+ Reply to Thread
Page 383 of 659 FirstFirst ... 283 308 333 358 373 381 382 383 384 385 393 408 433 458 483 ... LastLast
Results 7,641 to 7,660 of 13173

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanow View Post
    A-R-E Y-O-U S-E-R-I-O-U-S? How?
    This should provide sufficient explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnbarnshack View Post
    What's your tech at?
    I was full Narrowminded/Serfdom for a long time, but have managed to keep pace or take a lead in tech. (I'm moving the Free Subjects slider now, currently at 0.)

Here's my Ottomans in 1593.

This is only my second game of Divine Wind and I've never gotten to this point before. I'm aiming for WC without going above the BB limit, but I only have 57 more years of Holy Wars left, so I'm not sure how to do it. Any advice?

Some other points:
    I'm making enough money that I can't westernize because I'm fairly close to the "ahead of its time" limit, so I'm still in the Ottoman tech group. Should I purposely drop below so I can switch?
    In a few years the steppe hordes will be gone, split between myself and Ming.
    I have QftNW and a few colonies in the new world.
    How does the Imperialism CB work? As I said, I've never gotten past 1600 in a game before.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EU3_MAP_TUR_1593.1.17_1.png
Views:	35
Size:	387.4 KB
ID:	52547

Click image for larger version

Name:	EU3_MAP_TUR_1593.1.17_2.png
Views:	28
Size:	341.3 KB
ID:	52548

(First post!)

I've been playing this Brandenburg -> Prussia game for the past few days, and it's... gone fairly well. I was planning on forming Germany, but I think I'll save that for another playthrough. Guess I'll have to settle for "Emperor for Life".

I made some minor adjustments to the various tech groups to... make them more to my liking--mostly by upping the tech rate of non-latin tech groups. No other modifications.

My diplomatic map mode...

I... went a bit vassal-happy, as you can see. I even have finland up north vassalized. The Crimean Khanate and Flanders are junior partners in personal unions.

The HRE screen...

Vassalized electors, so I'm the Emperor for life, barring something drastic.

And finally, the world map.

Nowhere near as impressive as most of you guys, but it's the first game that hasn't taken a turn south for me.
    Last edited by Daiyoukai Ramza; 18-04-2012 at 22:11.

My Prussia game was much the same way. As Brandenburg, the only way I could fight anyone else was with vassals, and then I became the HRE. Then two imperial reforms made me hereditary ruler and ALL imperial states my vassals. I must admit though, it made forming and conquering Germany more difficult.

Also, look at all those colorful blotches in the Americas. Is that the Inca in southern Brazil?
    How many boards would the Mongols hoard if the Mongol hordes got bored?

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by MrQwerty View Post
    Also, look at all those colorful blotches in the Americas. Is that the Inca in southern Brazil?
    Looks like Milan to me.
    Want a Record? Come on over to the Europa Universalis 4 Hall of Fame!

Check out my States Mod. In progress though, so it won't be done for a long while.

My Inkwell: Link Here

Feel free to add me on Steam to talk, play, or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by MrQwerty View Post
    My Prussia game was much the same way. As Brandenburg, the only way I could fight anyone else was with vassals, and then I became the HRE. Then two imperial reforms made me hereditary ruler and ALL imperial states my vassals. I must admit though, it made forming and conquering Germany more difficult.

As Brandenburg, I had to use sneaky, underhanded tactics to prevail at first.

Poland fighting the Teutonic Order? Attack the order!
    Poland in a war against someone other than the Teutonic Order? Attack Poland!
    Pomerrania distracted by a war? Sneak attack, then vassalize.

And so on.

As a larger Brandeburg & Prussia--especially after the military reforms--I could afford to be a bit more straightforward. Though, being surrounded by a blobbing Bohemia, a Blobbing Poland, and a Blobbing Sweden (!?) made things a bit touch-and-go at times.

Quote Originally Posted by homy_dog34 View Post
    Looks like Milan to me.
    Yeah, it's Milan. They've got colonies everywhere, ensuring that I'll never wipe them out or vassalize them, because I've been focusing all of my effort on land warfare and just let the dozen or so vassals of mine that have navies handle the seas.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

My current Rajputana to Hindustan game in 1580:

My goal for the next hundred years is to conquer all of Indochina.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Edlar89 View Post

My goal for the next hundred years is to conquer all of Indochina.
    I really need to do another Zoroastrian Mughals Campaign in DAO miscmods, just because I could obliterate all of china so easily.......

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by Edlar89 View Post
    !!!SUCCESSFUL MONGOLS!!!

did they revolt and inherit the Oirats or something?
    Gaijin

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Victoria 2

Country - Ethiopia
    Religion - Orthodox
    Dynasty - Degife Family ( Ethiopia/Bosnia/Naples/Netherlands/Georgia)
    Accepted Cultures - Malay/Egyptian/Marathi
    Tech - Fully Westernized (one of the leaders in land tech)
    Empire - East Africa/Egypt/Israel-Palestine/Central India/Indonesia/Australia/New Zealand
    Vassals - Khmer

Cool things you may not notice otherwise...
    • Denmark use to be Hindu and they converted Denmark to it
    • Riga is a powerhouse owning allot of the baltic and many Indonesian colonies
    • Ireland formed by itself and hasnt had war with GBR in 200 years
    • Most of India is now Sunni
    • Korea is all Sunni
    Ethnicity: Austrian
    Religion: Theravada Buddhist
    Career: Military

Second Lieutenant
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagicka500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Quanfinigon View Post
    Here's my Ottomans in 1593.
    This is only my second game of Divine Wind and I've never gotten to this point before. I'm aiming for WC without going above the BB limit, but I only have 57 more years of Holy Wars left, so I'm not sure how to do it. Any advice?

Some other points:
    I'm making enough money that I can't westernize because I'm fairly close to the "ahead of its time" limit, so I'm still in the Ottoman tech group. Should I purposely drop below so I can switch?
    I have QftNW and a few colonies in the new world.
    How does the Imperialism CB work? As I said, I've never gotten past 1600 in a game before.
    (First post!)
    Welcome to the forums, nice empire.
    So to answer a good substitute for the holy war CB is the Imperialism CB as you gain it against any nation and give only 2 bb point per province, but you have to be an Absolute monarchy or Republican Dictatorship, or Enlightenment despotism to have that ( It's also available for both revolutionary republic and empire but it's very difficult to a player gain this type of government ). So when you can go to Absolute Monarchy to have it.
    you also should use the colonial CB to conquer in Americas as it's also have an good reduction on bb points per provinces, but only to colonies.

Later on it's good to have the Enlightenment Despotism as one of it's bonus it's a sweet -0,25 infamy per year.
    and to finish your conquer you can choose the Revolution and Counterrevolution NI that gives you CB against any country with a different type of Government (Republics if you are monarchy for example).

Concerning the westernization in my late game with the Byzantines i did it in 1640-1650 so you are not so late, if you really want to do , focus your investment in only one tech ( gov is a good one) , continues to mint ,beware the inflation, be DoF and soon you'll can , if you already have the sliders in the right position.

Hopes that's help you.
    Last edited by Roguim; 19-04-2012 at 06:20.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by _anomaly View Post
    !!!SUCCESSFUL MONGOLS!!!

did they revolt and inherit the Oirats or something?
    They revolted from Ming when they collapsed. Later on they gained the Oirats (just 2 non-contiguous provinces) by Mongol Patriot rebels.

hey there! finished my 3rd game of dw. after i had formed the hre with hungary in my first game and colonzied spain as morocco in my second one, i thougth it was time to play as my homecountry austria. this beautiful borders thing doesn't seem to be mine, but i improved, i have to say. my mission was to simply conquer everything south-eastwards of austria an cause chaos among those nations in europe that i could, or did not want to conquer (france, britain, spain). i am quite happy with the outcome and hope that you guys enjoy the screens.

That's how things looked like when I was starting:

And that's how it looks like now:

Plus captured whole Golden Horde and northern Qara Koyunlu (with Astrakhan) waiting to be colonized

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty II CollectionRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by smeagolthevile View Post
    Great Aztec Republic
    *amazing Pictures of Aztec
    HOW DID YOU SURVIVE?!
    Worst WritAAR series:
    Saruhan-Annexed
    Avignon-Annexed
    Genoa- Done.................for now
    Ottomans- Dead (to lazy)

Quote Originally Posted by lordreaven448 View Post
    HOW DID YOU SURVIVE?!
    I'm sure he had the blessings of the Best Pope in exile.

Game Breaking Bug DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Art of War

Here be my current Savoyan game:

Due to some lucky missions is managed to grew (legally) from 5 starting provinces to 7 or 8, right now owning Liguria as well (due to defection). Bad thing is im embroiled in an neverending conflict with Austria who is also the Emperor, they just kicked my ass, so i had to pay tribute, despite joining the war on the defender's side (Austria attacked Bavaria my ally) and bringing the Northern Italian alliance with me (Milan is a faithful ally). Leading personal unions with Barcelona (orange part of Aragon) and Cilli (red thing bellow Austria).

Tell me if you want a close up on anything.
    While Chosen One in absentia, Temporary Chosen One Of The Exalted Church of YEShans

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Provinces-Mod

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

What is that in south greece? :O
    [22:23:51] <Groogy> Mathrim, give it to me gently
    What Crusader Kings 2 makes you say:
    [19:23:43] <Duke> I just need my damn wife to die
    [19:23:48] <Duke> Then I can invade and take their shit

Looks like Austria to me

Quote Originally Posted by Quanfinigon View Post
    I only have 57 more years of Holy Wars left, so I'm not sure how to do it. Any advice?
    A key trick with the Hordes is to force those who conquered them to release them, then eat them up for free. It can save a lot of unnecessary of infamy.

+ Reply to Thread