+ Reply to Thread
Page 252 of 659 FirstFirst ... 152 177 202 227 242 250 251 252 253 254 262 277 302 327 352 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,040 of 13170

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Brennenburg View Post
    two words , "mare nostrum". protip: its what you should do.
    Indeed.
    "True power does not need arrogance, a long beard and a barking voice. True power strangles you with silk ribbons, charm and intelligence.

-Oriana Fallaci

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria 2Knights of Pen and Paper +1 EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by thesodality View Post
    Here is an update on my Milan/Italy game.

Not sure how to proceed. Should I take on Britian, Spain or finish my conquest in the middle east? I'm also planning on eating up the French Minors but I'm not sure if I'll have the time to complete my empire by games end.

Damn Infamy
    Finish up anatoila. Take Sharizor, Iraqi-I-Arab & Basra in the middle-east. Take Trent. Well you should aim for "mare nostum" as well. (I'm guessing it's about controlling the Mediterranean Sea )

Trent (Tirol) is a vassel I plan on annexing soon. To finish up Anatolia I need to DoW Great Britian. I HATE fighting the British because it always seems like a game of whack-a-mole with them.
    "True power does not need arrogance, a long beard and a barking voice. True power strangles you with silk ribbons, charm and intelligence.

-Oriana Fallaci

50 games registered

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Iron CrossLead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the Vikings

Forge an alliance with the mighty Riga and Georgia and conquer the earth.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Pompan View Post
    Well you should aim for "mare nostum" as well. (I'm guessing it's about controlling the Mediterranean Sea )
    Mare Nostrum is Latin for 'our sea'. It's what the Romans called the Med after owning all the land around it. It's since come to mean that any sea entirely surrounded by one country is that country's mare nostrum.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of coloured ribbon - Napoleon Bonaparte
    All war is deception - Sun Tzu
    All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers - Francois Fenelon
    All this worldly wisdom was once the heresy of some wise man - Henry David Thoreau

did you help that monster Murom? cause its fairly impressive :P

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria 2Knights of Pen and Paper +1 EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Black Gate View Post
    Mare Nostrum is Latin for 'our sea'. It's what the Romans called the Med after owning all the land around it. It's since come to mean that any sea entirely surrounded by one country is that country's mare nostrum.
    Thanks for the info! That was what I was guessing, hah. :P

Quote Originally Posted by wickes View Post
    did you help that monster Murom? cause its fairly impressive :P
    No, that monstrosity formed on its own. I did help Poland split up (what was) monster Bohemia in a series of wars.

-Oriana Fallaci

you should help it grow more make everything either yours, or its, then start WW1

Might not be a late-game empire but still behold the Polish Kingdom..

Muscovy and Ryazan are under PU and GH is slowly being colonized by Polish Kolonists.
    I am also sending regular war subsidies to Georgia because i would like to see a strong Orthodox ally(Gonna take russia so).

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by wickes View Post
    also, pretty big Syria. and monster Austria, have fun with that for the rest of the game
    Austria? Nah they're small fry...

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Cityinthesea View Post

Ouch. Good luck with that.
    All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness.
    ~Mark Kennedy~

At least he can not complain about the lack of an end game monster to fight.

Darkest HourDivine WindVictoria 2

Vancouver BC, Former British Dominion called Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by watly View Post
    At least he can not complain about the lack of an end game monster to fight.
    Considering he has around another 200 years...I think he might have the chance

First Lieutenant heartsofsteel54's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

Castille --> Spain
    Yes, England is my puppet.
    The Presidents AAR Character.
    Carl G. Markus, Senator of Kansas, radical left ideals (☭).

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Cityinthesea View Post

What the hell happened there? Was Bohemia emperor? How is neither Austria or Savoy part of the HRE?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of coloured ribbon - Napoleon Bonaparte
    All war is deception - Sun Tzu
    All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers - Francois Fenelon
    All this worldly wisdom was once the heresy of some wise man - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Black Gate View Post
    What the hell happened there? Was Bohemia emperor? How is neither Austria or Savoy part of the HRE?
    The AI tends to fragment after forming the HRE, but I assume it wasn't that since they are not having rebel issues. It's more likely that Austria and Savoy split off when Bohemia tried to Revoke the Privilegia.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Badajoz and Zaragoza? I'm presume you're playing the MiscMods Shatered Europe campaign.
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

That's definitely Shattered Europe. And that's the most shattered (Aha, I made it a pun!) Anatolia I've ever seen. Nice to see England beat back the Druids, too.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yammka View Post
    And that's the most shattered (Aha, I made it a pun!) Anatolia I've ever seen
    But there's no Aydin!

+ Reply to Thread