• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Getting kinda bored with my zaptec game now so il think il start something new.

I could probably smack great britain around to tidy up my borders but my country is stable and nice and i dont want to ruin that. Im about 12 land techs ahead of everyone so they dont really stand a chance. Just won a war against Castille and mecklenburg and brittany,where i forced castille to release mexico,altough in really wierd place,and some other countries. At the same time i fought naples and great britain but as i had troops in castilles mainland i just walked a stack over and forced naples into white peace so that i didnt have to deal with castille and britain at the same time.

My income is about 8000 and second in line after me is ottoman with their 2400 so no one is even near my income :p. My constituional republic is doing pretty good to have started as a tribal democracy.

21kzcqh.jpg

World is very messy as i havent interfered with it alot until late game. Havent really conquered anything except cores at my borders. Everye other war iv been in i have taken my forces to the enemy captial and then made them release all they can. IM playing world police. Liberation for everyone! pewpewp

35848w0.jpg
Kind of late now but you should have conquered all of North America, then you could have your slogan be: AMERICUH: FUCK YEAH!

Simply wonderful borders.

I'm assuming you ended up with most of the Americas before you sold the provinces.

I ceded Greenland to Scandinavia due to it having cores, they made several failed attempts to colonize Canada after the spread of discoveries, however they were too interested in Russia.

Britain stole the few Portugese NA colonies I couldn't burn with spies (no more natives to rise up ) and took down Cherokee. France colonized Newfoundland and Labrador, losing those two islands to Scandinavia during one of their clashes. Reformation slowed France down a lot though, I was close to actively finishing colonization of the USA to prevent a big red blob with a blue coastal border. Britiain found Mutapa though and spent 70 years taking one province at a time from them, phew!

I owned the Venician horder bordering provinces (now Lithuania bordering) in order to boost colonists. The Dutch attempted to take parts of Brazil, when they attacked France during their brief stint as Emperor I siezed them and sold them to Portugal following the war. Portugal colonized everything from Brazil's "nose" to french Guayana on it's own, then got distracted by Africa.

Alaska was sold piecemeal to France to slow down the British advance up the coast. The non-coastal colonization is entirely AI though. France got lucky and beat Britains troops to the Huron, I'd have split the territories between them to make a cleaner US/Canada border myself, but, silly AI ;/

Just wish I could find out which file I needed to edit so my Indian possessions read "Spanish India" instead of "Asia", "French Canada" would be a nice thing to see too =P

Why is mexico in the USA!! It is possible to have taken over all of america though, and it would have been awesome

Castille only colonized that part of north america as i had the rest of middle america :p and portgual,norway and genoa had south america. If mexico was to pop up somwhere it should be in the spanish area and it did ^^.

Can Poland into Space? Not if the Najd can say something about it..

or The Showdown of Big Colored Blobs :)
Im in process of grabbing Italy, war with Poland imminent, although im first in most categories, as you can see there is plenty of superpowers aroud, Castilla and France having significant tech and naval advantage already...
eu394.jpg

I already control pretty big part of Asia, but Ming got like all of it :)

eu395.jpg

or The Showdown of Big Colored Blobs :)
Im in process of grabbing Italy, war with Poland imminent, although im first in most categories, as you can see there is plenty of superpowers aroud, Castilla and France having significant tech and naval advantage already...
eu394.jpg

I already control pretty big part of Asia, but Ming got like all of it :)

eu395.jpg

Looks like a very solid start for Jihad!

Looks like a very solid start for Jihad!

well, i already made a lots of mistakes - mostly with sliders and timing Tribal Reform - that cost me few years/decades, and i play pretty seldom since Holidays..
But i havent seen anyone claiming Jihad trophy yet and campaign is challenging enough so maybe i will even finish it someday :)

You call that a big AI Poland? Bah! THIS is a big AI Poland! :p
nice one. well, mine... its da biggest one i had in my games so far... but then again, have you seen the size of my MING? :D

Nice work expanding in to Asia, though I have one gripe with that map; the vassals. How do you plan to annex those non-islamic nations that are currently under vassalship?

very easily?
1. release vassal
2. declare Holy War
3. Annex vassal

rinse & repeat.
as of different religion relation malus, i shouldnt even need to insult them before DoW
i already did this to 1 india vassal - they got juicy CoT :)
Only real strategic issue for me now is France & Castille and their combined fleet of 100+ Big Ships, Bohemia's HRE and theirs tech advantage... luckily i got those nice modern arty and inf from Italy :D

My Aragonese Empire, 1730s:

I survived Castille early on by allying with France. Luckily, I was able to claim the throne of France and enter a PU. I then used the French army to conquer the Iberian peninsula. I also claimed the throne of Naples, and forced a PU. Several years later, I inherited France, Naples, and Savoy almost simultaneously. My kingdom had expanded by 300% within a small time frame. It was very difficult to hold onto these lands while the overextension event fired. Once I was able to stabilize my empire, I basically colonized west Africa, South America, and I continued conquering western Europe.

Overall, I think its one of my best empires thus far using a minor.

EU3_MAP_ARA_1733322_2.jpg

Last edited:
Can I ask what you gained?

Not everybody plays to conquer, you know. :)
Maybe he has got a huge load of personal unions or merchants everywhere (I can't see the screenshot, by the way, so this is wild guessing).
... Or, maybe (I know it's crazy, but you never know) he just roleplays it and doesn't wage war everywhere-everytime, without a very good reason AND fair chances to win.

Oh, and Aragon isn't what you call a minor! :eek:
(Good job with those catalans, anyway. Castille somehow survived your union in the americas (and africa)? :confused:)

Last edited:
jihadt.jpg

Here's my Jihad at 1660. Morocco, Pattani, Brunei, Ragusa and Baluchistan are in a PU with me and Montenegro and Georgia are my vassals (they are both muslims). I got cabinet going so infamywise I think I will have enough time to conquer everyone, my concern is that I'm not actually going to have enough missionaries. I made pretty severe mistake in not enacting the sect practises religious decision and I tried to westernise before realizing that with the number of troops I have, it doesn't matter how big a technology lead nations in Europe have so westernising is a waste of time.

Meet my pet, France

I was starting out as a modest Holland after being inspired by that Swiss trading empire that guy posted. I was going around doing the usual only taking provinces that were cores (or soon to be cores :p), trying to keep my infamy low.

Within 20 years I had already inherted a country without a PU which suprised me, so I kept going on getting those royal marriages and here I am at the year 1510 sitting around slowly building a colonial empire and spam hitting enter to get rid of those messages. And what's this? A message about France? Oh shit I thought they decided to attack me for some random reason, BUT NO. I somehow managed to get a PU when they are 3x my size :rofl:
EU3_486.jpg

Couldn't believe it so I took a screenie and decided to share it with the rest of the forum :D

I only played a couple of months after they were in a PU and I didn't get any insults sent to me, but even if they did I could raise up an army with my completely ridiculous income (I'm minting at 0.7 inflation a year, and 2nd highest in tech) and stop the insults.

This is starting to be a great game :D