights. Well done!
    Thanks! It's all about getting lucky/acting quickly in the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwanow View Post
    Well actualy knights are in quite good position - wealthy land, good resources... And Western tech if i recall correctly. Try doing something simmiliar with riga.
    Yeah, they are western. Their big problem is the Ottomans. If they act against you early, you're doomed. But if you get lucky in the beginning, it's pretty easy to turn the tide. And as Riga I guess you need to get lucky with the Teutons collapsing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northcutt View Post
    The simple fact that Georgia lives at all in Vanilla is kinda beautiful.
    Look at this AI Georgia then I converted them to catholicism back when they were still a small country

Well i did not have teutons collapsed - they just gone to war with france for some reason, and when their army was out, i and my ally mazovia, occupied whole their country. Without a single battle.

Formed Malaya with Malacca. I also discovered Europe while I was at it. I'm tempted to conquer a Creek province or two before the Europeans even discover it just to throw it in their faces.

Darkest Hour

My Byzantium game, one of the funniest so far. Year 1438

Defeated the Ottomans by supporting revolts and locking them in Anatolia, then i basicaly drove their WE up for a couple of years while attacking over the strait over and over again while supporting revolts in their back. Eventually annexed them.

All of the territory I have gained in the Balkans/Greece is defected provinces As is some of those in Asia.

Timurids collapsed some 10 years ago and are at war with, like the whole Middle east and Asia. They want to peace out of the war with me, I will do that very soon as you can see that my cash is very low, bankruptcy soon :/. Golden horde is the biggest problem, so far I have given them tribute but they comes back every other year :/

Fun facs: Denmark's union with Sweden is still going strong, but Norway is Independent and actually have conquered one or two Swedish provinces

Also Aragon looks kinda strong but they just got excommunicated.

I just finished a campaign as Austria. I wanted to try out the HRE mechanic from a position of relative strength, and I wanted to see how much of the world I could get without going over the infamy limit. I enjoyed the HRE mechanic, managed to unite it fairly quickly. I had enough HRE membersas part of Austria from start and through inheritance that I could gin up the necessary authority for a decision by releasing vassals, so I could take my time building up relations with members and subduing the larger ones, so I actually only had one member refuse unification.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/benjmn/...365053096455/?

I mostly conquered Europe. I never got around to subduing Russia, Connaught, Lithuania, or the Tuetonic Order. I think Hannover survived on an Island somewhere as well. Everyone else was vassalized or in a personal union with me. I hoped I'd inherit France, England, Sicily, Venice, or Sweden, my biggest personal unions, like I did Spain, but despite killing off multiple kings it never happened.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/benjmn/...365053117597/?

In Asia I never quite got through to China or Southeast Asia. I made an abortive attempt at conquering Japan, but started too late in the campaign and so gave up on it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/benjmn/...365053144995/?

In the Pacific I just colonized. Didn't conquer any island nations.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/benjmn/...365053160695/?

Africa is mine, except for those Danish refugees. They moved their capital there before I noticed, taking away the low-infamy colonial war option to take the colonies.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/benjmn/...365053170760/?

This is why I was hoping to inherit Venice. They colonized South America like crazy and then moved their capital there.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/benjmn/...365053185496/?

North America is mine except for the Prussian refugees. I kept hoping I could fabricate claims or something and get control of them that way, as I was reluctant to spend infamy on conquest of relatively poor Christian provinces that weren't contiguous with my land empire. The opportunity never arose though, so they stayed independent.

I don't know who I'll play as next. Maybe I'll do a Chinese or Japanese faction to try out their unique game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjmn View Post
    This is why I was hoping to inherit Venice. They colonized South America like crazy and then moved their capital there.
    Did Venice switch government type to a monarchy then? How did that happen

Quote Originally Posted by Choccookies View Post
    Did Venice switch government type to a monarchy then? How did that happen
    They did. I don't know how, just that at some point they were a monarchy. If I had to guess, I'd say they lost to rebels, but I didn't see it happen. Then they had succession troubles I took advantage of to force them into a personal union.
    Last edited by Benjmn; 08-05-2012 at 07:07.

+ Reply to Thread