+ Reply to Thread
Page 278 of 658 FirstFirst ... 178 203 228 253 268 276 277 278 279 280 288 303 328 353 378 ... LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,560 of 13160

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

No actually, I did it on my own mostly, even though I had help from Wallachia and Hungary early on, but Asia Minor was just me, going patiently from country to country, closing the Ottomans in and basically finishing the job. Yeah, it wasn't all that easy, but I played on Normal so I don't know if that accounts for anything. I mainly followed the advice people gave me, build the fleet, close the channel, win.

No, I am not using any mod, I looked up how to change the country name on the forums and put the name in. I saw that was how the Greeks called the Easter Roman Empire and I said "well, since I'm already giving Greek(ish) names to provinces, why not do it for the whole country?"

And thanks for the welcome

Modern Psycho-General CivandEUIII's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I assume you changed the localisation?
    That's a nice BYZ, and that's coming from me, someone who thinks there is too much BYZ in this world.

Also hugely relieved this did not end with the report "The Three Mountains achievement broken. Steps to reproduce: ..." - Rufo
    "I pity the fool who has to fill out 272 years of Indian history." - Cuthuthulu
    "
    (Wouldnt Hitler look much friendlier with curls and that silly mustache shaved off?)" - podcat

Yes, the localisation in the in_nomine_text. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by CivandEUIII View Post
    I assume you changed the localisation?
    That's a nice BYZ, and that's coming from me, someone who thinks there is too much BYZ in this world.
    There can never be enough BYZ.

I more than likely should have stopped at 48.00 magistrates. Oh well. I hope my monthly income starts picking up before I run out of provinces, because I've still got tasty Japan to eat and no CB to do it with quite yet.

The same old qoou Always extravagant.
    That is a new record for the magistrates / year You should post it to the hall of fame.

And very good job mate Utterly impressive.
    I am not stupid... just not so smart.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

that makes 5 magistrates a month? lol!
    your capital is in Asia now?
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

Yeah, looks like stopping at 54.00 magistrates would've made me end up with ~25 more at game end. Overkill is never a bad thing though.

My capital is in Asia indeed. Japan+Indonesia is worth more than the British Isles, so having a capital in Asia will net more income at game end. But I couldn't just move my capital there in 1820 because you're not allowed to move your capital overseas. I could've moved my capital to an island in 1770, and subsequently to Asia in 1820, but that would've made most of the world become overseas, and overseas provinces get nasty events from 1750 on. So I went Holland -> Corsica when I got a stability event around 1640, and Corsica -> Asia when 1700 rolled around and I finally was able to pass House of Trade and Navigation Act.

Quote Originally Posted by qoou View Post
    60.00 magistrates
    How?
    No, really.
    How?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Redditor View Post
    How?
    No, really.
    How?
    He's qoou. That's how.

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

Ship Simulator Extremes

How?
    No, really.
    How?
    High level Government buildings. Literally hundreds of them

Κατεπάνω Καλιφορνίας Zenith Darksea's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by BeyondTroy View Post
    Yes, the localisation in the in_nomine_text. Thank you.
    Yes, that means 'Empire of the Romans', though a more common, everyday way to refer to Byzantium (in both Latin and Greek) was 'Romania'.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith Darksea View Post
    Yes, that means 'Empire of the Romans', though a more common, everyday way to refer to Byzantium (in both Latin and Greek) was 'Romania'.
    Well, as far as i know, the Byzantine Empire had nothing to do with Romania

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSword of the StarsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by GoguRomania View Post
    Well my friend, welcome to the FORUMS ! Don't forget to register your games to have access to the Tech Support and other full of advantages regions of the site.
    oh, look now, who is speaking :P

btw I am also interested in how you changed the name of the country - modified the game files? or is it a mod?

EDIT: forget it - found it amongst the posts
    You can call me Dan.

If you want to see my Tripoli (not so) horribly fail... PiRAAtes! Ongoing again. Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by qoou View Post

I more than likely should have stopped at 48.00 magistrates. Oh well. I hope my monthly income starts picking up before I run out of provinces, because I've still got tasty Japan to eat and no CB to do it with quite yet.
    Could we have a world map?

Quote Originally Posted by vasziljevics View Post
    oh, look now, who is speaking :P
    I have a personal problem with someone from Paradox support team :P And the only thing i can do is not registering my games while enjoying the forum :P

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

How?
    No, really.
    How?
    LOL, I simply assumed he modded...
    Rise Of The Second Empire - A New Rome AAR

The Victoria MP community can be found here: Blood and Iron Forums

Member of the Ahistoric Association

Κατεπάνω Καλιφορνίας Zenith Darksea's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by GoguRomania View Post
    Well, as far as i know, the Byzantine Empire had nothing to do with Romania
    The modern country Romania was obviously created long after the fall of Byzantium. It took its name from the fact that, like the Byzantines, the Romanians were Orthodox Christians, and the Turks referred to all Orthodox Christians as the Rum. Also, quite a few Byzantines ended up fleeing to Romania. If you don't believe me, here's proof that the Byzantines called their empire Romania:

"Ταῦτα μὲν περὶ τῶν πόλεων καὶ τῶν χωρῶν ὅσαι ὑπὸ τὸ σκῆπτρον τῆς Ῥωμαίων Τύχης ἐτύγχανον οὖσαι περὶ δὲ τῶν μηδέπω δεδουλευκότων τῇ Ῥωμανίᾳ..."
    Anna Comnena, Alexiad 13.12.11

"Οὕτω δ’, ὡς ἐδόκει, εὖ διαθεὶς τὰ οἰκεῖα, ἠπείγετο καὶ κατὰ τῶν ἀντιτασσομένων τῇ Ῥωμανίᾳ ἐκστρατεῦσαι."
    John Scylitzes, Synopsis Historiarum 18

"Ἄλλως γὰρ οὐ πεισθήσομαι τὴν ἀδελφὴν παρέξαι, εἰ καὶ τὸν πλοῦτον δώσητε πάσης τῆς Ῥωμανίας."
    Digenes Acritas 1.126

There are many more examples where these came from. They're all Byzantine writers referring to the Byzantine Empire as 'Romania' (Ῥωμανία).

Europa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Playing Bulgarian Khanate (green) for 8 years now. Was in war with Khazarian Khaganate (yellow) and in short war with Avarian Khanganate (purple).

You can see Phoenix mods thanks to Google.

the french empire in 1653 or 1654 (cant remember lol)
    king of france, scotland, denmark and emperor of the holy roman empire

guess napoleon would be proud, made his dream come true, invading the british!

some interesting things:
    -incas westernized and now are pretty strong (4 stacks of 30+ regiments each, thats why i dont own all of south america)
    -succesful byzantium altho u guys cant see them lol
    -wanted to make the most of holy war cb so i declare war on hindustan in 1649 and take as many provinces as i could, i forgot a couple of years ago i had vassalized some of the hre members so my infamy was a bit high, long story short, i pass the infamy limit by 1 lol, all the european minors declare war, some minors in asia too and the incas, been trying to be at peace so i can just release some vassals but each time im down to just 2 or 3 wars someone else declares war so im just vassalizing everyone haha, interestingly none of the big countries attacked, only england and they actually answered a call to arms, not worried about WE cuz its been over 16 atleast for 10 year (non stop wars) and still the majority of my provinces have no revolt risk

+ Reply to Thread