• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Small update on my Granada game. Fully westernized. France turned out to be a peaceful neighbour after beating them 2 times. Ottomans do surprisingly well
I am trying a game as Fez to form Al Andalus, currently my main plan is to unite everything from Fez to the Hafsids through personal union and use the forces from there in conjunction with an alliance with the Mamelukes in order to attack and sieze Iberia.

I am trying a game as Fez to form Al Andalus, currently my main plan is to unite everything from Fez to the Hafsids through personal union and use the forces from there in conjunction with an alliance with the Mamelukes in order to attack and sieze Iberia.

I am one step away from achieving that. I need to conquer Tunis, then I can revive the "Almohad Caliphate". Good luck with your game, awaiting your screenshots here.

Does anyone know how to get colonists as Granada in MEIOU? There seems to be no NI giving me a colonist bonus so I stay at +0 per yer and cant explore the new world..

I am one step away from achieving that. I need to conquer Tunis, then I can revive the "Almohad Caliphate". Good luck with your game, awaiting your screenshots here.
Pretty hard achievment to make though, I have inherrited Algeria and forced the hafsids into a personal union. Now to wait for my inheritance and conquer some of the mediteranian islands.

Does anyone know how to get colonists as Granada in MEIOU? There seems to be no NI giving me a colonist bonus so I stay at +0 per yer and cant explore the new world..

You need the colonial NI's (Quest for the New World, Colonial Ventures, etc.) and it depends on the date. You'll then trigger a modifier that gives you colonists in exchange for some penalty, and as you expand into the New World and the years progress, the modifier will change to a flat colonist gain, followed by even more colonists.

Or at least thats my understanding of it.

Small update on my Granada game. Fully westernized. France turned out to be a peaceful neighbour after beating them 2 times. Ottomans do surprisingly well

That Granada, I've currently only occupied the southern tip of Iberia up to Cordoba and the provinces along the river. Aragon, Portugal and Castille have formed a triple alliance against me. Looks like expansion will be much harder from now on in.

How do you take screenshots on MEIOU btw?

eu313c.png

Up to now I've only played games as western nations, really just Scotland and a very, very, very, bad game as Bavaria. So this was my first game as a nation that didn't start out in the western tech group. I managed to westernize a few decades ago and changed my government to Noble Republic and have just about caught up with the most advanced western nations now. I'm slowly eating away at the German states now while I let my infamy get down (it was at 30 for a couple decades) and then I plan to take on Burgundy (the only real threat left to me) and maybe do a little bit of colonizing.

I don't speak or read Russian, as much as I'd like to, but how far into Hungary is that? Looks like it almost reached Vienna to me...
The little I do understands tells me that the westernmost dark purple is in Bosnia
Also, according to Google translate, Vienna should be "Вены". So I'd Vienna is the city right under the X, a bit Northwest

My humble contribution to this thread. Ignore the infamy, I know it's awful.

Very Easy, lucky nations random (I suck at the game :p)

iJAMF.jpg

0JHfL.jpg

AEkAa.jpg

I don't speak or read Russian, as much as I'd like to, but how far into Hungary is that? Looks like it almost reached Vienna to me...

The little I do understands tells me that the westernmost dark purple is in Bosnia
Also, according to Google translate, Vienna should be "Вены". So I'd Vienna is the city right under the X, a bit Northwest

I can tell you guys that it is not in Russian but in some other language using Cyrillic alphabet - my guess would be Serbian but I could be easily wrong. the map is accurate by the way, with the red line in Hungary containing the so called "double taxed territories" which was exposed to constant border skirmishes and thus did not have solid "borders" but changed sides numerously during the 16-17th centuries.
[historical interlude off :)]

Its not Serbian, we use a more simplified version than this, this looks like a combination of Cyrillic and Latin alphabet. On the map Hungarians are called "Ugershina" - we call them "Мађари" > "Madjari", so its some other Slavic language.

Anyway, heres my Russian Empire:

And the new World being colonized, not bad for the current year:

My humble contribution to this thread. Ignore the infamy, I know it's awful.

Very Easy, lucky nations random (I suck at the game :p)

*snip*, *snip* and *snip*
Oh good, so I'm not the only one who uses the Very Easy setting. :D. Anyway, how in blazes did Milan manage to conquer Anatolia? What's the story there?

Historically, the Ottomans did make it all the way to Vienna and were able to siege the city back in 1529, however they lost and were never able to advance any further into Europe after just dominating everything up to that point. There was then a battle in Vienna in 1683 where the Ottomans were once again defeated and at the end of that war a coalition of chirstian nations was ableto force the Ottomans to give up their territory in central Europe. After that the empire slowly started to collapse.