• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Manchu

My 1st game of DW (on very hard) -very much enjoyed the changes and challenges. Never once got into a war with Ming, and kept alliance for 300 years.

EU3_6.jpg

EU3_MAP_MCH_1817213_1.jpg

Europe sure turned out to be a mess. France was once big, until they got kicked out of Europe. Britain and Scandinavia are the two strongest European nations. Finland only exists because I forced Scandinavia to release them.

EU3_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_MCH_1817213_2.jpg

My 1st game of DW (on very hard) -very much enjoyed the changes and challenges. Never once got into a war with Ming, and kept alliance for 300 years.

*snip*

Europe sure turned out to be a mess. France was once big, until they got kicked out of Europe. Britain and Scandinavia are the two strongest European nations. Finland only exists because I forced Scandinavia to release them.
How'd you manage that? Colonising forever?

How'd you manage that? Colonising forever?

up to the Urals and then conquered west. The Finland bit was my only play in Europe, other then holding them back, or kicking out of Asia and East Africa. Also colonized east Australia, Samoa and Tahiti, they never paid off in the end, though none of them had good resourses. Samoa was a debacle, because I hadn't killed off the natives the process went on for a long time.

If you already Greek, change faith to Orthodox. And you can form Byzantium and get it cores.

It's certainly an option, and one I considered at the start. There little point in doing so now just to get cores on Naxos, Cyprus, Crete, and Kaffa.

There's a couple of problems with taking this route as the Knights, however, aside from the most obvious - why play the Knights to form Byzantium, when you can play Byzantium and re-create the empire in a fration of the time it takes you to conquer a second province as The Knights.

The first problem is that in order to succeed as The Knights, you need to become a trading power. Infamy gives you a significant penalty to your compete chance, and if you get too much infamy your economy will tank (8 infamy, the full cost of annexing a 1-2 province minor, was enough to cause me to lose all my merchants in Lubeck, the largest CoT, even with full free trade and both trading NI's.) To form Byzantium, you need to conquer Greece. Greece will likely be owned by Christians and Orthodox countries, which will probably be infamy intensive and slow going. If Greece is still owned by the Ottomans, it probably means they're too strong for you to take on. It's usually far cheaper, infamy wise, to expand against the Muslims and Hordes in Anatolia.

The second problem is that in the long run, staying Catholic is a stronger option. Once you convert Anatolia to Catholic, you start to have a decent chance of becoming Papal Controller. If you can carve up the Balkans into a number of small states, you can force convert them to Catholic, then annex them later via excommunication wars for low infamy. Being Papal Controller also saved me from facing a combined Austria/Bohemia mega-blob.

Last edited:

Current date, 1567.

You think i still got time to eat the rest of the world?

Oh, does anyone know who i am btw? :D

EDITED: answer is ryukyu.

Last edited:
Wrong. :D

Here is a tip - i am trying to do a world conquest! :p

Right!

But it isnt fair to spam more than one answer to the question. :p

EDITED: Forgot to change the name of the screenshot file. That was an easy one! :p

Trying hard to get that achievement indeed!

I tried Najd before, but i didnt have enough missionaries to convert the world. :(

It was so frustrating. :(

Good luck to you, progress is impressive, i hope you will share expirience.

Experience? I am imploding with revolts! :D

I got more than 500 divisions and more than half of them are stationed killing rebels.