• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
TjGnQ.png

Someone needed to post a empire.

Colonial Dutch game, Capital is still in europe...

My reaction when burgundy got big
Jesus_Christ_how_horrifying-%28n1293125748065%29.jpg

Last edited:
My MEIOU TD game. Milan, 1356 start. Going for a conquest of Italy initially, and then maybe become a colonial power or expand into North Africa. We'll see.

How on earth will you deal with Genoa? It looks like they still have a number of painful-to-get-rid-of Eastern holdings, and you need Liguria to form Italy. Also, nice Magnesia lol.

did you mod your game or which cheat did you use?
I made a ton of mods, but this was a play test to see if the game is still balanced with all of them. Result: reasonably so, considering I couldn't go full WC without breaking the BB limit, which is not hard to do in un-modded games.
Did you collapse into an OPM, go Catholic, westernize, but stay a horde, and use that for massive expansion?
I stayed relatively small (just the general Yuan Dynasty area) until I was able to westernize; when I was finally able to, I moved through Chinese and Indian tech while blasting through what was then Timurid Khazak and the Golden Horde on my way to gaining at least borders with an eastern tech nation or the Ottomans. After gaining borders with Novgorod and eastern tech level--which took about 30 years, I pushed through to Moldavia, got a border with Austria, fully westernized, and waited for a lot of all the new lands to core and to be able to modernize the military. I was able to do all this by, like, 1575, and I repeatedly used the Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité cultural decision once 1650 rolled around, allowing me to get land and government techs 53 by 1680-1690, from there it was basically over. The Revolution/Counterrevolution CB is a great late-game replacement for Holy War.

I don't even - Flanders? French Ireland? Mazovia? What the hell happened haha.

Also, you really need to inherit Sweden, looks kinda ugly with you owning Karelia and such.

That's not france, it's Sweden making the things easier by annexing Ireland little by little.
By the way, long story. Basically Hungary was TEH POPE FOREVER AND EVER and excommunicater every country they could, and by every country I mean Poland.
Then Mazovia revolted and gobbled most of Poland, but then Hungary found funny to excommunicate them too. I exploited the situation by gobbling Pommerania (accepted culture, yeah) and their Teutonic allies.

You need to connect your holdings! Conquer Lubeck and Mecklenburg, take the Lithuanian coast, annex Livonia, conquer St. Petersburg and inherit Sweden, and the Baltic is a Danish lake.