• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
excuse my noobyness regarding EU3 but how do you get in the HRE as a member state if you don't start as one? That's been buggering me like for ever. Do you just have to conquer enough member states or something.

If you have better than 100 relations with the Emperor, you can have provinces join the Empire individually, if they already border an Imperial province. It's a Province Decision and costs one Magistrate. If your capital is far away from the Empire, you'll just have to make a "snake" of Imperial provinces connect your capital. When your capital is an Imperial province, you're part of it.

Here's my first completed game using Scotland. Not a bad game, although I did learn a lot from it. It did took me around 50 years to get rid of England, then it was mostly colonization while trying to get stable relationship with the countries in Europe (which was more or less difficult due to religion issues).

EU3_2.jpg

EU3_MAP_SCO_182111_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_SCO_182111_2.jpg

vi-Cc3rKO.png

vi-iXUfDA.png

vi-HGhGDF.png

vi-NKDegf.png

Shame how after 100 years even small empires with 20 provinces can field 150K troops. Fortunately all competition in the Holland game is in an awful tech group! I did not feel like fighting them. I like empires in the game, but empires! I was surprised to see a 3 province Austria turn into a 50 provinces superpower and simultaneously see Bohemia lose 20 provinces and being 100% white (Austrian occupied) as we speak. This is not the Munster game where you can see Bohemia as a huge blob. Bohemia turned also big blob in Holland-game and was a sole leader. PS: Ottomans always falls within 100-150 years.

Man, it has been a long time since I was last here at these forums, and what better return post than to show off one of the things that I've been doing since then?

This game was in the Balance Improvement Mod 2.4b(located here, if you're wondering: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ovement-Mod&highlight=Balance+Improvement+Mod)-my first game since it was in version 1.8, in fact, so I mainly used this game to get used to new features in the update. That aside, on to the pictures!

Quick political overview of most provinces:
EU3_11-2-1.jpg

Religion:
EU3_12-2-1.jpg

Diplomatic view:
EU3_14-2-1.jpg

Revolt Risk:
EU3_15-1-1.jpg

That one red province was Moldavia, who I just annexed. They were also Sunni, which is why the province is Sunni.

Prestige Rank:
EU3_29-1-1.jpg

Forgot to check who's #1, but it's probably Castille or Brandenburg.

Monarch+Advisors:
EU3_21-1-1.jpg

Hate that 3 admin so much. Can't wait for his son to come into power.

Sliders/Economy:
EU3_22-1-1.jpg

I'm behind in Trade and Production, but I'm tied for first in Land, ahead slightly in Navy, and head-and-shoulders above in Government.

Military:
EU3_23-1-1.jpg

Yes, I have a relatively small military for how large my nation and economy is, but I make do easily enough.

Religion tab:
EU3_24-2-1.jpg

I still don't get how this is possible in the slightest.

Ideas/Sliders:
EU3_25-2-1.jpg

If it wasn't for the legitimacy/revolt risk penalty from being Centralized, I would be max Centralization right now.

Mission:
EU3_28-1-1.jpg

I really hate these types of missions :mad:.

Income compared to other nations:
EU3_30-2-1.jpg

I'm swimming in the money!

Military size:
EU3_31-1-1.jpg

I have by far the most manpower, and if I wanted to I could easily get the largest military.

Navy size:
EU3_32-2-1.jpg

I could also probably have the biggest navy, too. I just need to motivate myself to build up all of the ships necessary.

Number of Provinces(compared to largest countries):
EU3_33-2-1.jpg

I am utterly surprised that Ming never once collapsed, or even lose a province!

Inflation:
EU3_35-1-1.jpg

This makes Ming's non-collapse even more surprising. SO MUCH INFLATION. It makes my 0% inflation over the entire game look even better.

Pies:
EU3_34-2-1.jpg

Damn you, Muron(or whatever the hell you're called)! I want an all-green pie!

World Map(all countries):
EU3_MAP_TUR_1740101_1-1.jpg

World Map(me+vassals):
EU3_MAP_TUR_1740101_2-1.jpg

I would say that this game is not as successful as my other games. It is really quite disappointing really compared to my Spaachen, Serbia, and even my other Ottoman game(where I conquered all of Italy, quite a bit of Iberia, Central America+a rather hefty amount of North America, along with most of what I conquered in this game). I mainly used this game as a way to get used to the new features in this mod, though, so hopefully my next game will be better.

Last edited:
Here's my first completed game using Scotland. Not a bad game, although I did learn a lot from it. It did took me around 50 years to get rid of England, then it was mostly colonization while trying to get stable relationship with the countries in Europe (which was more or less difficult due to religion issues).

honestly, that is by far the most ugliest world map I've ever seen since the foundation of Jeru... sorry, EU3... :O

good work with Scotland though! :)

Aye, what on Earth happened? O:

Ragusa, the best Republic this side of the Adriatic.
Starting as an OPM with no outside cores, I had to settle for scraps for the first 50 years or so before things began to take off. An alliance with HRE and 'Conqueror of Asia' Austria helped me to survive Westernization, Modernization, and my accession into the HRE (for the purpose of getting extra protection against the once-powerful Ottomans). Now Ragusa reigns supreme in the Balkans, and I likely will not expand much further as I plan to transfer this game to Vic2 and I want things to still be competitive.

EU3_1.jpg

I also have adopted Ecumenism as my 4th NI and with a religious decision have equal tolerance for all Christians

EU3_2.jpg

With my aid the HRE also now expands all of the way down the Adriatic coast. I am contemplating converting to a monarchy at some point to have a go at becoming HRE.

EU3_3.jpg

And the World

EU3_MAP_RAG_158655_1.jpg

Starting as an OPM with no outside cores, I had to settle for scraps for the first 50 years or so before things began to take off. An alliance with HRE and 'Conqueror of Asia' Austria helped me to survive Westernization, Modernization, and my accession into the HRE (for the purpose of getting extra protection against the once-powerful Ottomans). Now Ragusa reigns supreme in the Balkans, and I likely will not expand much further as I plan to transfer this game to Vic2 and I want things to still be competitive.

EU3_1.jpg

I also have adopted Ecumenism as my 4th NI and with a religious decision have equal tolerance for all Christians

EU3_2.jpg

With my aid the HRE also now expands all of the way down the Adriatic coast. I am contemplating converting to a monarchy at some point to have a go at becoming HRE.

EU3_3.jpg

And the World

EU3_MAP_RAG_158655_1.jpg

I like how Austria owns very little of Austria proper XD

I was hoping to start this thread but oh well. Heres my Achaean Empire.
achaeanempire.jpg

Byzantium DoW on me, but Venice swooped in and saved me. I think i may expand in North Africa when the chance arises.

you do realise that the moment you will have -as achaea- all of greece and constantinople your country will be automatically renamed Byzantium right? It's one of those unifications, any greek state conquers greece and thrace it becomes Byzantium...

you do realise that the moment you will have -as achaea- all of greece and constantinople your country will be automatically renamed Byzantium right? It's one of those unifications, any greek state conquers greece and thrace it becomes Byzantium...

I'm pretty sure thats a decision to take. You are not the AI, so it is not automatic.

1. Achaea has Lombard primary culture, not Greek.
2. The decision for Byzantium is optional. You aren't forced to enact it (but the AI is).

Finally my first play through that I actually finish! Here's my Ottomans Empire. I had the HRE dismantled around the 1700's. I've learned alot for this playthrough! I found out it alot easier to leave the horded provinces occupied till you can colonize it than making a peace treaty ever 5 years.

Update: Forgot to mention that because I went narrowminded from the start I didn't get a chance to westernized. So If I ever do play a non westernized state I will try to stay on the innovative slider to be able to westernized to tech up faster. That was my mistake in this gamethrough.

My Empire:
16.jpg

Europe and Asia:
7.jpg

Asia:
8.jpg

Africa:
9.jpg

South America:
10.jpg

The World:
15.jpg

Income:
1.jpg

Love the Ottomans religion tolerance!
2.jpg

Sliders and Ideas:
3.jpg

Numbers:
4.jpg

Advisor:
6.jpg

Cores:
11.jpg

Ships:
12.jpg

Troops:
14.jpg

Last edited:
lECMT.jpg

I was expecting a couple million more, but oh well; I managed to break the display nevertheless.

Edit: Huh. I have no idea how I have less trade efficiency than last time, when this time around I did everything slightly better.
Edit2: That is seriously odd. What part of my math did I mess up so badly.

Last edited:
My very first non-cheat, Divine Wind, Castille game. It is December 2, 1499.
10e3e6w.jpg

35clduq.jpg

I discovered almost all coastal provinces and most ocean provinces (or whatever they're called) by 1490, except the Pacific. Back in around 1450 or so I annexed Mali, giving me a huge infamy of 37 (still at 7.5 in 1499) and causing a huge guerrilla war that only ended in 1495. I have effectively nerfed Portugal to a complete minor (they even lost their COT), and Aragon is my only neighbor capable of putting up a fight. Morocco and Algeria are my beaches, yet they declare war every once in a while, where I steamroll them.

I would suggest finish getting the Greek peninsula, because it'll become nigh impossible in V2 otherwise.