+ Reply to Thread
Page 297 of 659 FirstFirst ... 197 222 247 272 287 295 296 297 298 299 307 322 347 372 397 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,940 of 13170

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLead and Gold
    MagickaMount & Blade: Warband500k club

Quote Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
    I never built a navy except for a few ships to stop pirates (but I never saw any because my ports were blockaded for 200 years by Britain, France, Sweden, Austria, Castille, Hansa, Netherlands, etc.) I originally wasn't even going for coastal provinces but they were using them to land doomstacks so I took as many as I could for myself. I can't figure out how to get my warscore high enough to get the rest without invading Europe...
    The only way is to build a navy, every time you win a naval battle you get 1 warscore.
    This combined with all those pesky 1 ship minor ships they send after you makes if pretty easy to gain huge gains (colonies are cheap) without invading europa

Small update on my Granada game. Fully westernized. France turned out to be a peaceful neighbour after beating them 2 times. Ottomans do surprisingly well

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Korsan82 View Post

Small update on my Granada game. Fully westernized. France turned out to be a peaceful neighbour after beating them 2 times. Ottomans do surprisingly well
    I am trying a game as Fez to form Al Andalus, currently my main plan is to unite everything from Fez to the Hafsids through personal union and use the forces from there in conjunction with an alliance with the Mamelukes in order to attack and sieze Iberia.
    "Resistance is futile. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be assimilated into the collective." - Genghis Khan

Quote Originally Posted by eliphas8 View Post
    I am trying a game as Fez to form Al Andalus, currently my main plan is to unite everything from Fez to the Hafsids through personal union and use the forces from there in conjunction with an alliance with the Mamelukes in order to attack and sieze Iberia.
    I am one step away from achieving that. I need to conquer Tunis, then I can revive the "Almohad Caliphate". Good luck with your game, awaiting your screenshots here.

Does anyone know how to get colonists as Granada in MEIOU? There seems to be no NI giving me a colonist bonus so I stay at +0 per yer and cant explore the new world..

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I am one step away from achieving that. I need to conquer Tunis, then I can revive the "Almohad Caliphate". Good luck with your game, awaiting your screenshots here.
    Pretty hard achievment to make though, I have inherrited Algeria and forced the hafsids into a personal union. Now to wait for my inheritance and conquer some of the mediteranian islands.
    "Resistance is futile. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be assimilated into the collective." - Genghis Khan

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Does anyone know how to get colonists as Granada in MEIOU? There seems to be no NI giving me a colonist bonus so I stay at +0 per yer and cant explore the new world..
    You need the colonial NI's (Quest for the New World, Colonial Ventures, etc.) and it depends on the date. You'll then trigger a modifier that gives you colonists in exchange for some penalty, and as you expand into the New World and the years progress, the modifier will change to a flat colonist gain, followed by even more colonists.

Or at least thats my understanding of it.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEuropa Universalis IV

That Granada, I've currently only occupied the southern tip of Iberia up to Cordoba and the provinces along the river. Aragon, Portugal and Castille have formed a triple alliance against me. Looks like expansion will be much harder from now on in.

How do you take screenshots on MEIOU btw?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Up to now I've only played games as western nations, really just Scotland and a very, very, very, bad game as Bavaria. So this was my first game as a nation that didn't start out in the western tech group. I managed to westernize a few decades ago and changed my government to Noble Republic and have just about caught up with the most advanced western nations now. I'm slowly eating away at the German states now while I let my infamy get down (it was at 30 for a couple decades) and then I plan to take on Burgundy (the only real threat left to me) and maybe do a little bit of colonizing.

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Never fight a two front war. Could have done so much more.

My Vicky 2 Chinese AAR ----- Vicky 2 Ottoman AAR
    Nations I have gone Wire to Wire with: HOI3 FTM - USSR
    EU3 HTTT - Castile and Ottomans - DW - Burgundy
    EU4 - Portugal
    AOD - Brazil
    Rome - Egypt
    Vicky 2 - China, Ottomans, and Sweden
    Winner of the fan contest to take part in the Paradox Interactive Convention at NYC 2011

Deus VultDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k club

Blog Entries
    Is that AI germany?

Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zeke View Post
    Is that AI germany?
    I hope so, because that would be awesome!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourLead and GoldMajesty II CollectionSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

Well? I can say "do well" if they are like this:

I don't speak or read Russian, as much as I'd like to, but how far into Hungary is that? Looks like it almost reached Vienna to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Taiisatai64 View Post
    I don't speak or read Russian, as much as I'd like to, but how far into Hungary is that? Looks like it almost reached Vienna to me...
    The little I do understands tells me that the westernmost dark purple is in Bosnia
    Also, according to Google translate, Vienna should be "Вены". So I'd Vienna is the city right under the X, a bit Northwest
    It seems I've developed a habit of posting halfway through writing. Chances are I'll edit it shortly thereafter

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Well it's a historical map of the Ottoman Empire so yes, I'd say it's almost reached Vienna.

That X with '1683' marked above it is Vienna
    پادشاه عالم پناه

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

My humble contribution to this thread. Ignore the infamy, I know it's awful.

Very Easy, lucky nations random (I suck at the game )

Reasons Why You Should Play Any Character in CK2
    Current playthrough(s): n/a, undecided
    generalolaf: 5/3/1, age: 17. No Legal Heir. Religion in province: Protestant. 100 Legitimacy, 30 Prestige, 0 Power Projection.
    Government: Constitutional Monarchy. Diplomatic Ideas (3), Religious Ideas (2), Administrative Ideas (0). 1 free advisor slot (Skill 1 Master of Mint, Skill 3 Theologian). Diplomatic Relations: 5/7 (Alliance; Guaranteed)

""Somehow the Neapolitans landed in Ireland -" That's very poor strategy on their side. Everybody know that pizza goes better with lager beer." - Victor Cortez

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Taiisatai64 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ProneOyster View Post
    The little I do understands tells me that the westernmost dark purple is in Bosnia
    Also, according to Google translate, Vienna should be "Вены". So I'd Vienna is the city right under the X, a bit Northwest
    I can tell you guys that it is not in Russian but in some other language using Cyrillic alphabet - my guess would be Serbian but I could be easily wrong. the map is accurate by the way, with the red line in Hungary containing the so called "double taxed territories" which was exposed to constant border skirmishes and thus did not have solid "borders" but changed sides numerously during the 16-17th centuries.
    [historical interlude off ]

Temporary Chosen One DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Its not Serbian, we use a more simplified version than this, this looks like a combination of Cyrillic and Latin alphabet. On the map Hungarians are called "Ugershina" - we call them "Мађари" > "Madjari", so its some other Slavic language.

Anyway, heres my Russian Empire:

And the new World being colonized, not bad for the current year:

While Chosen One in absentia, Temporary Chosen One Of The Exalted Church of YEShans

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

It's Ukrainian, I think - if I remember correctly, it almost uses Cyrillic, but with an hint of latin alphabet. I instead of и, for example.

+ Reply to Thread