+ Reply to Thread
Page 299 of 659 FirstFirst ... 199 224 249 274 289 297 298 299 300 301 309 324 349 374 399 ... LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,980 of 13170

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

So I just united Japan as the Emperor. As in the OPM that has no diplomatic options with anyone.

(this province was the last stronghold of the Shoguns)

I was half-expecting the Shogunate to not dissolve, which would've put me in a quite interesting spot, utterly unable to conduct war.

Thank god for the "Trading in Spices" bonus, would've been so much harder without. Also would've been impossible had Korea not randomly decided to invade and then white peace out; that distracted Minamoto long enough for me to collapse their country.

Quote Originally Posted by qoou View Post
    So I just united Japan as the Emperor. As in the OPM that has no diplomatic options with anyone.

I was half-expecting the Shogunate to not dissolve, which would've put me in a quite interesting spot, utterly unable to conduct war.

Thank god for the "Trading in Spices" bonus, would've been so much harder without. Also would've been impossible had Korea not randomly decided to invade and then white peace out; that distracted Minamoto long enough for me to collapse their country.
    So the secret is to get a country to invade Japan, then have a daimyo collapse and let provinces align themselves to you?

Quote Originally Posted by DeutschKirby View Post
    So the secret is to get a country to invade Japan, then have a daimyo collapse and let provinces align themselves to you?
    No, not really, that was just the last step.

The secret is that, apparently, when a same-culture country collapses and a patriot funded by you happens to be walking through said country, you automatically get 4 of their provinces. 4 provinces, no matter what.

I had no idea anything like this mechanic even existed and only found about it through a huge stroke of luck. The daimyos split into two alliances: Fujiawara-Minamoto and Taira-Tachibana. Taira got torn apart pretty quickly and lost a province to each of Fuj/Min and Fujiwara got invaded by Tachibana so I took the opportunity to Sponsor Patriots on the province Fuj took from Tai. I originally was just going to take that coastal province and bide my time, but the patriot rebels happened to wander into Taira. A few days later I found myself with 4 extra provinces. I proceeded to abuse this by making everyone collapse to pretenders several times.

I needed an external invasion because Minamoto was the only daimyo that didn't get crippled by war exhaustion and there was no way I could sponsor enough rebels to kill their 12-stack. Fortunately Korea helped out there.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

So here is my Prussia game. Now most start as Brandenburg or the Teutonic Order. I started as Pommerania. One of the most significant acheivements I've had in this EUIII, period, is that in this game I held the emperorship from about the 1430s to the early 1500s. I lost it when all that crap with the Reformation started. All in all I had eight emperors. Another interesting thing is that for the past 185+ years only Bohemia and I, as Pommerania, have shared the emperorship, with the exception of a brief bout under the rule of the Austrians, who are now a crushed shadow of their former selves.

So here is the world map. Yeah shoot me for it's chaos. Novgorod is a goddamned monster. They've effectively halted Polish expansion. Soon Poland will be crushed by the Bohemian-Prussian Alliance (and affiliated company). Also Bihar has expanded quite well and I believe Vijayanagar formed Hindustan, but I am unsure. Another interesting thing is that the Polish-Lithuanian PU is strong and intact. Yet no annexation has taken place.

Here is a look at my European possessions. I recently conquered Southern Sweden. And yes, I do own that little bit of grey in the British Isles. Some interesting facts. Dauphine is doing well. The Pope conquered lands from Norway way up north. Burgundy is alive. Bavaria has expanded quite well. Austria has been destroyed and its former lands have changed hands between different nations numerous times. Oh, and the Balkans are a mess.

Here are my possessions in West Africa. My CoT in Cayor is quite wealthy and stretches across the Atlantic to Mexico.

Here are my possessions in Southern Africa. Sweden, one of my many enemies, is next door to the North (Kongo) and the east.

Here is Prussian Mexico. I vassalized the Aztecs early on, not wanting to divide my colonies between those in central Mexico and those in the Yucatan. I also vassalized the Huastec, but canceled it. I wanted to invade and conquer them. Then a regency came (which is now over). I've lost interest in conquering them, though. My energy has been focused on Sweden. Along the East Coast of the RL United States, the Danes have gained significant possessions both there and in Southern Quebec. The British own East Quebec and Newfoundland. They also conquered the New England provinces from Aragon. I know, weird. Oh, and South America is a mess. And the Pope has colonized a few islands in the Caribbean in the name of Catholicism.

All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness.
    ~Mark Kennedy~

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

^ Nice game. So what are your future goals? Do you intend to form Germany, like every single other person who plays a Prussian game? :P

Quote Originally Posted by qoou View Post

Extremely awesome, good sir.

On a different note, has anyone ever had the HRE function disappear when your female heir took over? As in I was HRE for quite a while, but had not yet passed the reform to make the title hereditary. Then Jean became my queen, and the HRE button on the side disappeared and the HRE is now lead by rebels. Apparently. Is there any way to reverse this, or just load an earlier save?

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty 2March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
    Extremely awesome, good sir.

On a different note, has anyone ever had the HRE function disappear when your female heir took over? As in I was HRE for quite a while, but had not yet passed the reform to make the title hereditary. Then Jean became my queen, and the HRE button on the side disappeared and the HRE is now lead by rebels. Apparently. Is there any way to reverse this, or just load an earlier save?
    That happens often. No way to reverse it.

Deus VultDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k club

Blog Entries
    I remember my Pommerania to Prussia to Germany game. At worst, Poland beat me and I had one province left and was vassalized. At Best, I controlled all of Germany, Italy, France, Iberia, and East Europe.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Yammka View Post
    ^ Nice game. So what are your future goals? Do you intend to form Germany, like every single other person who plays a Prussian game? :P
    Nope. The sanctity of the Pommeranian and Prussian identity will not be soiled in name by the likes of those beer drinking Bavarians or barbarianistic Saxons. They will suppressed and oppressed. But first my Polish enemies must feel the wrath of my mighty empire.

All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness.
    ~Mark Kennedy~

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

^ XD. Very nice.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

I think I will indulge myself in a typical Prussia--->Germany game, instead. One game as the Kingdom of (P)Russia satiated my needs for Teutonic weirdness.

For now, at least.

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Interesting Trierblob I've never seen before.

Update on my Leinster > Ireland game:

This was my first game and I pretty much just wanted to see how powerful I could get. Made loads of mistakes, but pretty satisfied with the result. In addition to a horde of vassals I was also in a PU with Bohemia, Savoy and Ukraine (in addition to being the Holy Roman Emperor).

Once I get my first colony on the west coast of North America and settle my wars with the UK I think I'll post my Novgorod -> Russia game. One question is how people are getting the world map views.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2

F12 for world map, Shift-F12 for world map with just you and your vassals. They will be found in the screenshots folder, as will your F11 screenshots.

I colonised almost all of today's USA which was my goal. Another goal was to keep Ottomans alive but they didn't need much help though they didnt expand much. The game now became boring so I though I post the final screenshots.
    I am in peace for about 100 years now, I own half of France but the French don't have the cohones to attack me again as I gained every French province from defensive wars which France always started.
    My only offensive war was against Hafsid because I needed Tunis to form the Almohad Caliphate. Now I spend the last years with colonizing North America and there was not a single war which I got dragged into. I could steamroll Europe and meet with the Ottmans at the gates of Vienna but I lost interest. Speaking of interest - another interesting thing is Bengal surviving against the Chinese dynasties and managing to stay Sunni Islam.

Since my last screenshot at about mid 1500s England is occupied by Cornwall but they don't make a peace deal, nor do English provinces defect to Cornwall...

Victoria 2

Pax Banua much?

kinda off-topic, but what the hell is Banu Abd-al-Mumin? That's not even a real Arabic name, abd-al-mumin means slave of the believer, and obviously Muslims don't call Allah "The Believer".

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Karabas1543 View Post
    kinda off-topic, but what the hell is Banu Abd-al-Mumin? That's not even a real Arabic name, abd-al-mumin means slave of the believer, and obviously Muslims don't call Allah "The Believer".
    Wikipedia tells me Abd al-Mu'min was the first Caliph of the Alamohads. :P
    “Whenever the Germans found the Canadian Corps coming into the line they prepared for the worst.”
    -British Prime Minister David Lloyd George

1 Student
    Nationality: Anglo Canadian
    Religion: Atheist
    Ideology: Social Democratic
    Issues: Pro Military
    Militancy: 0 (+0)
    Consciousness: 9 (+1.63)

Victoria 2

I think it is a country specific only to MEIOU. Never downloaded it so I don't really know.

+ Reply to Thread