• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Back with a Holland -> Netherlands game. In contrast to my previous games, I decided to focus mainly on trade & colonization this time around, and I think I've done fairly well for myself. I've started or gotten dragged into a few wars, but have otherwise managed to stay out of trouble. First, my glorious homeland...

EU3_1.jpg
Naturally, most of my homeland cores are highly developed, though I've somewhat neglected them for the past ~20 years, if only because I had some colonies to improve. Speaking of colonies...

EU3_MAP_NED_1604.5.10_2.png
Missed out on Brazil, but took most of the Island in the Caribbean. I also managed to snag most of the islands in the Atlantic, somehow. The Caribbean islands are... decently built-up, though most of their development has been economic in nature. The vast majority of my Caribbean holdings are cores now.

I've slowly been working my way towards the East Indies, as my Southern African provinces imply, and I've only recently gained the colonization range to get a foothold there.

Finally, the world faction view...
EU3_MAP_NED_1604.5.10_1.png
France inherited Castille/Spain sometime... before 1557. After that, they went completely nuts, somehow gaining territory in India. And Persia... well, Persia's somehow made their way to southern Hokkaido. And don't even get me started on England's... hijinks in the Balkan Peninsula.

So yeah... fun, generally easy-going game, but my primary goals--forming the netherlands, monopolizing most of Europe's CoT's, and reaching the East Indies--have all been achieved, so I'm not sure whether or not I'll continue with it.

1472 - My Poland game so far. I'm surprised at the ease of expansion. If you immediately peace-out against the Golden Horde - you buy yourself more than enough time and space to expand - the tribute is *easily* worth it. I dominate trade in all but unreachable Samarkand [I've used every slider move towards Free Trade to get some ducats into tech]. I got a claim on Novgorod, which was an absolute touch. For the most part expansion has come through inheritance/diplo-annex.

Somewhat stuck for ideas now though. I don't really want to expand any further east... Yet west doesn't seem all that interesting either. I think that at the very least I'll have to disembowel Austria for the sake of it. Any ideas?[/B

A few things of note:
Bohemia is in a union under Muscovy
Byzantium took Rome of it's own accord, lost Constantinople to Genoa, and was reborn on Naxos.

How did you paid tribute to horde? If you pay tribute to horde they start to eat lithuania isn't that true?

Nicely done there,sir. That is awesome! :happy:

Now relocate your capital! :p

Thanks! I've actually seriously been considering it. I had another war against the Mamluks (got a "Conquer Sinai" mission), and now I've got eleven provinces over there, compared to two back home.

Does moving my capital out of the HRE mean that I am no longer an HRE member?

Thanks! I've actually seriously been considering it. I had another war against the Mamluks (got a "Conquer Sinai" mission), and now I've got eleven provinces over there, compared to two back home.

Does moving my capital out of the HRE mean that I am no longer an HRE member?

You can't move your capital out of the HRE. You'd have to go through the HRE interface to officially leave it first if you really want to move your capital.

jj9.png

The World, 1428

lwv.png

The British Empire and it's puppets.

And no, that Trebizon is NOT natural, It was my doing. I decided that the Ottomans were not a good vassal to have, so I created two Greek puppets. A weak Byzantium, and a pure Anatolian Trebizon.

Yay me?

You can't move your capital out of the HRE. You'd have to go through the HRE interface to officially leave it first if you really want to move your capital.

Hmmm... apparently I also have to get rid of my one province that's adjacent to my capital. Is there anything else I have to do?

Update, after a third middle eastern war (got the mission to attack Yemen):

rosey.jpg

(full size link here)

I'm itching to move. And Asia Minor is looking tempting.

Wooooooo, the capital of Aachen is now in the Sinai Peninsula! :)

yh8Wg.jpg

The main portion of Aachen (still says "Aachener Asia", but I imagine that will change come next month):

GPGIp.jpg

The ancestral homeland is looking lonely :(

a3u1p.jpg

Full size images here, here, and here.

I practically begged my neighbors (in Europe) to go to war with me so that I could get rid of the one province (Koln) that was attached to the old capital, but they just wouldn't take the bait. And nobody wanted to buy it, I couldn't release it, etc. Finally I got a trade dispute against Burgundy, and so went to war with them and then intentionally lost. I've got a core on Koln, though, and I intend to take it back :)

Hmm, very nice. How much inflation did you cop?

Not much - I think it got up to 0.2.

I think none during the initial conquest... I think I gained 0.1 when making a final push for 1000 ducats (needed to move the capital) - I had something like 941, and just finished a war (during which you're not allowed to move the capital), and didn't want to take the chance of someone declaring war on me before moving up to 1000 naturally. Depending on who that would be, it could have taken years and years, since I have no transports (and no ships at all on the Mediterranean).

I think I gained the other 0.1 while recovering stability immediately after moving the capital (it's a -4 stab hit).

Here's my Colonialist Korea, 1660:

245fpn5.jpg

I started out by colonizing Taiwan and Hokkaido, then the wastes North of Manchuria, which I proceeded to annex with Japanese help. I continued the colonization efforts in the North, and am now securing the most that I can get from the overextending Barbarian hordes. Then, I went into colonizing the Pacific Islands and South-East Asia. Soon, I'll be able to get Alaska before the Castillians work their way up from California.

I am very eager to get Westernization done though, before the Europeans start picking on me.

Here's my Colonialist Korea, 1660:

245fpn5.jpg

I started out by colonizing Taiwan and Hokkaido, then the wastes North of Manchuria, which I proceeded to annex with Japanese help. I continued the colonization efforts in the North, and am now securing the most that I can get from the overextending Barbarian hordes. Then, I went into colonizing the Pacific Islands and South-East Asia. Soon, I'll be able to get Alaska before the Castillians work their way up from California.

I am very eager to get Westernization done though, before the Europeans start picking on me.

How did you get that many colonists?