+ Reply to Thread
Page 162 of 659 FirstFirst ... 62 87 112 137 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 187 212 237 262 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 13170

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVWar of the Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by Bronn View Post
    Good luck to you, progress is impressive, i hope you will share expirience.
    Experience? I am imploding with revolts!

I got more than 500 divisions and more than half of them are stationed killing rebels.
    "If a man does not strike first, he will be the first struck" - Athenogoras of Syracuse
    "Force is the most effective and efficient means to do something and the virtuous prince will employ its leverage." - Machiavelli
    "Men should either be treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injures - for heavy ones they cannot" - Machiavelli
    "It is best to be both feared and loved, however, if one cannot be both it is better to be feared than loved." - Machiavelli
    "A prince must be a lion, but he must also know how to play the fox." - Machiavelli
    "I'm the lord of lords, not the server of servants." - Joćo II of Portugal

Darkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by BurningEGO View Post
    Current date, 1567.

You think i still got time to eat the rest of the world?

Oh, does anyone know who i am btw?

EDITED: answer is ryukyu.
    Impressive. Have you westernized at all yet?

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

I westernized later around 1610 but i think it was a major mistake.

I am still 20 years away from a centralization (its 1620 or something like that now) click to do a military reform and as i said, i am imploding with revolts.

900 divisions and i barely got 100k working offensively to gain extra land.

If i didnt westernize i could still recruit maurician infantry. I annexed Sweden around 1590 and started popping maurician infantry like mad, even if at slow speed due to war exhaustion. With full narrowminded/decentralized revolts would be much easier due to lower war exhaustion.

I think this game will end in failure though - japan isnt forming and the ai is just too stupid to form japan. And i cant annex them if they dont.

EDITED: Another reason not to westernize is that Asian Mass Infantry and Asian Charge Cavalry are fairly good troops specially with good generals like the ones i have at the moment. With Najd i had plenty of troubles conquering the world with Muslim Muskeeteers, but Asian Mass Infantry properly backed up and in proper numbers are very very good.

Current game. 1629.

Last edited by BurningEGO; 29-06-2011 at 11:40.
    "If a man does not strike first, he will be the first struck" - Athenogoras of Syracuse
    "Force is the most effective and efficient means to do something and the virtuous prince will employ its leverage." - Machiavelli
    "Men should either be treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injures - for heavy ones they cannot" - Machiavelli
    "It is best to be both feared and loved, however, if one cannot be both it is better to be feared than loved." - Machiavelli
    "A prince must be a lion, but he must also know how to play the fox." - Machiavelli

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    The newest patch allows you to disable the Shogunate and thus conquer Japan.

Happy conquering!

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

I imagine being over the infamy limit (which you must be, surely) would make it incredibly difficult to Westernise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sihulm View Post
    I imagine being over the infamy limit (which you must be, surely) would make it incredibly difficult to Westernise.
    The only issue was regarding stability. Each stability point costed me about 60k-100k i think.

Sometimes i decided to save and reload to prevent stability hits from events.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningEGO View Post
    I westernized later around 1610 but i think it was a major mistake.

I am still 20 years away from a centralization (its 1620 or something like that now) click to do a military reform and as i said, i am imploding with revolts.

900 divisions and i barely got 100k working offensively to gain extra land.

If i didnt westernize i could still recruit maurician infantry. I annexed Sweden around 1590 and started popping maurician infantry like mad, even if at slow speed due to war exhaustion. With full narrowminded/decentralized revolts would be much easier due to lower war exhaustion.

I think this game will end in failure though - japan isnt forming and the ai is just too stupid to form japan. And i cant annex them if they dont.

EDITED: Another reason not to westernize is that Asian Mass Infantry and Asian Charge Cavalry are fairly good troops specially with good generals like the ones i have at the moment. With Najd i had plenty of troubles conquering the world with Muslim Muskeeteers, but Asian Mass Infantry properly backed up and in proper numbers are very very good.

Current game. 1629.
    *snip*
    Why can't you recruit maurician infantry?? I thought you could always recruit other nations infantry as long as you have land with their core on it.

How to be successful as Navarra 101:

I became a vassal of Castille at the start of the game, spent all my massive trade income to rush to 7 trade tech for Quest for the New World, and own a massive piece of land in North America in the year 1423.

Now when this land cores in 50 years I can colonize all the way to Mexico in the year 1473 and then annex Mexico with all it's rich lands and move my capitol to America.

Played like this Navarra is actually one of the more powerful European countries, even though your nation only has 4,000 inhabitants. Funnily enough at the height of my crusade I had twice as many mercenaries as my nation had people, good thing mercenaries can't rebel

Heir to the ThroneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Otto I, HRE View Post
    How to be successful as Navarra 101:

I became a vassal of Castille at the start of the game, spent all my massive trade income to rush to 7 trade tech for Quest for the New World, and own a massive piece of land in North America in the year 1423.

Now when this land cores in 50 years I can colonize all the way to Mexico in the year 1473 and then annex Mexico with all it's rich lands and move my capitol to America.

Played like this Navarra is actually one of the more powerful European countries, even though your nation only has 4,000 inhabitants. Funnily enough at the height of my crusade I had twice as many mercenaries as my nation had people, good thing mercenaries can't rebel
    I don't know why but it looks very familiar to me

I do with Irish minors what you did with Navarra. Except if you grab only Yamasee, sometimes a mission fires where you can take Muskegee, Apalachee, or Pensacola and get a core on them. That way you can actually get a core in New World pre 1430. Then mint like crazy to get 1k ducats to move capital. In a game where Portugal gets cannibalized by Castille you might have 50 or 60 years of colonizing all to yourself.
    Last edited by shevchenko65; 30-06-2011 at 03:21.

Yeah did the same thing with Brittany once. Really not such a bad option when you're failing in Europe =D

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quite proud of this one. Work in progress. Beating land out of Castille/France. I was thinking about forming Spain but the gold colour is prettier than yellow IMHO.

So is taking the new world as navarra the new common thing to do or something?

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I posted it because of the other one. I've been playing Navarra and Byzantium

Quote Originally Posted by Selukon View Post
    So is taking the new world as navarra the new common thing to do or something?
    That's the hot thing today, dude...
    Is there any moment in history where a country attacks another country because their allied with a country that is at war with a country that is the first countries ally?

Nationality: Ashkenazi
    Religion: Agnostic
    Ideology: Social-liberal
    Issues: Secularism, anti-militarism, Interventionism, full citizenship.
    Cash Reserves: N/A
    Revolt Risk: 50%
    Militancy: 3
    Consciousness: 10

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoet View Post
    Yeah did the same thing with Brittany once. Really not such a bad option when you're failing in Europe =D
    did it with Brittany , but i didn't lose my european possessions (half of France by the time I grabbed America ..)
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Psh. You people just don't wanna try it with Athens so you use Navarra instead. ;D

Regardless, I've found Navarra can be more difficult in recent times as you are automatically put into your Overlord's wars. Might be because I switched to it from Austria (was playing a von Habsburg game, not an Austria game)

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoet View Post
    Why can't you recruit maurician infantry?? I thought you could always recruit other nations infantry as long as you have land with their core on it.
    I didnt mean that. I meant that i could recruit maurician infantry even if i didnt westernize, so there is little to no point in westernizing during a WC.

All the centralization/innovativeness kills you with revolts, so its probably better not to westernize and get as decentralized/narrowminded as possible.

Champa 1821

I started off by immediately annexing Khmer or Sukothai (or both, I don't remember). There were a lot of revolts in the first 100 years, and the worst part of them was all the ping-ponging. All of the Asian territory is cored except Japan which I didn't think I was able to completely take at first, but then decided to in the last 50 years.

I gotta say, I loved it when I switched to the western tech group. It was like turbo tech mode just activated.
    "Write a wise saying and your name will live forever" -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Da-V-Man View Post
    Champa 1821

I started off by immediately annexing Khmer or Sukothai (or both, I don't remember). There were a lot of revolts in the first 100 years, and the worst part of them was all the ping-ponging. All of the Asian territory is cored except Japan which I didn't think I was able to completely take at first, but then decided to in the last 50 years.

I gotta say, I loved it when I switched to the western tech group. It was like turbo tech mode just activated.
    Are you happy that you disbanded the Shogunate.
    How did it feel.
    And Netherlands in modern day borders!

+ Reply to Thread