• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Haha. I had a game where the Horde pushed all the way to Scandinavia before the Scandinavian countries managed to push them back. Was fun to watch Sweden and Denmark blow up.

That said, I just attempted a game with Ulm. Didn't bother taking pictures, but I went 100 years and had one province. An extremely rich province with tech levels 10-15 levels above all the other countries, but one province none the less. I couldn't declare war even with a Casus Belli. Every time I even attempted it, I ended up with roughly 40,000 Austrians sitting in Ulm. One such attempt led to half of Europe. I had a stack of 80,000 troops sitting in my one little province within 60 days. Was pretty LoL.

Edit:
It was so LoL I did take pictures.

My great Ulm empire:
Oops.jpg

My LoL:
eu3game2012-08-0418-26-48-48.jpg

Troop numbers:
eu3game2012-08-0418-26-17-90.jpg

Last edited:
yeah my last (first real game I wasnt learning the basic mechanics on) I was Byzantium. The Timurids hurt me real early on so I decided I'd wipe em out. was at war with them for like 80 years slowly pushing into Asia. Eventually gave up and released Persia and Qara Kyonlu as vassals to act as a buffer. I think I should try for the same and release Poland so I can concentrate on Lithuania and Pommerania til I get strong enough.

34r80li.jpg

The Reborn Plantagenet Empire under the King - Edouard (Edward) IV Plantagenet - the Black Prince!

(Also to be King of Portugal, The Lord of the Vassal of Dauphine and all of its Vassals, Lord of Albret, Friend of the Kingdom of Castille, To-Be-Lord of the vassal of Scotland and yada yada)

I'm almost positive that anyone holding uncored territory from the HRE gets an infamy penalty, but at the same time I would imagine you'd have noticed by now, so I'll take your word for it if you say you're not.

That "anyone" you speak of would be coded as:
Code:
any_country = {
                 limit = {
                     capital_scope = {
                            hre = yes
                      }
                 }
}

So any nation a member of the empire experiences the empire infamy penalty, not just any nation.

My glorious Ulmite empire!

eu3game2012-08-0500-31-10-53.jpg

What Empire you may ask?

eu3game2012-08-0500-31-22-75.jpg

That Empire!

Though while normally I'd be posting this because I was proud of what I've done with my Ulmites, I am actually posting it because of the strange, strange map at hand. o_O

You insult the great and glorious Ulm! You fail to recognize the true adjective for the nation, which is "Ulmer"! I condemn you to exile in Ferrara for your treachery!!!

Keep on Ulming!!!

Austria update coming on next monarch death. I've got close to a dozen more states in PUs since last go-round (jesus christ Grand Marshal is OP in the hre), picked up a dozen more cores from Imperial Ban + Reconquest, wiped Poland from the map (except Krakow, which lives on as a Golden Horde vassal) and have reduced the number of independent states in the HRE to single digits. I'd be virtually done with Europe by now if not for England, Denmark and Sweden. Oh, and Christopher Columbus hasn't landed in the New World yet.

Well, Golden Horde dow'd me, I conceded defeat twice to stay alive after killing a couple smaller forces, and then while i was still truced, out of nowhere Blobhemia blobs em up and takes over the one horde province neighboring me. Good thing I'm Blobhemia's trusted ally and new addition to the HRE voting for him huh? Haven't fought any wars with Lithuania since, but the smaller HRE nations like Hansa, Magdeburg, and such dow'd my ally Brandenburg and a brief war with Novgorod where I took Pskov happened. Other than that, a pretty quiet time for the Prussians. Guess I'll wait til the Reformation, make Prussia and have at em.

eu33w.jpg

Well, little update. Dropped the HRE, became Protestant, and allied with Lithuania all at the same time. Then had a hell of a war with Sweden, Spain, and Portugal where I took my core in Pommerania and spent forever trying to get Spain to agree to anything. The greedy bastards, I was destroying them left and right, and was doing guerilla tactics in Iberia all without them accepting anything short of conversion back to Catholicism. Only 3 Protestant nations that aren't OPMs atm - Lithuania, Burgundy, and me.
Somehow, I've managed to become allied with Bohemia again? I kept having the "You can not declare war on an ally" message when I was trying to use an alliance cb to help Lithuania. Therefore, they've lost like half their western lands, but whatever. Is it some sort of bug with Bohemia guaranteeing my independence after I beat Sweden and Spain?

eu34o.jpg

Buttons: Or some Hordes-thing. I've had a friend trying the same thing. He was Bavaria (or whatever german princeling), and after a war with a horde (do not remember the details) he was in an eternal alliance with.. Bohemia! Kinda dumb, because he also told me that he and Bavaria had abysmal relations.

I can officially die happy and it is only 12 years into the game. My goal was to build up and eventually have a successful war against England as my first Hard game.

eu3game2012-08-0517-20-25-87.jpg

What happened here:

I was allied with England. They declared war on Munster. My troops landed and set siege to Munster. I win the siege and force Munster as my vassal. They stay at war with England. I ally with Munster. I am forced into a war against England. I retreat my troops and ships to Holland. England sieges Munster. For the next eight years, England lands soldier after soldier on my shores. I kill around 30,000 English during this time while only losing 3,000-4,000 dutch. My fleet can't leave harbor due to the English fleet, but I hold my lands. Eight years in, England has 14.7% exhaustion and only 3,000 infantry left. They offer White Peace and I accept, knowing I will never be able to actually land in England.

The game says it was unsuccessful war, but I'd say it was pretty successful.

eu3game2012-08-0517-28-44-81.jpg

So that is how my Empire as Holland ends. Time for me to move on.