• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Qara Koyunlu--Persia
EU3_MAP_PER_1767330_1.jpg

Took the liberty of changing my tech to moslim and government to despotic monarchy when I switched to Persia as I didn't want to play a Theocracy. Was a genuinely challenging game. Spain and France of course came calling, the latter being a threat until they collapsed. Those were some downright frustrating wars. I think they called their allies in 2 or 3 times when the 5 year truce was up for them after they WP'd out. Thought about taking out India but the Steppe took most of my attention.

To those who were wondering about Badajoz, on the previous page, this is Europe at the very start of the game.
2011060400001.jpg

Just about everything that can be broken up, is broken up. Such is the nature of Shattered Europe. >.>

What about Hamburg and Styria? Crakow? Byzanthium? Does Estonia really exists? Zaragoza instead of Aragon or Catalunya, Seville instead of Andalusia, Badajoz instead of Leon?

Back to screenshots of empires, please. You can discuss the various calenders in the OT forum. Thanks :)

You're better off asking the developer(s) of Miscmods, Herbert. Although, I suppose I could've done better in explaining that scenario, so I'll post the official scenario's details:
Europe is fractured and under siege. The infighting of Christian kings has left them vulnerable to outside invaders. In the east the Mongol hordes are moving in from Siberia while Turkish missionaries have spread their faith over the Balkans. Southern Italy is in the midst of religious turmoil as Christian and Muslim Italians cross swords. To the west Moorish successors squabble over the remains of Spanish kingdoms. Meanwhile the untamed pagans to the north seek opportunities to expand.
Playing as a major Muslim power on the Iberian peninsula or uniting the British Isles under a pagan banner offer some new opportunities.

What about Hamburg and Styria? Crakow? Byzanthium? Does Estonia really exists? Zaragoza instead of Aragon or Catalunya, Seville instead of Andalusia, Badajoz instead of Leon?

Shattered Europe is a scenario that starts off with the European countries mostly broken up by infighting, so that's why Byzantium probably doesn't exist and Iberia is still dominated by Muslims.

Anyway, here's my completed Karaman game:
EU3_MAP_KAR_182111_1.jpg

Some weird things happened in this game:
-The Netherlands formed on their own (I'm so proud)
-Japan was almost united (Which never ever happens in my games)
-The Papal States dominates Italy, and had a lot more holdings in Africa until I got the cultural liberation CB (or something along those lines) and kicked them out.
-The Americas are completely empty, except for the natives and three or four of my own colonies. I really don't know what happened, I guess Portugal and GB were too busy getting their asses handed to them by me, and Castille was being eaten by France.
-Korea was huge, but collapsed =[
-I was insanely lucky, as neither the Ottomans nor the Mamluks seemed to be interested in killing me off early on...fine by me, look where it got me!
-Even though there was no colonisation in the Americas whatsoever, there is a landlocked Animist Brazil in Africa...seriously?

Shattered Europe is a scenario that starts off with the European countries mostly broken up by infighting, so that's why Byzantium probably doesn't exist and Iberia is still dominated by Muslims.

EU3_MAP_KAR_182111_1.jpg

-The Papal States dominates Italy, and had a lot more holdings in Africa until I got the cultural liberation CB (or something along those lines) and kicked them out.
-The Americas are completely empty, except for the natives and three or four of my own colonies. I really don't know what happened, I guess Portugal and GB were too busy getting their asses handed to them by me, and Castille was being eaten by France.
-I was insanely lucky, as neither the Ottomans nor the Mamluks seemed to be interested in killing me off early on...fine by me, look where it got me!
-Even though there was no colonisation in the Americas whatsoever, there is a landlocked Animist Brazil in Africa...seriously?

Nice done!
but what year is it? there are no colonies in america (exept 2 in SA):eek:

It's January 1st 1821. I have no idea why the Europeans didn't have any interest in colonising the Americas, Castille was too busy getting nom'd on by France, and Great Britain and Portugal had some holdings in North Africa, but, you know, I kicked them out. Portugal, Milan and the Papal States did colonise Africa and parts of Asia, but never the Americas...heck, the only colonies there are over there (I think 3 or 4, even) are mine.

EU3_MAP_KAR_182111_1.jpg

Portugal completely skipped America but did colonize Japan and Siberia lol

I present to you: The truly united states of Am.... eh I present Portugal.
Portugal2.jpg

Portugal1.jpg

Portugal3.jpg

I assume it's been done a thousand times before, and I could probably have done it a good 50-100 years earlier if I hadn't been so lazy. Not sure whether I'll stick around rest of the game, would like to see if the colonial revolts become a real problem, but with 400k troops I doubt they will.

I present to you: The truly united states of Am.... eh I present Portugal.
Portugal2.jpg

Portugal1.jpg

Portugal3.jpg

I assume it's been done a thousand times before, and I could probably have done it a good 50-100 years earlier if I hadn't been so lazy. Not sure whether I'll stick around rest of the game, would like to see if the colonial revolts become a real problem, but with 400k troops I doubt they will.

I assume you let go of the european provinces to put your capital in America? Well, now would be a good idea to take the Iberian peninsula back lol. And the the rest of Europe.

Austria in Norway? Wow, never seen that before! :)
In my Papal game (HttT admittedly), I forced them out of Europe entirely. They moved their capital to Delaware and made their entire European dominion southern Sweden. :p

You're the only Persia in this thread that didnt take India :(

Guess that makes me special. Theresa admittedly 60 years left in the game so I could do it, but it would only challenege my attention span and nothing else.

I assume you let go of the european provinces to put your capital in America?
At the time I let go of them I was a bit pressured in a war against England and Castille, I could probably have kept them, but since I wanted to move my capital I thought why not. Turned out to be a good decision, increased my income by a huge margin.

He doesn't have enough manpower for that :D
At half a million ducats (and 38k a year) I could probably get a fair amount of mercenaries, and 5 magistrates a year would see my manpower increase relatively quickly. I'm not sure I can be bothered conquering Europe though, wouldn't make my empire stronger, since it's only tarrifs and I hate "microing", if there is such a thing in EU. It does still sound a bit tempting though and should I continue the game, I may just see how much I can conquer in the remaining time.

Last edited: