• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My currenct D&T 4.0 alpha game:

YT6g5.jpg

A few things of note: The Ottomans are getting wrecked by Hungary/Brandenburg and Castille is at the brink of falling apart it appears. The green up in the north is Portugal. I have no idea how they got there. Lithuania has been expanding sensibly (meaning no blobbing so far) but I'm afraid they're on a roll right now.

My Castille-Spain empire. Probably my largest empire ever.

Spain, America, some rich provinces in France and Italy plus a large chunk of Asia and a couple of territories in North Africa.

EU3_MAP_SPA_1820523_1.png

EU3_MAP_SPA_1820923_1.png

Since I wanted to take the whole of America, I crippled Portugal early on . The strategy worked. By the late 1500 the entire coastline of America was mine, since the other usual colonial powers were busy doing other stuff. I also hit France in retalliation (they DOWed me a couple of times for no good reason, forced me to mint like hell and slowed down my colonial expansion). I became Defender of the Faith around the time because I was sick of being excommunicated - with all its penalties.

Once I had America I thought about WC, but I chose not to because of all the rebellions I get when I'm over the infamy limit. For decades I watched my Infamy go down and my colonies core. That was boring. Then I sailed to Asia and Australia from California and Hawaii and conquered some land.

I still have that WC thingy under my skin. I may reload in the early 1600s to try and see if I can do it. Any tips?

Last edited:
don't take much of those crappy horde territories, with 2 15k armies you should be able to slowly nab provinces from ming
(Remember you don't need peace deals, just occupy them for a year).

What are the conditions to be able to own provinces when you simply occupy them for a certain time (i.e. no peace deal)?

Trebizond.jpg

It my look easy but this was made from more then 10 tries. I stopped counting after 10 :) Its on normal with no lucky nations and inflation because in this case it's harder to play with inflation. No cheats, no save/reload.
You really need few tries to see some pattern and learn from them to see what is is the best way to go. When you grab good pattern, then you still need a bunch of luck.

If anyone would like to try, I'll give a few tips.

Trebizond.jpg

It my look easy but this was made from more then 10 tries. I stopped counting after 10 :) Its on normal with no lucky nations and inflation because in this case it's harder to play with inflation. No cheats, no save/reload.
You really need few tries to see some pattern and learn from them to see what is is the best way to go. When you grab good pattern, then you still need a bunch of luck.

If anyone would like to try, I'll give a few tips.

Now you have to PU the Empire and invade Crimea to make a true land connection, and ultimately re-create the mare nostrum

But seriously, that is a job well done

What happened to you, exactly? Or are you just worried about being too successful against France?
Haha, I'm actually very proud of this. I entered a royal marriage with France, claimed its throne, entered a personal union, and then inherited the whole thing.

I read somewhere that I can form France if I'm a French culture and France doesn't exist. Is this true?

Wow, lots of weird posts from someone. I don't see anywhere to report this and I don't have email access at this computer. Shoot.

WHAT THE F**K IS THIS NOSENSE???

Plz, Mods delete this posts, and best also ban it's poster. It is Pure nonsese, trying to look like polish text, but it isn't as it have no real sense. Just some random words, and phrazes, with some sucpicious links. I plea all users not to click on them cause they may contain viruses, troyans, or something you would not want to get.

Is someone who can read polish online to tell us if this is spam or madnes?

This is spam, or worse, someone is wanting you to get viruses, don't click any links it contain.

EDIT:
First few world i could even translate.

Jesli chcialby Pan dac znak ze otrzymal Pan moje podziekowania to prosze dac pozycjonowanie internetowe znac. Na szwadron naszego pulku na stacji kolejowej Plewno uderzylo silne natarcie czolgów.

"If you want (pan - mister - but we use it commonly) give a sign you did acquired my thanks, then give positioning internet know. On (szwadron - not sure how it is in english but it is military unit size type) of our Regiment(here it is nonsense) on train station Plewno striked strong attack of Tanks."

So it is realy nonsense.

This is spam, or worse, someone is wanting you to get viruses, don't click any links it contain.

EDIT:
First few world i could even translate.

Jesli chcialby Pan dac znak ze otrzymal Pan moje podziekowania to prosze dac pozycjonowanie internetowe znac. Na szwadron naszego pulku na stacji kolejowej Plewno uderzylo silne natarcie czolgów.

"If you want (pan - mister - but we use it commonly) give a sign you did acquired my thanks, then give positioning internet know. On (szwadron - not sure how it is in english but it is military unit size type) of our Regiment(here it is nonsense) on train station Plewno striked strong attack of Tanks."

So it is realy nonsense.

HERE I QUOTE IT SO YOU SEE IT WITH THE BEGGINING. PLZ MOD BAN THIS USER. U can delete my post about it as well. I just want to tell you here that is is pure spam.

As someone who google-translated a section of this, I can say that this man is a poet who deserves to be appreciated in his own time, but sadly probably won't. Cudos to your brave, yet delicate prose.

This be my Germany, got it from Luneburg, which I was rather pleased with myself about. I've got France in a PU, so it's all nice and serene, lost the drive to anything else with it though however...
EU3_5.jpg

Whoa, that Portugal

That Parma

That Ferrara

That Urbino...

And Morocco...

Wow...