+ Reply to Thread
Page 380 of 659 FirstFirst ... 280 305 330 355 370 378 379 380 381 382 390 405 430 455 480 ... LastLast
Results 7,581 to 7,600 of 13171

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

Quote Originally Posted by DDRJake View Post

Forgive my skepticism, but I tried a similar thing as Ulm once and my Infamy was in the several hundreds. Some nations needed to be annexed in quick wars and released quickly which lead to some intense infamy. How did you manage larger countries like Wu(or is that Qin)?

My Duh, HRE reforms for most of Europe and Holy war annexation/release for the rest of the world infamy-free, right?
    I didn't actually use Renovatio Imperii. For the first 150 years, I mostly Holy Warred, using the BB burn from that to create what European vassals I could, while PUing on occasion. I got Imperialism ridiculously early, though, which then allowed me to quickly annex-release most of Europe really cheaply. To manage larger countries, I did allow myself to briefly hold provinces for the time it took to demand them in a peace, break the truce and conquer more provinces - Wu was easier because they'd already declared independence by the time I got there, meaning that I could eat them while also simultaneously demanding the other half of their provinces from Ming.

The other trick I used was a lot of spy abuse; I was able to cut Sweden off from their Black Sea territories by demanding and releasing Krakow, which then allowed me to fund patriots that defected to my OPM vassals Ukraine, Zaporozhie and the GH. Similar tactics worked in Egypt (which Syria had conquered), Anatolia (eaten by Venice) and Persia.

I was careful to keep low Infamy, not taking unnecessary amounts and not racking up more than I could quickly get rid of by Holy War + annex-release.

(Stronger Sliders + Ideas, Unique Missions + Decisions, Extended Timeline, DAO Map and More!)

I'm assuming you also made good use of the NI Bill of Rights for the Liberation casus belli which allows much easier breaking up of countries, no?

Quote Originally Posted by uat2d View Post
    I'm assuming you also made good use of the NI Bill of Rights for the Liberation casus belli which allows much easier breaking up of countries, no?
    Largely unnecessary when I can just demand the provinces and release them myself.

(Stronger Sliders + Ideas, Unique Missions + Decisions, Extended Timeline, DAO Map and More!)

EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by mejla View Post
    ah, very nice norway indeed, piri.
    what about tech?
    Thanks, I had unlocked everything and was one of the leading tech nations.
    "We do not surrender, we win or die" ~Omar Al-Mukhtār

Ok, so I finally finished my Portuguese campaign all the way to the end. Bloody terrible exercise in patience I can tell you that but anyway, screenies!

National Map:

World Map:

To save you the effort my full list of Vassals was:
    Ireland
    Granada
    Sicily
    Kingdom of Jerusalem
    Hindustan
    Venezuela
    Colombia
    UPCA

I managed to do quite a number on the cultural conversion but unfortunately didn't get all of it.

However, I did get it all done with the buildings.

Ignoring of course Taodeni in the middle. I only colonised it at the end because before that I preferred how my name was on the map without it.

Among my many awesome vassals though was the jewel in the crown; a catholic Hindustan!

Also as a fun additional note, down in SE Asia:

Yes, that is Scandinavian Asia, with 2 provinces culturally assimilated to Danish.

Fun Facts:
    Ming is a terrifying opponent, thus far the only enemy to ever force me into full-retreat.
    Scandinavia formed in 1812 by Denmark - just snuck in there.
    Poland has been almost exactly that size since about 1550....
    That's Burgundian France.
    Aztec and Inca are both westernised..

And lastly, LOL at the Americas:

What do you think?
    Last edited by MasterOfGrey; 14-04-2012 at 15:16.
    "It's a history game. History was tedious. History did not encourage world domination." - forums user V1ribus

List of CK2 Traits: Grey Eminence; Poet; Homosexual, Genius, Humble, Ambitious, Gregarious, Honest, Paranoid, Cynical, Proud, Slothful, Lustful
    (Yes I know humble and proud are opposites.)

Modern Psycho-General CivandEUIII's Avatar
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I think Haiti and Canada got lost and that's it.
    (Just kidding, nice job)

Also hugely relieved this did not end with the report "The Three Mountains achievement broken. Steps to reproduce: ..." - Rufo
    "I pity the fool who has to fill out 272 years of Indian history." - Cuthuthulu
    "
    (Wouldnt Hitler look much friendlier with curls and that silly mustache shaved off?)" - podcat
    "
    This ascii art is terrible." - Jacob Braughton on titin

Taiwan was colonised by Persia, so that'd be them.
    Thanks CivandEUIII.
    "It's a history game. History was tedious. History did not encourage world domination." - forums user V1ribus

List of CK2 Traits: Grey Eminence; Poet; Homosexual, Genius, Humble, Ambitious, Gregarious, Honest, Paranoid, Cynical, Proud, Slothful, Lustful

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

A test game of Burgundys Effectiveness as a Unending Pool of Conquest:

Yes. I JUST got in PU with Austria and France within months of each other. As you can see I was cleaning up my new Lotaringian borders when it hit me like a sack of rocks. Now Im dropping 2 army's of 10k to get ahead of Austria in MP so I can control/Inherit it one day. Other notables. A Byzantium that no one is at war with that has NO standing army! D&T 5.5 for this picture.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

All within 20 years?? Philippe the Bold was a good ruler, but not that good!
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Arakhor View Post
    All within 20 years?? Philippe the Bold was a good ruler, but not that good!
    Right now im at peace because I will simply lose 5 stab if I attack anyone for the next 4ish years. I have endlessly warred since day 1. Allied up with Austria to prevent france from trying to eat me early, took it on later when it was weakened by Bohemia and a half dozen other HRE states under trade rights and got 2 chunks. Also ive recently annexed Provence so im just sitting for the next 4 years....waiting.....

France 1821. Ended with 35 badboy and constant revolts, but managed to defeat Austria and Brabant and also Spain, Portugal and England in colonial wars. Poland, Lithuania, Ukraine and most of the southern HRE and Italian states are my vassals. How to take a map with only my country and its vassals?

Byzantine.Hellenistic.Ottoman.Sogdian

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

How to take a map with only my country and its vassals?
    Shift-F12, if I remember correctly.

That's a nice Lotharingia, gonna be awesome when you inherit those.

That France isn't too shabby either.

Quick question though - forgot to ask this before. Does anyone know if it's possible to convert a D&T 3.4 game into something playable in V2?

Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    so pretty! :love:
    Byzantine.Hellenistic.Ottoman.Sogdian

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Oh, good grief! Please spoiler massive quotes!
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSengoku

Quote Originally Posted by canomer View Post
    turkey 1491

The accuracy, it burns!!!!

update.

I think im done with this game personally. Im too powerfull for anything in the HRE to revolt from me. Final opinion: Burgundy when played by a player can be uber rape.

Ship Simulator Extremes

Nice but very much shows the reason I've taken to playing more interesting games with specific goals rather than just painting the map these days.

I prefer to make beautiful looking borders.

+ Reply to Thread