+ Reply to Thread
Page 142 of 656 FirstFirst ... 42 67 92 117 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 167 192 217 242 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 13112

Thread: Post your (DW) Empire

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by aliquidparadigm View Post
    The Discordian calendar disagrees with you.
    Read this:
    Anno Domini - Latin for The Year Of Our Lord - used in the Gregorian Calendar to refer to the current era.
    The Gregorian calender is much more widely used, and known, than the Discordian Calender, one I might add I've never heard of.
    All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness.
    ~Mark Kennedy~

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur II
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Scafeld, Hallamscir, Jorvíkscir, Englaland
    Quote Originally Posted by Qymaen View Post
    Read this:

The Gregorian calender is much more widely used, and known, than the Discordian Calender, one I might add I've never heard of.
    It's a (somewhat serious) parody of religion.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discordianism
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discordian_calendar

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    March of the EaglesVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Impressive, I've always wanted to do something with Epirus.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event
    Europa Universalis IV

Qara Koyunlu--Persia

Took the liberty of changing my tech to moslim and government to despotic monarchy when I switched to Persia as I didn't want to play a Theocracy. Was a genuinely challenging game. Spain and France of course came calling, the latter being a threat until they collapsed. Those were some downright frustrating wars. I think they called their allies in 2 or 3 times when the 5 year truce was up for them after they WP'd out. Thought about taking out India but the Steppe took most of my attention.
    "Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word." -- John Steinbeck
    "If Game 6(of the Baseball World Series) were in my bedroom I'd sleep in the kitchen." -- Beano Cook
    Witness to the soul crushing of 85,648 Nebraskans.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Qymaen View Post
    Obscure references are not invalided by their obscurity.
    I don't own a gun because I am a responsible drug user; you don't want guns and mushrooms on the same playing field.

Emperor of Outremer TheCheeseMaster's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by LordLeto View Post
    snip
    You're the only Persia in this thread that didnt take India
    "I haven't had this much sex since I was a boy scout leader, I mean, at the time, I was dating alot"
    - Lt. Frank Drebin

My AARs at the inkwell

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yammka View Post
    To those who were wondering about Badajoz, on the previous page, this is Europe at the very start of the game.

Just about everything that can be broken up, is broken up. Such is the nature of Shattered Europe. >.>
    What about Hamburg and Styria? Crakow? Byzanthium? Does Estonia really exists? Zaragoza instead of Aragon or Catalunya, Seville instead of Andalusia, Badajoz instead of Leon?

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Back to screenshots of empires, please. You can discuss the various calenders in the OT forum. Thanks
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

You're better off asking the developer(s) of Miscmods, Herbert. Although, I suppose I could've done better in explaining that scenario, so I'll post the official scenario's details:
    Europe is fractured and under siege. The infighting of Christian kings has left them vulnerable to outside invaders. In the east the Mongol hordes are moving in from Siberia while Turkish missionaries have spread their faith over the Balkans. Southern Italy is in the midst of religious turmoil as Christian and Muslim Italians cross swords. To the west Moorish successors squabble over the remains of Spanish kingdoms. Meanwhile the untamed pagans to the north seek opportunities to expand.
    Playing as a major Muslim power on the Iberian peninsula or uniting the British Isles under a pagan banner offer some new opportunities.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert View Post
    What about Hamburg and Styria? Crakow? Byzanthium? Does Estonia really exists? Zaragoza instead of Aragon or Catalunya, Seville instead of Andalusia, Badajoz instead of Leon?
    Shattered Europe is a scenario that starts off with the European countries mostly broken up by infighting, so that's why Byzantium probably doesn't exist and Iberia is still dominated by Muslims.

Anyway, here's my completed Karaman game:

Some weird things happened in this game:
    -The Netherlands formed on their own (I'm so proud)
    -Japan was almost united (Which never ever happens in my games)
    -The Papal States dominates Italy, and had a lot more holdings in Africa until I got the cultural liberation CB (or something along those lines) and kicked them out.
    -The Americas are completely empty, except for the natives and three or four of my own colonies. I really don't know what happened, I guess Portugal and GB were too busy getting their asses handed to them by me, and Castille was being eaten by France.
    -Korea was huge, but collapsed =[
    -I was insanely lucky, as neither the Ottomans nor the Mamluks seemed to be interested in killing me off early on...fine by me, look where it got me!
    -Even though there was no colonisation in the Americas whatsoever, there is a landlocked Animist Brazil in Africa...seriously?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by UnitRico View Post
    Shattered Europe is a scenario that starts off with the European countries mostly broken up by infighting, so that's why Byzantium probably doesn't exist and Iberia is still dominated by Muslims.

-The Papal States dominates Italy, and had a lot more holdings in Africa until I got the cultural liberation CB (or something along those lines) and kicked them out.
    -The Americas are completely empty, except for the natives and three or four of my own colonies. I really don't know what happened, I guess Portugal and GB were too busy getting their asses handed to them by me, and Castille was being eaten by France.
    -I was insanely lucky, as neither the Ottomans nor the Mamluks seemed to be interested in killing me off early on...fine by me, look where it got me!
    -Even though there was no colonisation in the Americas whatsoever, there is a landlocked Animist Brazil in Africa...seriously?
    Nice done!
    but what year is it? there are no colonies in america (exept 2 in SA)

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

It's January 1st 1821. I have no idea why the Europeans didn't have any interest in colonising the Americas, Castille was too busy getting nom'd on by France, and Great Britain and Portugal had some holdings in North Africa, but, you know, I kicked them out. Portugal, Milan and the Papal States did colonise Africa and parts of Asia, but never the Americas...heck, the only colonies there are over there (I think 3 or 4, even) are mine.

Quote Originally Posted by UnitRico View Post

Portugal completely skipped America but did colonize Japan and Siberia lol

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2

I present to you: The truly united states of Am.... eh I present Portugal.

I assume it's been done a thousand times before, and I could probably have done it a good 50-100 years earlier if I hadn't been so lazy. Not sure whether I'll stick around rest of the game, would like to see if the colonial revolts become a real problem, but with 400k troops I doubt they will.
    Life is too short for world conquests.

Quote Originally Posted by henrikhka View Post
    I present to you: The truly united states of Am.... eh I present Portugal.

I assume it's been done a thousand times before, and I could probably have done it a good 50-100 years earlier if I hadn't been so lazy. Not sure whether I'll stick around rest of the game, would like to see if the colonial revolts become a real problem, but with 400k troops I doubt they will.
    I assume you let go of the european provinces to put your capital in America? Well, now would be a good idea to take the Iberian peninsula back lol. And the the rest of Europe.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

forgot Greenland
    Imageshack should just die...

Quote Originally Posted by Cataclism View Post
    I assume you let go of the european provinces to put your capital in America? Well, now would be a good idea to take the Iberian peninsula back lol. And the the rest of Europe.
    He doesn't have enough manpower for that

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

If he built some army structures , he can have quite high MP ....
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the StarsMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    Austria in Norway? Wow, never seen that before!
    In my Papal game (HttT admittedly), I forced them out of Europe entirely. They moved their capital to Delaware and made their entire European dominion southern Sweden.
    All hail Richard XI, King of the Mod, Grand Duke of Simcity 4, and Tsar of All the Awesomes - The_Shepherd

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by TheCheeseMaster View Post
    You're the only Persia in this thread that didnt take India
    Guess that makes me special. Theresa admittedly 60 years left in the game so I could do it, but it would only challenege my attention span and nothing else.
    "Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word." -- John Steinbeck
    "If Game 6(of the Baseball World Series) were in my bedroom I'd sleep in the kitchen." -- Beano Cook
    Witness to the soul crushing of 85,648 Nebraskans.

+ Reply to Thread