+ Reply to Thread
Page 328 of 659 FirstFirst ... 228 253 278 303 318 326 327 328 329 330 338 353 378 403 428 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,560 of 13170

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

Temporary Chosen One DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

After some serious butt-kicking, finally Ottomans are being reduced to a more manageable size:

I got jumped by Turks some 10 years before that screen shot, which wasnt so bad in itself, if they handnt dragged in half of the Muslim world with them. Fighting 3 front (Ottomans, Golden Horde + 16k invasions from N.Africa) war was bloody hard, Turks alone invaded with 100k troops, we both just got lvl 18 troops, the rest of the gang was using outdated stuff, but still i lost over 60k troops, about 3 stacks got wiped, i dont think ive ever suffered that kind of loss before and lived to tell about it XD
    While Chosen One in absentia, Temporary Chosen One Of The Exalted Church of YEShans

Modern Psycho-General CivandEUIII's Avatar
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

1) what mod is that
    2) who's that in Egypt
    3) define "manageable size"
    other than that, can we see a world map?

Also hugely relieved this did not end with the report "The Three Mountains achievement broken. Steps to reproduce: ..." - Rufo
    "I pity the fool who has to fill out 272 years of Indian history." - Cuthuthulu
    "
    (Wouldnt Hitler look much friendlier with curls and that silly mustache shaved off?)" - podcat
    "
    This ascii art is terrible." - Jacob Braughton on titin

1) The mod is probably MPM, a link to which can be found in his signature.

2) Based on history I'd guess the nation in Egypt is the Ayyubids (or however you spell them).

Temporary Chosen One DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by CivandEUIII View Post
    1) what mod is that
    2) who's that in Egypt
    3) define "manageable size"
    other than that, can we see a world map?
    1.) MPM
    2.) Ayyubids (in this game Jerusalem based Levant-ish revolter state)
    3.) when it comes to Ottomans in MPM, manageable size really is whatever size you can actually beat If they come after you, and youre weaker, youre in a world of pain, much like Golden Horde was early on for my Moscovy, they actually beat me twice, taking about 40% of my provinces.

Sure, heres the world map:

And a bit zoomed in:

At the moment im allied to Golden Horde successor states (since i force released them) but the general idea is to expand eastward, see if i can recreate the Big Game, ultimate goals are Persia and India.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewt View Post
    1) The mod is probably MPM, a link to which can be found in his signature.

2) Based on history I'd guess the nation in Egypt is the Ayyubids (or however you spell them).
    Damn youre good :P
    While Chosen One in absentia, Temporary Chosen One Of The Exalted Church of YEShans

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

So here's my current Hindustan Game
    Attachment 46349
    Why I took so long to form it? Easy, I used a bit rare country to form it:
    Attachment 46350
    I could have manged it around 1530 I believe but I conquered only 2-3 provinces per war and also took great pains to become the dominant country in Europe, I disbanded the HRE by 1480 and only then started to take QFTNW. All in all quite a fun game, but now I have three times the income of my rivals and the challenge is gone

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2

I love it when people use crazy countries to make other countries. I remember seeing a Castilian Malaysia.

My Austrian campaign as a non HRE member.

I have fought, I dont know, probably 100 wars or so. I dont know for sure, I just know that most of the time I have been at war.

my first finished campaign

After I maxed all my techs all I could do was mint so I had an enormous amount of money and for some reason it went negetive I had to take all 5 loans and it was still negative so I went bankrupt, thats why i have low legitimacy, the last year I decided to go over the infamy limit and annex all the opms I had left inside my empire cuz i didnt wanna take the 4 infamy. and for anyone who's wondering I have over 3 million troops

Quote Originally Posted by hitchens View Post
    My Austrian campaign as a non HRE member.

I have fought, I dont know, probably 100 wars or so. I dont know for sure, I just know that most of the time I have been at war.
    Dat Burgundy!

EDIT: Dat Tver!
    Nationality: Two Sicilian/Irish by descent, American by location
    Religion: Eastern Orthodox
    Ideology: Tradcon
    Issues: Free markets, monarchy, aristocracy, tradition, liberty, inequality, saving the mother tongue

Quote Originally Posted by SamStarrett View Post
    Dat Burgundy!

EDIT: Dat Tver!

Burgundy is naughty. And I will focus on it. Tvers tech is so low I need not to worry. (hah)

Quote Originally Posted by Arakhor View Post
    Have yiou considered playing on a higher difficulty? You've only been playing 50 years!
    I feel like I'll be crushed - though I'm playing on normal.

Also - I successfully fought and beat the Jalayrids as I used my army (and some transfer forces from Italy) to beat their bigger forces then forced my armies back if they couldn't go for the kill. With Moscovy as a distraction for the GH - I managed to grab two territories.

"If Humanity does not end war, War shall end humanity."
    __________________________________________________ _

The Phoenix Rises - A Palaiologos AAR, CK2 -> EUIV

My France-HRE Game, 1 Jan 1821, First serious game:

The World:

My Direct Holdings + My Vassals:

Issues: Free markets, monarchy, aristocracy, tradition, liberty, inequality, saving the mother tongue

Victoria 2

Since those links won't work for Chrome, I'll give you step by step instructions. Step 1, save your picture. Step 2, upload your picture to postimage.org (it's what I use). Step 3, copy the forum BB code or the first forum code. Step 4, paste to your post. Voila, it is done.

Got over-extension so that sucks.

But hey, I've got three of the four patriarchates back. (Roma and Jueda are being Orthodox-ified.)
    "If Humanity does not end war, War shall end humanity."
    __________________________________________________ _

The Phoenix Rises - A Palaiologos AAR, CK2 -> EUIV

Quote Originally Posted by Reddenbawker View Post
    Since those links won't work for Chrome, I'll give you step by step instructions. Step 1, save your picture. Step 2, upload your picture to postimage.org (it's what I use). Step 3, copy the forum BB code or the first forum code. Step 4, paste to your post. Voila, it is done.
    Are you talking to me?

Victoria 2

I am.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Images don't work on IE9 either.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SamStarrett View Post
    My France-HRE Game, 1 Jan 1821, First serious game:

The World:

My Direct Holdings + My Vassals:

Your images are not showing
    AKA TheNewTeddy

Quote of the Month - October (Bad_Haggis) "The ramblings of Libertarians make my political views look coherent."

Follow my terrible Mount and Blade Warband playthrough / AAR

If enforcing the rules to-the-letter results in stupid situations, it means you have stupid rules... and you SHOULD enforce them to-the-letter, otherwise they'll never get changed.

Japan 1486.

After uniting Japan as Minamoto, I PUed and inherited Manchu. They split off again from Korea. Since I dont get any Colonists through religion its a relief to have weak Hordes at the doorstep (Oreo-Cookies or something like that).
    Went to Taiwan as Minamoto (chose CV as first NI for a time), took Okinawa, then as Japan went to the north and south (Sulu, Pose).
    As soon as I had Trade 7 switched to QFTNW and went to Africa, kicked Mutapa (which owned every east african Province I now own), from there to Oyo (my Westernization province), and am currently en route with 12,000 brave Samurai, to accomplish what Japan managed not in WWII (taking Mexico *g*)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	JAPAN2.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	595.2 KB
ID:	46375

Notable things:
    Timurids weakened the Ottomans (now wiped out by Venice), before crumbling through revolutions
    Denmark spread out like the measles in the east sea, before connecting its provinces together... somehow
    Castille has taken posessions in many european regions
    Malacca was down to OPM, before recuperating and taking revenge
    Englad was strong, then weak, went strong again (almost took entire british island), and is now again weak
    Mamluks had similar up and downs...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	JAPAN1.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	906.6 KB
ID:	46374

And does anyone know, why I cant adopt imperial administration? I am an Empire, but my government is Feudal monarchy.

Oriental tech and higher i believe

+ Reply to Thread