• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For anything more than 256 colors (EU3 world maps will usually give 100-200 colors) you'll want to use .png, though as .gif reduces the numbers of colors to 256.
So for screenshots, use .png, while for maps both .png and .gif works fine.

Yes, mostly. In my experience, png tends to end up larger than gif for EU3 maps though.

Malaya in 1630. Miscmods 0.72. I've recently finished a massive war vs Portugal and Burgundy that saw the former give me their Central American colonies, linking my NA and SA territory, and the latter giving up a massive sum of money that I've spent going nuts on colonies to seal off the areas I want for myself. Now that's run out I'll have to slow down a bit. Ultimate goal: invade Europe properly and pay them back for the endless DoWs they sent at me while I was westernising (why me and not, say, OPM Makassar, anyway).

6sg8rd.png

-Korea's on a rampage in SE Asia. That won't last once I get around to dealing with them...
-Scotland formed GB, only to almost immediately implode.
-Castille has very little colonial presence because they were Aragon's ***** for most of the game. Only recently have they been able to start. With Portugal wrecked by me and GB by rebels that makes Burgundy and Austria the premier colonisers.
-The Karnataka Empire imploded and now Europeans are coming in and sniping at the pieces.
-Achea has united Greece.

-Achea has united Greece.

That is so.... right...

And upon further inspection... its borders aren't even that bad... I believe they are the true winners of your history book. lol

I just got EU3: Chronicles. Woohoo! :D :cool:

Pretty Awesome Malayan empire, Sybot!

eu3mapfra1624111.png

I am FRA, seems like gigantic 200k+ army war may happen with HRE in the future. I plan to hold all of africa and asia by the end of the game. Screw new world, too fragmented.

edit: also its only 1622... so much time left...

eu3mapfra1624111.png

I am FRA, seems like gigantic 200k+ army war may happen with HRE in the future. I plan to hold all of africa and asia by the end of the game. Screw new world, too fragmented.

edit: also its only 1622... so much time left...

How long ago did the HRE form? That would look like an awesome boss fight, but the HRE is extremely unstable, so I'm willing to bet you'll see the country fall apart, or at least be knee-high in rebels throughout Germany, within 50 years after they unite. Your job, then, is to sit back, wait for the rebel problems to appear, then just kick down the front door and take what's rightfully yours.

Register it to get tech support, beta patch and permission to post in MP!

and permission to post in mod subforum :)

It's quite easy to register aswell, just go to "My Games" in the top left of the forum and scroll down to "EU3 Chronicles" and then just put in your serial/cd key which is on the cd or on the back of the manual.

/Im not sure where the chronicles cd key since i bought complete and not chronicles :p

My British Empire 1639

EU3_MAP_GBR_1639111_1.jpg

This game was more of a test run if anything, was my first DW game and first EU3 game in a long time. For clarification that is Burgundy in Colombia/Venezuela/one province in Mexico and I have one province in India

Another Rome Restauration empire.
I've quite completed it.
The Roman Emperor, member of the most serene Palailogos Family ,
is Crowned Emperor of Rome and its possessions, King of France, King of Great britain and King of Spain, Viceroy of New England, New Spain, Great Consellor and Protector of Amerindian Tribes, Duke of Morocco, Prince of Macedonia,Lord of the eastern Marches and Isles, ruler of millions Souls and True Roman emperor.

here's the diplo view of the east side of the Empire

the west one

the full map

and three last one to show you i don't lie:

No cheats of course, but i can assure you 'was kinda hard to achieve ;)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Do you think you could publicly release that as a standalone modded Byzantium? Personally, I'd love to be able to use that Roman Empire as a unification event for once Byzantium has completed its missions.

Last edited:
Do you think you could publicly release that as a standalone modded Byzantium? Personally, I'd love to be able to use that Roman Empire as a unification event for once Byzantium has completed its missions.

I believe he simply changed the name, color and flag of the Byzantines rather than created a whole new country with a unification event.

i'm playing Devlet-i Ali Osman mod and Ottoman Empire...

First 100 years, I focused on PU & small controlled conquest. 1483:

After I waited for HRE to implode. While waiting, I noticed Naples "literally" was about to unite Italy so I attacked and grabbed their non cores. Then changed my focus first to Italy and then to Aragon and end up owning about all of Mediterranean. In 1550s, I inherited Memluks + Jazi-thingie and noticed India. It was full of moron states so end up owning India after 50-70 years of warfare. 1630:

Currently, the blue blob between my anatolia and india provinces have same dynasty as mine so I'm hoping for PU in future. Nevertheless, my current target is to unite my land and own all the africa and possibly mediterranean by end game. Below map is 1630 again.

side notes:
1) GB was founded but I managed to get scots and irish out of it.
2) If it wasn't for me Italy would happen.
3) I first made Castille release Aragon-Galicia-Granada. Then I grabbed most of Aragon while Castille focused on Granada.
4) By 1500 Bohemia was super giant. It owned historical Poland-Lithunia, Hungary, Teutonic and around of it. Then imploded several times but still strong.
5) First time ever for me to see Russia in any game. Mostly, Lithunia owns most of the Russian lands and I never see Russia. But in this game Russia happened very fast.
6) Yemen owns all the Arab peninsule -rest is mine-. I was able to claim their throne but their king got baby in the next day. :(

My Dutch Empire(Colonial/HRE)
No hacks, default difficulty, random lucky nations.
Trade is might!
The second map is bit outdated by 50 year :S
EU3_MAP_NED_1641828_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_NED_1598919_1.jpg

Me kicking French ass!
EU3_25.jpg

Everyone and their mother DoW me thanks to vassal of HRE(Look @ ducats :)).
EU3_47.jpg

Normady, 1399 start edited in
Or as i call it U.S.N.A
Trade is might!
EU3_63.png

How could i done this without expanding(Expect for venezia, Italian Ambition) in europe...
Normady has 3+ slider to free trade so trading was very easy!
EU3_MAP_NRM_16151121_2.png

Papal State Empire
EU3_MAP_PAP_154912_2.png

EU3_50.png

Prussian Empire(mostly Crusaded).
EU3_MAP_PRU_15341110_1.png

All these games were Vannila